Chapter One

There are three steps to get any guy out of bed in the morning.  The first is to simply bug them to death until they give in.  If attempt number one fails, it’s important to move onto step number two; get loud.  Slam some doors, turn on some music, sing a little too loud and just wait.  If they still refuse to get out of their bed, it’s time to get serious.  Make food.  Make delicious smelling food, like bacon, pancakes, eggs, coffee, anything.  I promise you, they will be up and out of their beds in 10 minutes.

How do I know this?  Well, when you’ve lived on a tour bus with four boys who sleep more than any cat I have ever met, you need to learn the tricks.  And since all four of my lovely bus mates have refused to get out of bed despite my begging, slamming, and pleading, I’ve resorted to making breakfast. 

Just as I predicted, five minutes into frying up some bacon, I can hear some shuffling coming from the bunks.  Glancing up from my pan, I see a very sleepy Ashton approaching 

“What are you making me?” he grins, rubbing his eyes and putting on his glasses coming closer.

“Good morning to you too, Ash” I say smiling in his direction before giving him a small hug and handing him a cup of coffee, just the way he likes it.

“You are the most amazing person in the world,” he says mumbling into his cup before taking a small sip and sitting down on the couch.

Turning my attention back to the bacon, I flip a few pieces over before I hear a crash coming from the bunks followed by a few muffled swears.  Luke slowly approaches the two of us, rubbing his head a few times.

“Hit your head again?” I giggle at his expression and hand him his own cup of coffee.

Luke looks down at me pouting while grabbing the coffee, “I keep forgetting how short the ceilings are on this damn bus.”

Ashton lets out one of his signature giggles, causing him to get an M & M thrown at him, hitting him directly in the forehead.  “OW LUKE!”

“Don’t laugh at my pain, asshole.” Luke chuckles, pulling me into a tight hug and kisses the top of my head lightly.  “Thank you for the coffee, Syd.”

“You’re welcome,” I mumble into his chest. I turn back to the food, trying to hide the blush that has crept onto my cheeks.

“I SMELL BACON,” Michael screams, running into the kitchen area and right over to me.  “Sydney, you spoil us,” he chuckles before grabbing a piece off the plate I had just set out, popping it into his mouth.

“It’s part of my job I guess,” I shrug, handing him some chocolate milk,  “Now save some bacon for everyone else, I haven’t even put it on the table yet,” I nudge him slightly, taking the plate over to Ashton and Luke who eagerly grab a piece.

“Where’s Cal?” Ashton says, looking towards the bunks.

“I’m here, I’m here,” Calum says while stumbling out of the bunk area.

I smirk looking at his hair, which happens to be all over the place.  “Rough night?”

“I ran into some fans while I was out and they can seriously run,” he laughed lightly, plopping down beside Luke who just shook his head. 

“You’re going to get into trouble if you keep going off on your own without a guard,” I say, trying to sound as serious as possible.  I know nothing I say will really make him stop.  He’s 18 and wants to go out on his own sometimes, I don’t blame him.

“yes mum,” he grins and shoves a piece of bacon into his mouth.  I shake my head and put the remaining food onto a large plate and bring it over to the boys, sitting down next to Michael.

I glance around at each of the boys and smile to myself before grabbing whats remaining for food.  These four boys have changed my life in the best possible way.  Before them I couldn’t have dreamed of living a life like this.  

It all started back in 2011 when I was asked to babysit Lauren and Harry, Ashton’s younger siblings.  Ashton had come home early and we ended up chatting.  After that, we ran into each other quite a bit and we ended up becoming pretty good friends. 

He told me he was asked to be a drummer in a band and asked if I wanted to go see them play some time.  Of course I accepted, which is how I met the other three boys.  It was a small show in a dirty old pub that was filled with mostly older woman and a few teenagers that knew the band.  I brought along my camera and snapped off a few photos while they were performing and uploaded them onto my facebook page, not thinking much of it.  

I continued to do this for a couple months.  I’d go to a show, chat with the boys and hang out before they started, I’d snap a few pictures and post them and repeat the cycle at the next show.  Each show seemed to get a little larger, and the pictures I had posted started to blow up. 

It was around that time that the boys finally signed to a record deal and their manager asked me how I felt about actually working for them.  At the time I was only 15 and didn’t think much of it, especially because these guys were slowly becoming some of my closest friends.  He let me keep taking pictures of the boys on stage and back stage when we were just hanging out. 

He told me I was in charge of their media and merchandise.  Which meant I ran their websites and youtube.  I was also in charge of their merch line.  So anything that had a picture had to either go through me or be designed by me, with the help of the boys of course. 

From then, they’ve only gotten more popular and being on tour with One Direction two tours in a row, has made it close to impossible to be a small band from Sydney.

You may be wondering why a media manager has to be on the road with them, and the answer is, I really don’t have to be.  But the boys insisted I come so I can continue to take pictures and videos to help update the fans.  I also am now the head of the merch stores and help keep that in check at every concert we have.

When the tour first started, I was on a bus with the other managers, who were much older than me.  And despite loving them to death, it was so boring.  I would end up on the boys bus by the end of the night without fail.  They had two extra bunks anyways, so I slowly claimed that as my own and I’ve been on here ever since.

---------------------

This was basically to just introduce the characters so it's kinda dull right now but it will pick up, trust me.

Please feel free to check out my blog that I run with my friend, it's all 5 Seconds of Summer so it's pretty nifty http://fivesaucekisses.tumblr.com/