Chapter Three- Family Forever

'It had roughly been a day since Ryker killed three out of four of his assailants, Vaggie had bandaged him up shortly after finding out what happened'

'Ryker has a bandage directly across his left eye aswell as the horn that had shattered, which was already showing signs of growing back. Albeit very minimal signs'

'Ryker however was much worse for ware mentally, not only was he spending more time alone. He was clearly guilty over what had happened'

'Currently Ryker was sitting in his room, underneath his bed as he had been for the past day'

'Charlie and Vaggie tried to give him some space, but they were clearly begining to worry. In hell people die all the time, it was second nature for Vaggie and Charlie to deal with it'

'But Ryker was by far the most innocent creature in hell. Even moreso then his mother'

'Charlie was always better at coaxing Ryker out of situations like this, but thus far she had been having little to no luck with this one'

'So Vaggie decided to step up to the plate. Unlike Charlie, Vaggie had killed before during her time in hell. Always out of self defense aswell'

Vaggie: "Hey Bud.....how are you feeling?" 'Vaggie asks quietly, sitting on her knee's infront of Ryker's bed'

'As Vaggie expected she didnt earn any response. Causing her to sigh to herself as she lays down onto her stomach, getting a view under the bed'

'Ryker was visibly laying at the back of the bed, his one visible eyesocket glowing dully'

Vaggie: "Ryker. Come here please" 'Vaggie says softly, making eye contact with Ryker'

'Ryker shrinks momentarily, shaking his head for a moment before looking back to Vaggie'

'Over the years Vaggie had developed a specific look she would use against Ryker when she needed to get him to her'

'Ryker then placed his hands over his eyes, letting out a quiet whimper. Sending a much more concerned look across Vaggie's face'

Vaggie: "Ryker..." 'Vaggie says with a little bit more of a serious tone in her voice'

'Briefly bumping his forehead against the carpeted floor Ryker lets out a huff before crawling to the edge of the bed, stopping just close enough to be infront of Vaggie'

Vaggie: "There you are..." 'Vaggie says with a soft smile, holding her hand out to Ryker'

'Ryker seems to hesitate for a minute before extending his hand out towards Vaggie's only for him to freeze as he looks at his hand'

'Ryker slowly retracts his hand, slinking backwards a few steps as a light whimper comes from him'

'He was scared he might hurt her'

Vaggie: "Oh sweetie no..." 'Vaggie says in a sympathetic tone, resting her chin on the floor'

Vaggie: "Those men were very, very bad people. If you hadnt done what you did...they would have hurt you more than they already have" 'Vaggie explains quietly'

'As Vaggie sits patiently Ryker places his hands on his head, letting out a quiet but clearly distressed hum, tears begining to well up in his eye'

Vaggie: "I know you didn't want to hurt them, Mommy knows that too. So does aunty Nifty" 'Vaggie says softly, a warm smile on her face'

'Vaggie sits waiting before Ryker crawls closer to her, poking his head out from under the bed, softly bumping his forehead against Vaggie's'

Vaggie: "There's my little man" 'Vaggie says with a smile, picking Ryker up softly'

'Ryker lets out a despondent rumble, his tail wrapping itself around his waist'

Vaggie: "You are not. A monster!" 'Vaggie says in a defiant tone, earning a light huff from Ryker'

'Vaggie squints at Ryker for a moment before sighing to herself, bringing him into a sitting position, hugging him softly'

Vaggie: "If you're a monster. That makes you my monster. And thats never going to change" 'Vaggie says reassuringly, rocking from side to side softly'

'Ryker nestles his head into Vaggie's neck, a soft hum coming from him as he does so, earning a relieved sigh from Vaggie'

Ryker: "I love you Mama" 'Ryker says quietly, doing his best to wrap his arms around Vaggie in a hug. Doing the same with his much larger wingspan'

Vaggie: "I love you too buddy" 'Vaggie says softly, a relieved smile crossing her face'

'As Vaggie continues to rock side to side softly she slowly feels Ryker's grip on her begin to lighten. His breathing slowly became softer, his wings drooping lightly from their position wrapped around Vaggie'

'Vaggie's attention is brought to the doorway to Ryker's room, the sound of knocking being the cause'

'Charlie was standing in the doorway, leaning against the doorframe. Her usual white shirt being replaced by one of Vaggie's gray shirts'

Charlie: "Finally got him to come out from under there i see" 'Charlie says with a light smile on her face, walking over to Vaggie'

Vaggie: "Yep. Usually thats your area of expertise, I'd say i did well" Vaggie says with a chuckle, gloating lightly'

'Charlie looks down at Ryker, a light smile on her face as she places a hand on Ryker's head, earning a melodic hum from him'

Vaggie: "But i still dont get that" 'Vaggie says in a light pout, earning a giggle from Charlie'

Charlie: "I'm still not sure what that means, but im guessing it's like purring" 'Charlie says softly'

*To Be Continued