Chapter Four

The next morning came quicker than any of us had wanted.  After getting back on the bus last night, things didn’t really quiet down until well after two in the morning.  Which was the same time that I thought Emily had left.

She was a nice girl, I’ll give her that.  We actually had a really nice conversation about what it’s like to travel the world.  She also managed to charm the pants off of the boys and even got Luke to blush at her stupid flirty pick-up lines.  I’m not saying she and I were going to be best friends by any means, but she certainly made it hard for anyone to dislike her.

Groaning quietly, I got out of my bunk and wobbled my way towards the kitchen, only to be cut off by the bathroom door flying open, almost smacking me in the face.  Letting out a small scream, I pulled the door back further to see who was seconds away from breaking my nose.

Emily stood on the other side and glanced at me with a look of shock.  “Oh my gosh Sydney, I had no idea you were there!” she said, while closing the door behind her.  “I didn’t hit you right?”

Shaking my head no, I brushed past her back on my path to the kitchen.  I needed coffee and I needed it right now.  I grabbed a cup from the shelf and started brewing.  I can’t believe she’s here this early in the morning.  Did she stay here?  No.  Luke wouldn’t do that.  They just met yesterday for crying out loud.  Talk about over staying your welcome.

“How does Luke like his coffee in the morning?” Emily asked, pulling me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, uhm.. He gets cream and one packet of sugar.  I also add a little chocolate milk to it without him knowing, it adds to the flavor.”  The fact that I know that is sad, but the fact that she wants to know makes me slightly defensive.  “Why?”

“I just wanted to bring him a nice treat this morning, that’s all,” she smiles before pouring some coffee into a cup and doing as I had just said before making her way towards the bunks.

I sighed and rubbed my temples.  “It’s too early for this,” I mumble while filling my own cup as Ashton walked out of the bunks.  “You’re up early,” I say, giggling at his very angry expression.

“Yes.  I am.  Because there are two people in the bunk across from mine being grossly cute at eight in the morning,” he said with a bit of a growl. 

I nodded, understanding exactly where he was coming from.  “Why is she even here?” I whispered at him as he just shrugged.

“Luke invited her to stay the night and come with us today,” he grumbled, plopping down across from me.  I felt my heart quicken in speed as I registered what Ashton said.  Luke had invited Emily to join us for another day, just what I needed.

“Do you think this is going to be a new thing?” I mumbled, glancing up at Ashton with a small pout on my face. 

He shrugged his shoulders and took a sip from his drink.  “He hasn’t brought a girl back to the bus ever.  I don’t even know what’s going on right now.  You should have seen him at dinner.  She came over and they just couldn’t stop talking-“

“Okay, I don’t need to know,” I say, cutting off his speech. 

“Hey, are we still on for today?” He says, trying to change the topic. 

“For Disney?  Hell yeah we are,” I smile wide, giving him a high five. 

“You didn’t tell me you guys were going to Disney!” I hear Emily squeal as she re-enters the kitchen area, followed by Luke.  I fight every urge I have to roll my eyes and tell her she wasn’t invited.

“Yeah, I thought it would be more fun if you came,” Luke grinned, looking down at her before kissing her cheek lightly, causing her to blush. 

My insides were on fire watching them.  I hated this.  It was disgusting and I wanted out.  “I’m going to wake up Calum and Michael,” I said while rising from my spot and practically running towards the bunks.

We managed to get to Disney around noon and had spent almost all our time being extreme tourists.  Michael refused to go on any roller coasters because he was terrified that he would fall out.  After some negotiation, I got him to go on Splash Mountain with Ashton, Calum, and I.  Emily didn’t want to go because she didn’t want to get wet, which meant Luke didn’t go either. 

Those two were inseparable all day and to be quite honest, it was really starting to bother me.  I mean I would understand if they had known each other for more than 24 hours, but oh my god.  Thankfully I wasn’t the only one who noticed.

“Is it weird to anyone else that Luke is suddenly whipped?” Calum asked as we made our way over to the ice cream stand.  “I mean it was one thing when it was Sydney..“ he muttered, making Michael and Ashton chuckle. 

“He was never like that with me,” I mumble while shooting Calum a glare.

“Sydney,” Michael says while throwing an arm over my shoulder.  “He is like that with you every day.”

“Not today,” I retort while shrugging off his arm.  There was silence for a moment before Ashton spoke up. 

“It is weird though.  I mean it’s been a day and he’s acting like they’re dating.”

“EXACTLY!” I shout while throwing my hands in the air.  I am so glad someone finally said it.

“I just think it’s funny that he happened to pick a girl who is the complete opposite of what he goes for,” Calum said with a shrug. 

“Well what does he go for?” I raise my eyebrows and glance at the boys.  In all my years of knowing these guys, I’d never actually asked about their taste in girls.

“You,” they say in complete unison, making my face redden.

-------

The ending of this chapter was cute in my opinion.  It's sort of a filler, but I really just wanted to portray Sydney's friendhsip with the guys and stuff.  I promise it's going to pick up.  Thank you so much for reading, you guys are awesome.  Please feel free to comment and do all that fun stuff.