Chapter Three

The day flew by with relative ease.  The boys did their sound check and had what seemed like a thousand interviews while I helped set up all the merch and had a meeting with some possible new vendors about posters and some clothing that was in the works.  Overall, it’s been a long ass day and I’m ready for a nap.  Unfortunately for me, I can’t do that because in less than an hour, the band has to be out on stage and I need to be ready with my camera to record a live performance of She Looks So Perfect for their youtube channel.

Currently, there was some Good Charlotte blasting through to speakers while Ashton was trying to find the perfect bandana to wear for tonights show.  Luke and Calum were getting their hair styled by Lou while Michael and I were busy typing away on our lap tops.

“Will someone please just tell me who took the camo bandana?”  Ashton spoke urgently.

“I told you already, no one else in this band wears your stupid fucking bandanas, Ash” Michael grumbled, momentarily looking up from his screen.

I sighed and sat my lap top down next to Michael and stood up, walking towards Ashton’s closet to help him look further.  “Maybe it just fell into another area, and why do you need to wear the camo one today?” 

“Harry bought it for me before we left for the tour, he said it was his favorite..” he mumbled while looking down.  “I just really miss home.” 

“We’ll be home soon man, we have some off time in a few months,” Luke says while standing up and patting Ashton on the back, giving him an understanding smile.

The truth is, we all missed home.  It’s almost impossible to not get homesick when you’re gone for so long.  We’re out here doing things most people only dream of, while our families are sitting at home living the perfectly good life we left behind.

We all remained pretty quiet after that.  After ten months of being on tour, it was clear everyone was in need of their families and there was no denying that.  The only thing to break our silence was the sound of the door opening and the stage manager giving them a five minute warning. 

The boys gathered together in the middle of the room, forming a group hug.  I pulled out my camera as quietly as possible before turning it on and snapping a few pictures of them.

“If you take one more picture, I’m going to break that thing,” I heard Calum mumble.

I giggled to myself before setting it down and skipping over to the four of them as they pulled apart.  I gave them each a long hug, giving them words of encouragement as I did so.  Luke pulled me into a really tight hug, resting his head against the top of mine before kissing my cheek and pulling away. 

They rushed out of the room and grabbed their guitars, bass, and drumsticks as they bumped fists with the rest of the crew.  The music was loud, but the screams were even louder.  When Ashton stepped out onto the stage I knew from that point on, it was only going to get more intense.

I made my way to the bottom of the stage with my headpiece in to block out some of the screams I could hear, ready to take another set of photos. 

Halfway through the set I felt something hit me in the back, causing me to turn around.  I looked to the ground and saw a bra with a twitter handle written on it along with a phone number.  “Seriously?” I mumbled before kicking it to the side.  Michael seemed to have noticed because he couldn’t contain his laughter, causing the others to look his way.  I flipped him off and he returned the gesture with a huge smile on his face.  What a little shit.

Once their set was over, I decided to stay and watch One Direction perform which never disappointed me.  Those five boys were the bees knees and I had the best view.

Later that night I made my way back to the tour bus greeting some of the fans that had found their way to the gates.  They asked me to take some of their letters and gifts for the boys and I happily obliged.

I could hear talking and laughter coming from inside the bus.  I didn’t expect anyone to be up, it was almost midnight and it’s not like any of us got to sleep in.  Pulling open the door, I walked inside to see all four boys sitting around in the small dining area we had.  I shifted my gaze next to Luke and noticed a petite girl sitting beside him.  She’s new. 

I flicked my eyes over to Ashton with a questioning look who just shrugged before standing up and hugging me.  “They met at the restaurant we went to after our set,” he whispered in my ear. 

“Thanks for the invite asshole,” I whispered back, pulling away.

“We figured when you didn’t come back after the set that you were going to be out there for a while,” Calum chimes in from his seat.

I nodded, knowing he was right, but the fact that there was a girl sitting in my seat on my bus was clouding my judgment.  Although, I really shouldn’t be having judgments, I haven’t even spoken to her yet. 

Just like clockwork, Luke stood up and helped up his new friend ready to introduce us.  “Emily, this is Sydney, she’s our media manager,” he said smiling down at her.  Media manager? Not best friend? Alrighty then.

“Hi, it’s lovely to meet you,” she smiled wide at me before pulling me into a hug.  Shit.  She was being nice.

“It’s nice to meet you too,” I put on my best smile and hugged her back, inwardly rolling my eyes.  This should be interesting.

-------------

This one is kinda shortish, but yeah.  Trouble in paradise maybe?  Who knows.  Thank you so much for reading this though.. I don't think anyone will ever understand how much it means to me.