Chapter One-Oddities

'Charlie and Vaggie had been ecstatic over the past two days. They had officially adopted Ryker and were doing their best to prepare for their roles as parents'

'However despite this they still have a business to run so today Vaggie had decided to do most of the "Heavy Lifting" today to give Charlie some more time with Ryker'

'Charlie had been trying to teach Ryker to read and write not to much avail. She is currently walking back into the lounge. Her phone in hand'

Charlie: "Allright buddy, what are we going to d-"

'Charlie cuts herself off once she notices Ryker's absence. Blinking in confusion. It had become a rather common occurence for him to sit under or behind furniture when left alone. Anywhere with shade really'

Charlie: "Oh no! Where did Ryker go?" 'Charlie asks with an exaggerated tone, deciding to play dumb'

'Charlie's fun was cut short by a soft rumble catching her attention causing her to look up, her eyes widening in surprise'

'Ryker had found his way onto the ceiling, he was SITTING on the ceiling like it was an every day thing, apparently being able to defy gravity'

Charlie: "What in the nine circles? How did you...." 'Charlie says with a confused voice, a confused grin visible on her face'

'Ryker gives off a light hum, a visibly happy expression forming on his face'

Charlie: "Come on down to mommy" 'Charlie says sweetly, trying to coax Ryker down from the ceiling'

'Ryker tilts his head before moving onto his hands and feet, still managing to defy gravity before he starts crawling down the wall. Leaping to the ground only to end up falling forward'

'With a light chuckle Charlie helps Ryker up as he shakes his head before looking upto her his smile returning once more'

Charlie: "Are you okay?" 'Charlie asks softly earning a light rumble from Ryker as he pushes his head against the hand Charlie had laid on his cheek'

'After checking Ryker over Charlie sits on the ground crossing her legs as she takes out her phone'

Charlie: "Come here buddy, let's watch a video" 'Charlie says pulling Ryker into her lap earning a confused hum from him'

'Once looking at Charlie's phone Ryker tilts his head noticing his reflection causing him to reach his hands upto his horns. Curiously grasping them. Earning a light smile from Charlie'

'After a few moments Charlie puts a video on her phone, causing Ryker's attention to instantly snap to it'

'As the video Plays Charlie couldnt help but find herself smiling at the scene before her. The video was just a little kids cartoon. But Ryker seemed rather curious over it'

'However her amusement was quickly cut short by her phone ringing causing Ryker to jump, his glow turning a shade closer to orange as he quickly moves behind Charlie'

'Charlie herself was quite startled not because of the phone ringing or because of Ryker's sudden movement. But because her MOM was calling HER, for the first time in ages'

'After fumbling with the phone for a moment Charlie awnsers it pressing the device to her ear'

Charlie: H-Hi mum! How are you?" 'Charlie asks with an excited tone of voice'

Charlie: "Oh I'm doing good! Things are...a little slow around here but it seems to be picking up!"

'As Charlie talks with her mother on the phone. Ryker had calmed down, making his way onto the couch. Curling up into a ball slightly'

'Ryker curiously watches Charlie pace around the lounge as she talks on the phone, tilting his head slightly'

'After a moment Charlie's expression becomes more nervous'

Charlie: "W-Wait you mean-"

Charlie: "In two weeks?"

Charlie: "O-Ok I'll get everything ready. Love you, bye" Charlie says with a conflicted look on her face'

'Once Charlie is done talking, Ryker gets up crawling over to Charlie, gently placing his hands on her leg to stand up. A quiet rumble coming from him'

'Charlie looks down, her nervous expression fading slightly when she notices the concerned look on Ryker's face'

Charlie: "C'mere buddy" 'Charlie says lifting Ryker up, carrying him in a sitting position'

'Once Ryker is settled in a comfortable position he reaches up placing his hands on Charlie's face, letting out a quiet hum'

Charlie: "I'm okay sweetie" 'Charlie says softly earning a soft rumble as Ryker falls back into his sitting position'

'Charlie eventually makes her way through the hotel, finding Vaggie going over a few things in the storage room'

'Once Vaggie notices Charlie she stands up from her chair, walking over to Charlie'

Charlie: "Hey, how are things going in here?" 'Charlie asks curiously'

Vaggie: "Oh you know. Papers and....more papers" 'Vaggie says with a sigh'

Vaggie: "Why? Whatsup?" 'Vaggie asks noticing Charlie's troubled expression'

Charlie: "Oh not much...just a little development or two. One of them involves this lil guy" 'Charlie says looking down at Ryker'

Vaggie: "What happened?" 'Vaggie asks hesitantly holding a finger out to Ryker'

Charlie: "As it turns out. Ryker can climb walls. And defy gravity apparently" 'Charlie says with a light chuckle'

Vaggie: "That's not ENTIERLY hard to believe. So what's the second part?" 'Vaggie asks as Ryker curiously looks at Vaggie's finger, leaning forward slightly'

Charlie: "Well....my parents may be coming for a visit soon" 'Charlie says causing Vaggie to go silent for a moment'

'The silence is broken by Ryker grabbing Vaggie's finger softly. A quiet rumble coming from him catching her attention'

'Vaggie blinks at Ryker momentarily, a small smile forming on her face over the small bit of progress'

*To Be Continued*