Chapter Two- How Time Flies

'It had been just under a year now since Charlie and Vaggie adopted Ryker. Yet it felt as if it were yesterday'

'Overall the situation hadnt changed too much. Ryker was still as energetic and curious as always'

'However the hotel seemed to have picked up some attention, mostly from the newer arrivals in hell'

'No one had actually taken part in it yet, but the growing attention it was receiving was promising'

'Then there was Ryker himself. He hadnt changed all too much, save for is slight growth'

'He had grown very little over the past months, only being a couple of pounds heavier. But he had certainly matured'

'He was still very energetic and Childish, but he seemed to have a much greater understanding of things now'

'He hadnt spoke, nor had he learned to write yet. But after some encouragement from both of his mothers, he learned how to read'

'While he couldn't read Chapter books yet, he could understand most written words now'

'He had even learned how to properly walk upright now. Although he still preferred to crawl due to the difference in energy use'

'His Horns seem to have become more pronounced as well, the yellow glow coming from the tips of his horns having spread down his horns a little more, they certainly looked much sharper'

'His fingers had grown much sharper aswell, resembling claws more than fingers, despite their range of articulation'

'His tail had begun turning a darker blackish gray color instead of the silver steel color it was before'

'He had also adopted an new range of vocalizations, most of them are simmilar to the ones he usualy makes, however there are a series of them that sound eerily similar to words'

'At the moment at the Hotel bar Husk is pouring himself a drink, yet again in a slightly smaller glass than usual'

'Below the rack holding stacks upon stacks of alchohol is shadow. Which seems to twist every so often'

'In the darkness two glowing eyesockets appear, flickering into light'

'Moments later the shadow bolts out of the shadow causing Husk to stagger slightly'

'After a moment passes Husk lifts his tail up, turning his head to it with an eyebrow raised'

'Ryker is visibly hanging onto Husk's tail, letting out an alarmed hum as he is lifted into the air'

'Ryker twists his way around Husk's tail, a light rumble sounding simmilar to a laugh coming from him as he looks to the older Demon'

Husk: "Your mums are busy ain't they?" 'Husk asks earning a nod from Ryker, earning an understanding nod from Husk as he sets Ryker down'

'Ryker then crawls around the Bar, before Climbing up the walls, deciding to wander around the hotel on the roof'

'As he wanders around the hotel Ryker freezes as Charlie walks under him, causing him to start stealthily following her from the roof'

'Charlie had just finished her work and went looking for Ryker, not having much luck of course'

'As she stops Ryker hangs down infront of her, having wrapped his tail around the light above her, causing Charlie to jump slightly'

Charlie: "There you are! I was wondering where you went" 'Charlie says with a smile, placing her hands on her hips'

'Ryker responds with a light hum, dropping down from the ceiling, causing Charlie to catch him on instinct'

'After a moment Ryker looks at Charlie, tilting his head in confusion, having jumped from the ceiling to the floor many times before'

Charlie: "What? You're my baby!" 'Charlie says with a defensive tone, earning a quiet hum from Ryker'

'Ryker then climbs up onto Charlie's shoulder, a soft rumble coming from him as Charlie starts walking again'

Charlie: "Yep! Were going to go find Mamá" 'Charlie says with a Spanish accent, despite its poor quality. earning a light huff from Ryker as he shakes his head'

'Over the past months Ryker had grown rather comfortable around the few people that stayed in the hotel'

'Nifty had taken on the roll of being an aunt of sorts, claiming "It was her responsibility" to do so'

'Husk had been a babysitter of sorts whenever Charlie and Vaggie were too busy to look after him, all be it rather begrudgingly'

'Ryker still seems unsure about Angel, often curiously approaching before backing away. Likley unsure of what Angel was, given he is practically a anthropomorphic spider'

'One thing that hadnt changed was that Ryker absolutley hates Alastor's guts'

'Alastor had begun to seem rather on edge around the young hellspawn, perhaps he had encountered one before?'

'However Ryker had grown much more complex over the last months aswell'

'His personality had changed aswell. Where he was rather affectionate around both Vaggie and Charlie he had grown different mannerisms involving each parrent'

'With Charlie he was much more playful, seeming to match Charlie's more high energy personality. While with Vaggie Ryker was much calmer, more than content to fall asleep around her'

'Vaggie had made it a regular occurrence for Charlie to find the two of them having a quick nap, especially since Vaggie already had poor sleeping habits'

'However there were a few things that both confused and worried the parenting duo'

'Ryker had begun to refuse to eat, or open his mouth at all after one certain encounter, having scared Vaggie quite badly, even with her reassuring him she was fine afterwards, it seem to have stuck with the young Hellspawn'

'Yet the lack of food seemed to not really affect him, likley due to his biology'

'Little did the two know that he hadnt just decided to quiet down, he was going through quite a few changes. It would seem both of his mothers had begun to influence his growth'

*To Be Contonued&