Chapter One-Preparing

'Time had begun to pass rather quickly at the hotel. Charlie's parents being due to visit in the next few days meant she and Vaggie were getting everything ready'

'Over the last few days Charlie had been making sure the hotel was as clean as possible while Vaggie decorated it. With the help of Nifty'

'Ryker had been following his pair of mothers around all day, curious as to what they were doing. Likley wanting to help if possible'

'While both Vaggie and Charlie were stressing out Ryker did his best to cheer them up, being able to sense their degrading mental fortitude'

'He would often either climb up next to them or on one of their shoulders when they started stressing too much, as if reminding them to take a break'

'At the moment however he is currently watching them dust off and steam clean the lounge area. However when the steam Cleaner would come to close to he him Ryker would jump to another surface. Avoiding it'

'Once they had decided to take a break and Charlie powered down the steam cleaner Ryker hopped back onto the ground, carefully crawling over to it'

'Once close enough Ryker gently taps the machine a few times, unsure of what it's going to do. After a few moments of no reaction Ryker jumps on top of and then upto the window sill next to it. Causing Charlie to jump slightly as the sudden movement'

Charlie: "What're you doing mister?" 'Charlie asks with a smile earning a curious hum from Ryker as he looks at her'

'Ryker then looks down to the steam cleaner. A look of realization crossing Charlie's face'

Charlie: "Oh! I'm sorry bud but I dont think there's all that much you could help with" 'Charlie says with a half hearted smile. Earning a dissapointed rumble from Ryker as he hangs his head'

Charlie: "Its okay! Everything's pretty much done anyway" 'Charlie says picking Ryker up'

Nifty: "Awe, if I had known he wanted to help I would've let him" 'Nifty says with a slightly dissapointed tone'

'Vaggie had gone to respond to Nifty only to find herself glancing at Charlie, a small smile crossing her face as she watches her partner talk to Ryker. Carefully holding him'

Charlie: "You okay Vaggie? You're kinda spacing out" 'Charlie says with a confused tone as she turns to Vaggie'

Vaggie: "Yeah...you're just a really good mom" 'Vaggie says as she steps forward taking Ryker from Charlie'

Vaggie: "But I guess that makes two of us!" 'Vaggie says earning a up-beat hum from Ryker, a rather happy look crossing his face'

Charlie: "Of course you are I knew you would be. And someone seems to agree" 'Charlie says poking Ryker's nose, earning a low hum from him before he narrows his eyes at Charlie'

Charlie: "Who're you glaring at?" 'Charlie asks with a chuckle, placing her hands onto her hips'

'Ryker simply shakes his head before leaping away from Vaggie, proceeding to climb up the wall, laying down on the ceiling'

Vaggie: "Aww I was enjoying that" 'Vaggie says in mock disappointment hanging her head'

'However Ryker then lands on Vaggie's shoulder causing her to stagger slightly as Ryker steadies himself'

Vaggie: "Why hello!" 'Vaggie says with a surpised chuckle, her eyes wide'

'Ryker responds in a light hum, tilting his head as he does so'

Nifty: "What's he doing?" 'Nifty asks curiously, not understanding Ryker in the slightest'

Charlie: "Usually when he does that he is asking somthing. But I dont really know what it would be this time" 'Charlie says crossing her arms'

'Ryker then turns to Charlie, a confused rumble coming from him before Vaggie takes him from her shoulder, opting to carry him instead'

Vaggie: "Its a long shot, but maybe he's finally feeling hungry?" 'Vaggie suggests earning a more up beat hum from Ryker. Seeming to confirm her statement'

'Afterwards Charlie and Vaggie had taken Ryker into the kitchen, Vaggie having sat down with him in her lap while Charlie cooked'

Vaggie: "What are you making?" 'Vaggie asks curiously, breaking the silence'

Charlie: "Oh I'm just frying up some chicken, I figured maybe if he wont eat vegetables or Oatmeal he might eat meat" 'Charlie says looking from the pan Over to Vaggie'

'After Charlie had finished cooking the Chiken she places the piece of meat on a plate along with a fork and knife'

'Almost immediately when Charlie got close to the table Ryker's head perked up. A soft rumble coming from him as he sniffed the air'

'Once the plate was placed infront of them, Vaggie grabbed the fork and knife, cutting off a small peice of chicken, holding it infront of Ryker as he sniffed it'

Charlie: "I'm not quite sure how he would eat it, I mean he dosent have a-"

'Charlie was cut off by a glowing mouth opening on Ryker's face in the shape of a crack, an unsettling hum coming from it'

'However the sound was cut short by Ryker taking the bite of food into his mouth before innocently eating it, seeming to have bent the fork in the process'

'While Ryker happily Chews his food both Charlie and Vaggie sit in shock, having grown a little more pale from the surprisingly frightening experience'

'Noticing the pair's shocked state, Ryker let's out a soft hum snapping them out of it. Grabbing both of his mothers attention'

'A slightly guilty expression had crossed Rykers face having recognized he scared them, causing both Charlie and Vaggie to panic monetarily'

Vaggie: "Hey it's okay, you didnt do anything wrong" 'Vaggie says softly hugging Ryker'

Charlie: "Yeah besides mummy can be scary too! Watch" 'Charlie says catching Ryker's attention slightly'

'Charlie closes her eyes for a moment before she enters her more demonic form, her eyes changing into a yellow snake like iris with red sclera. Her teeth had grown sharp aswell as a pair of horns appearing ontop of her head'

'Ryker's eyes widen in surpise, a light sparkle visible in his glowing eyesockets'

Vaggie: "This is adorable" 'Vaggie says with a smile as she watches Charlie do her best to strike a "Scary pose"

*To Be Continued*