Chapter Twenty-Six

Sydney’s POV:

Four weeks.  Four weeks in total that I haven’t seen Luke.  Four weeks that we have officially been together.  Four weeks of long calls way past midnight, skype calls with all four of the boys trying to cram into the frame, indirect tweets to one another, and more texts than I care to admit to.  In short, I was more than excited that the boys were finally coming back to New York.

I anxiously waited at the baggage claim area, along with quite a few other girls and people with cameras, who I’m assuming were here for the same reason I was.  Within seconds, the flashes started as I saw that perfectly quiffed blonde hair sticking up through the crowd. 

Smiling to myself, I made my way over to the four boys walking, bags in hand, looking like super models.  I swear to God, they’re the only people I know that can sit on a plane for seven hours and still look cute when they get off.

I waved frantically trying to grab their attention.  Unfortunately for me, so was everyone else around me.  Girls began pushing and shoving, just trying to get close enough to take a picture of the boys who were now being completely squished, regardless of the bodyguards around them.

Trying to squeeze in between people was getting harder the closer I got to the front.  One girl even shoved me completely out of the way, telling me to “wait my turn.”  In all of my years for working with the boys, I had never come across a crowd that was this.. rude..  Girls were screaming profanities at them, throwing things at them, grabbing them and yanking them in each direction.  I couldn’t even begin to contain my anger.

Shoving past some of the same girls I had earlier, I was now more determined than ever to get my best friends and at least try and help them get out of this mess.

“I told you to wait your turn!” The girl I had bumped into earlier, yelled in my direction.

“It is my fucking turn,” I spat, continuing to push forward, getting elbowed in the face by a fan trying to take a picture.  That’s going to bruise.

The closer I got, the more hectic things seemed to get, and I was starting to regret my decision to try and save the day completely.  That is, until someone grabbed a hold of Calum’s shirt and physically ripped it.  Reaching over, I yanked the fabric out of her hands, giving her a cold glare before falling into Calum himself.

“Syd?” He shouted over the crowd, clutching his now ripped sleeve.

“Hi!” I grinned, as someone else pulled on my shirt, trying to get me to move out of the way.  Letting out an angry sigh, I pushed forward, grabbing Cal’s hand and practically forcing myself through the crowd of unruly people.  Another hand grabbed on to Calum’s arm, tugging at him, causing him to stumble backwards.

“That’s it,” I muttered, before whipping around and pointing directly at girl still yanking on Calum.  “DON’T FUCKING TOUCH HIM,” I shouted, causing more than one girl to release their holds on different members of the band.  Giving Calum a slightly nudge, I forced him out the door and towards the waiting van outside.

“Have you ever thought about working as a security guard?” He giggled as he gave me a proper hug before hopping into the car.  “I missed you by the way.”

“I missed you too,” I grinned before turning back towards the door ready to haul the other three out in one piece.

Taking a deep breath, I made my way back through the unruly crowd and found Michael’s hand, giving him a reassuring smile.  Not many people know this, but he’s not too fond of large crowds.  They made him nervous, and frankly I could see why.  “Grab Luke if you can!” I shouted over the yelling.  Michael whipped back, grabbing onto Luke and pulling him with us as we weaved through the people.