Chapter Twenty

(Sydney’s POV) 

“How long are you in town for?”

“A couple days,” Luke grinned, giving my hand a small squeeze.  We were currently in route to a car that would take the boys to their hotel for the next few days apparently.

“Does this mean I get to show you guys around New York?” I asked happily, jumping up and down with every step I took.

“It means you get to show us whatever you want to show us for three days,” Ashton nodded, giving me a warm smile before running up behind Calum and jumping onto his back.  “Carry me, my slave.”

“GET OFF OF ME YOU KANGAROO,” Calum let out a shout, trying desperately to get Ashton to let go before tripping, sending them both falling forward.

“I missed you guys,” I giggled, walking by the two boys lying on the floor groaning in pain.

“It’s okay Syd,” Ashton yelled from the ground from behind us.  “We’re fine.  You just keep walking, no big deal.”  I could hear the sarcasm lacing every word he spoke, making me laugh even more before letting go of Luke’s hand and turning around to help the two idiots off the floor. 

After a few second of struggling to lift them both off the floor, we made our way to the exit, ready to face the fans that awaited outside.

Michael rested his hand on the door, looking back at us.  “So uh, is this whole Lydney thing on the down low or are you two about to announce it to the whole world right now?”

I looked frantically over at Luke who had the same blank expression as I did.  Were we really ready for everyone to know? 

“Maybe we should-“

“I’m not ready,” I interrupted him shaking my head back and forth. 

“I know,” Luke chuckled, pulling me in for a hug.  “I was about to say maybe we should wait.”  He said, kissing the top of my head lightly before pulling away.

I nodded, trying to hide the sigh of relief.  It’s not that I didn’t want the world to know that Luke and I were a thing, but it didn’t feel right to let them know the day it happened. 

I wasn’t ready for the repercussions of going public.  Yeah, some of the fans knew who I was just from association, but that was when I was just working for them, not dating one of them.  Even then I got hate for even breathing their air.  I wasn’t ready at all.

Ashton pulled me out of my trance by throwing an arm over my shoulder as Michael opened the door to the arena, letting the sound of screams fill our ears.

“Just hold on to my coat,” Ashton yelled in my direction.  I gave him a slight nod, gripping the side of his coat tightly.

“I’m going to be right behind you,” I heard Luke say in my ear, putting a hand on my shoulder.

For them being the famous ones, I suddenly felt like I was the one with four bodyguards. 

The screams continued as we shuffled our way towards the car, the boys stopping occasionally to take pictures with fans and sign a few things.  I was never too far out of their reach though, making sure at least one of them was close enough to me so I wouldn’t separate.

It’s clear that in my absence these boys had continued to grow in popularity.  At one point, one girl grabbed onto Luke’s shirt, pulling him back into the mass of fans, making him let out a yell. 

“Luke?” I questioned, looking back in concern, trying desperately to see his blonde hair through the crowd.  “Ashton!” I shouted, tugging onto his shirt harder than before, grabbing his attention.  “Luke!”

“Luke?!” Ashton shouted, looking back into the crowd, gesturing for the bodyguards to try and get the fans to let go. 

“Just get to the car!” I heard him yell, as his head popped up in the sea of people.  I nodded in his direction as Ashton pulled me closer to the car, opening the door, basically shoving me inside, followed by him telling some fans to not pull on him.  Calum and Michael came running in shortly after us, letting out a sigh of relief once they found their seats.

A few moments later the door burst open as Luke fell into the vehicle, trying to not crush any fans hands in the process of closing the door.  After successfully shutting the door and locking it securely behind him, he fell onto my lap, breathing the same sigh of relief as the others had previously done.

Giggling, I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him briefly before moving over, giving him room to sit beside me.  “I’m glad you made it out in one piece.”

“Me too,” he chuckled, running a hand through his now messed up hair.  “They ripped my shirt though,” he pouted, pulling at the end of his flannel that had a nice tear in the side.

“I can fix that,” I said, grabbing the fabric in between my fingers, examining it.

“You don’t need to do that, Syd.  God knows I have more than one of these shirts,” he scoffed as he leaned in to kiss my cheek.

“Just so you’re both aware, there are three of us still here,” Calum grumbled from his seat, hiding his face in his hands as a camera flash lit up the inside of the vehicle.

“We’re also still being photographed, so stop acting all cute,” Michael said gesturing towards the two of us, causing us both to inch away from each other.

“Sorry,” I mumbled, dropping Luke’s shirt from my hands and grabbing my phone, trying to distract myself from Luke’s finger brushing on the outside of my thigh out of sight to the other boys.

Opening twitter, I put together a small tweet: finally got to see the boys again @5SOS

With a cute picture I had insisted we take while hanging out before the show, automatically getting swarmed with retweets and mentions, seconds after it posted.  Setting down my phone I looked up at the four boys around me, giving them all a wide smile. 

“So what type of adventure are we going on tonight?”

---------

This is such a filler and I don't really know how I feel about it, but I promised you guys a chapter and here it is.

Also, I actually hate asking for you guys to comment and stuff, but it's sort of hard to get inspiration or motivation to write this when there's not a lot of support?? idk maybe I'm crazy.  All I'm asking is for a comment here and there, that would be cool.

IN OTHER NEWS 5SOS WON THEIR FIRST AMA TONIGHT AND OH MY GOD JUST YES.