Chapter Seventeen

A/N: If you wanna have all the feels, listen to Lost Boy while reading

------

(Luke’s POV)

To say I was nervous to play this set would be an understatement.  I felt myself begin to shake as I heard the beginning melody of 18 start to play causing the fans to erupt into screams. 

I rushed out onto the stage after Calum and scanned the crowd, taking it all in like I always do when I first come out.  Letting out a small sigh of relief, I began strumming my guitar.  This was my comfort zone.  These people were here for us.  I could get through tonight in one piece no matter how much is riding on tonight’s chain of events.

I approached the mic and started to sing causing the screaming to get even louder if that were possible. “I wish that I was eighteen, do all the things you read in a magazine, I’m not saying I wanna be Charlie Sheen,” I smiled wide as I watched the people in the crowd sing the lyrics back to me while jumping up and down.

Michael walked over to me, giving me a cheeky grin before cocking his head to the side, gesturing towards Sydney who was having just as much fun as the people in the crowd, causing me to let out a laugh.

I love her.  Yeah I said it.  I love her.  I love the way she laughs, the way her fair falls into her face when she reads a book.  I love her horrible dancing skills and the way she concentrated on taking the perfect picture that could capture a moment.  I loved the way it felt when we kissed or when we used to cuddle up on the couch after a long night.  I’ve loved her for a long time and I will do anything in the world to make sure she knows it. 

Calum nudged me, causing me to look away from Sydney, only to realize I’d completely missed my line.  I shrugged, making a face at the crowd who were too busy snapping pictures to care about my mess up.

(Sydney’s POV)

The boys were killing it on stage tonight.  I honestly forgot how amazing it was to see them perform, especially from backstage.  It gave you a completely different view of things.  I could see the way they interacted with the crowd and the way the crowd interacted with them.  They were so connected in moments like these that it just made everything seem that much more amazing. 

Their set was almost over and they had just gotten done singing Amnesia, one of my personal favorites, when Luke started to speak.

“So tonight,” he smiled as the crowd started to scream, “tonight is a very special night.”

“And why is that Lucas?” Michael spoke into the mic causing more girls to squeal.

“Well tonight, we’re going to be playing a new song,” Luke grinned as the crowd went wild.

I didn’t know about a new song.  In fact, I thought this show was their typical set list.  No one even told me they were writing new music.

“It’s a song I wrote a few weeks back after realizing just how much one person can mean to you,” Luke paused, taking a second to glance over at me, making my heart start to pound in my chest.  “And how lost you can actually be without them in your life because you realize that without them, you’re life isn’t even that great,” he kept his eyes on mine as he spoke, before turning back to the crowd.  “It’s called Lost Boy,” he says before Ashton starts drumming, followed by Michael and Luke joining in on their guitars.  It was the melody I had heard over the phone earlier today.

I can’t remember the last time I saw your face,

I feel so lonely when I’m in a crowded space, 

You left me without direction.

I was frozen in my seat as Luke’s voice filled the arena.

Cause I’ve been from place to place

Trying to bring you back

I’ve walked for days and days

Cause I can’t face the fact

That nothing is better than you

Michael made eye contact with me, grinning from ear to ear when he saw just how red my face was from blushing.

I’m coming because I need to find you

Is anybody there who can rescue

Somebody like me?

Cause I’m just waiting

For somebody like you

Somebody like you

Without you I’m a lost boy

Come find me I’m a lost boy

Cause without you I’m a lost boy 

My feet tapped to the beat as I tried to distract myself from the tears that were welling in my eyes.  I didn’t want to cry, not in front of them.  Calum started in on the next verse giving Luke time to casually walk over to Michael while looking at me with a small smile on his lips.  I gave him my best smile while desperately trying to hold my shit together, which proved impossible when I heard Calum sing “Cause you were perfection.”

I swallowed hard as the tears started to fall, making it hard to see the boys as they sang the rest of the song which ended a minute or two later.  I stood slowly from my spot and walked into the back hallway, out of view from everyone before I completely let myself go.  I loved Lucas Robert Hemmings and there was no way I could deny it.

---------

well this was super short, my bad.  BUT UHM THEY LOVE EACH OTHER?!?!? YAYAYAYA.

Leave me a comment telling me what you think the upcoming chapters will be like??