Chapter Nine

(Luke’s P.O.V)

I trudged into the club and found myself a seat in a booth.  This was fantastic.  I came here to spend time with my friends and I’m sitting at a booth by myself.  Lately it’s like none of them even wanted me around.  I guess that’s not technically true, it was just Sydney, but wherever Sydney went these days Ashton seemed to be close behind her, which was really getting irritating. 

I don’t know what’s gotten into her, less than a month ago we were perfectly fine.  No matter what I do, she keeps dodging me like I’m some sort of disease.  Just the other day I woke up early and made breakfast for her with Emily, and when she walked into the dining area, she told us she was allergic to pancakes.  Allergic to pancakes.  Ridiculous.  I’ve seen her eat multiple pancakes on many different occassions.

I wanted my best friend back to be honest.  I missed her more than anything.  We used to sneak off by ourselves and explore the stadiums after the concert got out and stare at the view from the very top.  Those were my favorite memories from this tour and I refused to do that with Emily.  It’s not that I didn’t enjoy her company or that I didn’t like her, but I wanted my Sydney.  My Sydney?  Did I seriously just say that?  She’s not mine.  We were just best friends that liked to goof off together.. and cuddle.

“Luke!” I heard Calum yell, heading over to me, “what are you doing here all by yourself?” he said plopping down across from me.

“Well, I don’t want to flirt with girls and Sydney and Ashton seem to want their alone time.. again.” I mumbled the last part before looking over in their direction.  She was laughing at something he had said and resting her hand on his thigh.  I gulped and gritted my teeth, feeling my face heat up.  Ashton sucked. 

Calum followed my gaze and nodded. “Listen mate, Sydney has been having a really rough time lately and Ashton’s just worried.”

“What’s she having a rough time with and why has no one said anything to me about any of this?  I thought we were all friends.” I said, shouting slightly, hitting my hands against the table.

“She just.. She misses you being around and-“ he looked over at them again, his eyes widening as he did so.

I followed his shocked expression and saw Sydney standing between Ashton’s legs, kissing him.  My heart started pounding as it fell into my stomach.  No.  He’s not allowed to kiss her.

“What the fu-“ Michael yelled, pointing towards the traitors.  He wasn’t able to finish his sentence because Calum had covered his mouth abruptly.

“I’m leaving..” I mumbled, looking back at Ashton who was now looking at me with shock written all over his face.  Shocked he got caught, I’m sure.  I shook my head and headed for the exit. 

I had made it all the way outside before I stopped to breathe.  Ashton Irwin kissed Sydney Anderson.  My insides felt like they were burning and I couldn’t breathe.  Christ, how could he do that to me?

“Mate..” I heard a familiar voice say behind me.

I turned around to face him.  His hair had fallen into his eyes and he was looking at me like I was an injured puppy.  “What do you need Ashton?” 

“What you saw-“

“Why does it matter what I saw?” I interrupted, surprising him. 

“I.. Listen, I just want you to know that it was an accident,” he sighed, stepping closer to me.

“Why would I care, mate?” I said the last part with a ting of bitterness in my voice and it was obvious.

He paused for a moment and looked at me, narrowing his eyes before grabbing my shirt and pulling me closer to him.  “We both know why the hell you care, Luke.  Don’t act like it’s a big secret.  It’s been three years and everyone but the two of you have seemed to figure it out.” 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” I said shoving him off of me.

“So you’re saying you don’t like her?  You don’t feel anything for Sydney?  You’re okay with her kissing me?” he said shoving me back slightly.  He’s never been aggressive, but then again neither have I. 

I ran my hands through my hair and turned away from him, taking a deep breath.  “I’m definitely not okay with you kissing her ever,” I glanced over at him to see him let out a small chuckle making me want to shove him even harder.  “What’s so funny?” 

“You don’t get it.  You’re so blind,” he hissed. “Do you really not know what’s been going on, or maybe why she’s avoiding you?” he said, glaring at me.

“No Ashton, I have no clue why she’s avoiding me.  I don’t know why you’ve been up her butt for the past month either, but no one in this band tells me anything anymore,” I said throwing my hands in the air. 

“Luke, man,” he stepped closer to me, putting a hand on my shoulder and shaking it lightly.  “What you just felt in there,” he pointed towards the club, “is what she’s felt for the past month now.” 

I blinked a few times, trying to take in what Ashton had just said.  She felt her heart fall out her ass for a month?  Why?  He sighed getting frustrated with my lack of talking.

“You and Emily.  As a couple.  Together.  Kissing.  Going on dates.”  He emphasized each sentence, waiting for it all to click.

“She’s jealous?” I said, looking at him slightly shocked.  

He clapped his together and nodded happily at my realization.  “Just like you were.” 

“I am not jealous,” I crossed my arms shaking my head. 

“You looked at me like you were going to punch me in the face,” he laughed.  “I’m pretty sure you were jealous.”

I was jealous and I knew it, but saying it out loud is a different story.  Watching her kiss Ashton made me want to run over there and shove him off of her and crashing my lips onto hers. 

“What about Emily..” I whispered, mostly to myself but Ashton definitely heard 

“I think you need to figure out some things.”

-----------

OH MY GOD SYDNEY KISSED ASHTON AND LUKE GOT JEALOUS. Things are about to get interesting. 

Also, was the Luke POV good?  Should I be doing more of it?  it's really up to you guys.