Chapter Two- Just Another Day

'Charlie found herself sitting at her desk, Ryker on her lap'

'Ryker had slept clear through the night in his crib, Charlie however had taken him with her when she woke up, figuring it would be better for him to wake up with someone around'

'Charlie had also brought his plush dragon with her, making sure it was nearby him'

'However she figured it would make little difference as Ryker seemed to know who was picking him up, even when he was asleep'

'When either Vaggie or Charlie pick him up while he sleeps he would let out a quiet hum before softly holding onto them. Usualy resting his head on them aswell'

'It was apparent he deeply trusted both Charlie and Vaggie. Yet they werent the only people in the hotel he trusted'

'He enjoyed being around Nifty, likley due to their similar height and energy levels. However the most peculiar relationship he had was with Angel'

'Ryker wasnt afraid of him by any standards, he just seemed more confused about what exactly Angel was. But he did enjoy the spider demon's company well enough'

'Charlie herself was quite surprised, if not thankful for Ryker's more passive personality'

'Vaggie hadnt known much about Hellspawn before she and Charlie adopted Ryker. However she had been reading up on them'

'From what she told Charlie they were extremely hostile creatures and very powerful ones at that'

'Each time they manifest they have adaptations to let them survive the things that have killed their predecessors'

'So its likley even god wouldn't know just how convoluted Ryker's strengths are, given how long a Hellspawn's life span could be'

'Yet both Charlie and Vaggie had high Hope's for their adoptive son, afterall while someone's nature can effect their growth. Nurture can have much more of an effect'

'As Charlie does her work Ryker let's out a light huff, shaking his head momentarily before covering his eyes, laying his head back down'

'With a soft smile Charlie reaches down, poking Ryker's forehead earning an annoyed rumble from him as he looks up, his tired and annoyed expression turning into a tired smile when he notices Charlie'

Charlie: "Hey bud, sleep well?" 'Charlie asks with a smile, earning a tired nod from Ryker as he rubs his eyes'

'After a moment Ryker's eyes widen looking around as he stands up, placing his hands onto the table'

'With a light chuckle Charlie picks up the plush dragon from the other side of the table, handing it to Ryker, earning a light cooing noise from him as he takes it from her'

Charlie: "I told you you'd have fun with grandma" 'Charlie says poking Ryker's nose. Earning a soft giggle from him as he rests his chin ontop of his new plushie'

'Ryker let's out a soft hum before jumping up onto Charlie's shoulder, doing his best to land softly'

Ryker: "What doin?" 'Ryker asks curiously, still holding his plushie against his chest'

Charlie: "I am doing some paper work. But you dont need to worry bout that" 'Charlie says with an amused smile'

Ryker: "I help?" 'Ryker asks curiously, tilting his head in the process'

Charlie: "Sorry bud, I dont think you can help with this" 'Charlie says softly, earning a dissapointed hum to come from Ryker'

Ryker: "Okie" 'Ryker says quietly, a downcast tone evident in his voice'

Ryker: "Mummy take breaks?" 'Ryker asks curiously, a hint if concern in his voice'

Charlie: "Yep!" 'Charlie says with a reassuring tone'

Ryker: "Good"

*To Be Continued*