Chapter Six

It had been two weeks since Emily had made her first appearance and since that first night, she hasn’t left for more than twelve hours at a time.  I’d wake up to the sound of her tip toeing towards Luke’s bunk and giggling when he’d mumble a good morning to her.

It was fucking obnoxious.  Morning’s used to be the only time I got by myself and now I had to share them with this new happy couple which just made me the opposite of that.

I’m not sure what it was, but seeing them together just sent me into a permanent bad mood.  I’m not the only one who noticed my change in attitude either.  Calum, Mike, and Ashton had asked me on multiple occasions over the past week what was going on.  I would have told them had I known myself.

To make matters worse, she was so fucking beautiful and nice to everyone.  Honestly, she was the sweetest person I’ve met in a long time and it made me even more upset about the situation at hand. 

Luckily, when I crawled out of bed this morning the happy couple decided to go out and have some breakfast by themselves.  Sighing with relief, I pulled out a coffee cup and pour myself a very large class. 

I sat down at the dining table and pulled out my phone, opening up twitter.  My feed was filled with 5 Seconds of Summer fans asking me who this girl hanging around Luke was.  Some had pictures attached.  They showed pictures of them holding hands at a coffee shop and getting cozy, causing me to shut the app and toss my phone onto the couch across from me.  “Jesus Christ,” I said a little louder than intended, putting my head against the table.

What was happening to me?  Why the hell do I even care about this?  Am I lonely?  Am I jealous? No.  There’s no way I was jealous. 

“Sydney, are you okay?” I heard a very sleepy Ashton ask while walking into the dining room. 

I kept my head on the table and shrugged my shoulders.  “I don’t even know what’s going on with me anymore,” I mumbled.  Ashton cleared his throat and sat across from me slowly.  I glanced up to look at him before resuming my position.  “I’m just really angry.” 

“I think we’ve all noticed,” Michael said, running his hands through his hair as he walked into the dining area.  He grabbed a glass of chocolate milk from the fridge and walked over to me slowly, lifting my body up slowly pushing me over to make room for himself.

I sighed and rested my head on his shoulder, playing with the hem of my shirt.  “I’m sorry,” I whispered.  He didn’t say anything, he just threw an arm over my shoulder and pulled me into a much needed hug.

“Do you have any clue what could be getting to you?” Ashton asked cautiously.

I opened my mouth ready to tell them I didn’t know what it was when Calum walked into the room and interrupted me.  “Ten bucks says it’s Hemmo and Emily.”

My face immediately reddened at his comment.  “I don’t know what you’re talking about Calum,” I said through gritted teeth.

“Right there, you just proved my point.  Look how mad you got just thinking about them,” he said sitting himself down beside Ashton.

“You’d be mad too if you could hear their mushy good morning talks,” I growled, hiding my face in Michaels side further.  He rubbed my back slowly, making me relax slightly.

“Do you not like her?” Ashton asked a bit confused.  I’d be confused too if I were him.  She was a lovely girl. 

“She’s perfect,” I blurted out throwing my head up, making eye contact with him.

“Syd, are you- please don’t hurt me when I say this okay? But are you jealous?” Michael asked from beside me, squeezing my side.

“I don’t know, I mean its Luke.  How could I get jealous? I have no right to get jealous.” I huffed crossing my arms.  I can’t believe I’m having this talk with them right now.  I needed girlfriends with me on the next tour, I swear to god. 

“Maybe you should talk to Luke-“ Calum started before the door to the bus opened and Luke walked through with Emily close behind. 

“Talk to me about what?” Luke asked, looking around the table at us. 

“Nothing,” I said, standing up and hopping over Michael ready to make my exit off the bus as fast as humanly possible.

Luke blocked my exit and looked down at me with concern in his eyes.  God damn it, those blue eyes got me every time.  “Syd, are you okay?” he asked softly, making my heart race.

I couldn’t respond.  I couldn’t lie, but I couldn’t tell the truth either.  “I’ll be just fine, Luke, I just need to get some fresh air.  I don’t feel well, that’s all,” I said putting on my best fake smile before brushing past him and off the bus as fast as possible.  I’d told him that lie at least three times in the past two weeks and I knew he never actually bought it, but I didn’t care right now.  I needed to get out of here.  I pulled out my phone in search of the one person I knew who lived in this area and hit dial without a second thought.

A short fifteen minutes later, the white Bentley pulled into the venue parking lot at a very high speed before stopping shortly in front of me, squealing its tires in the process.  I sighed happily before approaching the passenger side door and opening it.

“Sydney Anderson,” I heard the driver say happily.

I grinned and turned my attention to Elizabeth in the drivers seat.  She was your average Floridian girl.  Blonde hair, tan skin, great body, she was flawless to be honest. 

“It’s been so long, I forgot what you looked liked,” she giggled before pulling me into a hug, which I happily accepted.

Elizabeth and I had been friends in grade school back in Australia.  We hit it off immediately, due to the fact that both of our families had decided to move their from the United States that year.  Originally, she was from Florida, but after a dicey divorce she moved with her mother to Australia, after graduating last spring, she decided to come back to her original home and we had lost touch in the middle of it all.

I pulled away from the hug and fell back into the seat.  “You have no idea how happy I am to see you.” 

“I’m not really sure why you needed me to come rescue you, you’re with four of the hottest guys from Australia, I figured you were in heaven this past year.” 

I let out a small giggle at her comment and simply shook my head.  “God, you have no idea.”

“Fill me in over coffee?” She smiled wide while driving out of the parking lot as I nodded in approval.

--------------

Two chapters in one day?  I know, I'm awesome.  Please comment and favorite this and do all that good stuff.  Thank you so much.

ALSO UHM FUCKING GOOD GIRLS MUSIC VIDEO CAME OUT TODAY AND I DIED?!? IT WAS SO GOOD I CANT EVEN BEGIN TO EXPLAIN MY EMOTIONS HOLY CRAP.