Chapter One- No Tears

'Over the last two days Ryker's condition only seemed to grow worse, he had nearly become catatonic'

'Yet somehow he still managed to retain some form of consciousness throughout most of the ordeal'

'Both Vaggie and Charlie had been stressing out over their adoptive son's condition, despite his best attempts to show that he was infact. Just sick'

'However that wasnt the only thing going on throughout the past few days'

'Charlie had once again been put through the wringer by the citizens of hell, while she wasnt physically hurt, she certainly felt it mentally'

'The constant flow of negativity directed to her was definetly starting to get to her'

'Throughout the day she had been putting on her usual personality to ease not only Vaggie. But Ryker aswell'

'She had come to notice Ryker's almost psychic ability to tell when she was upset or stressed out'

'However despite her best efforts she had finally broken, having retreated to her  and Vaggie's room. Almost immediately breaking into a sobbing mess'

'Knowing Charlie well enough, Vaggie wasnt far behind Charlie when it came to finding her'

'Vaggie always hated seeing Charlie like this. She was born into a world where people like her arent welcome'

'Despite her best efforts. Vaggie seemed incapable of cheering her girlfriend up this time, only truly being able to provide some form of comfort for her'

'While this was all happening Ryker was laying in his Crib with the lights off and the door to his room shut'

'Despite these factors Ryker could still hear the commotion. Due to him being a Hellspawn most of his senses are much stronger than that of a normal person. Which certainly didnt help'

'After hearing Vaggie leave the room, likley to check on somthing Ryker let's out a huff, a brief burst of glowing Yellow steam being expelled from his nose'

'Ryker then struggles to get up into a crawling position, his strength mostly being gone still'

'Looking up at the makeshift lid of the crib, Ryker places his hands on it before standing onto his legs, a strained growl coming from him as he forces the lid open'

'Once the lid is open far enough Ryker slips his upper torso out of the Crib's lid, having to squirm slightly to get out fully'

'Once fully out of the crib Ryker fall's to the ground, rolling as he hits the carpeted floor, dazing him slightly'

'With a shake of his head Ryker manages to crawl over to the door, stopping at it as he realizes somthing'

'The handle is really high up. And he cant climb right now'

'Ryker looks around the room before noticing the shelf off to the side'

'Making his way over to the shelf, Ryker hops up onto the set of boxes stacked next to it before fully making his way on top of the shelf'

'Ryker Narrow's his eyes before backing up slightly, gathering as much of his strength as he could'

'After a moment Ryker Lange's towards the door with a surprising amount of strength, managing to grasp onto the door handle as he nears it'

'Once he pull's himself ontop of the door handle he let's out a breath of relief, turning to look at his legs'

'His legs had changed slightly, his lower legs and upper thighs had begun emitting a dull yellow glow, which may explain where the sudden burst of strength came from'

'With a determined look crossing Ryker's tired face he wrap's his tail around the door handle before attaching his feet and hands to the door itself'

'Inside Charlie and Vaggie's room, Charlie had ended up sitting against the head board of the bed, only now just managing to start regaining her resolve'

'Her makeup had begun to run from her crying, her eyes had gained a slightly red and puffy appearance to them aswell'

'However she was brought to confused silence as the door to Ryker's room clicked open'

'Moments later Ryker could be seen sticking his head through the gap, letting him pull open the door'

'Once inside Ryker notices Charlie's distressed state, letting out an alarmed beeping noise'

'Charlie was left quite literally speechless at the moment. Not only was she still mid break down, but now her son had somehow managed to open a the door to his room when he had been incapable of standing up mere hours ago'

'Once he climbs his way upto Charlie he places his hands on Charlie's arms, which had been wrapped around the pillow she had been hugging. Which is now crushed'

'Once Ryker bumps his head against Charlie's chin she finds her eyes begining to tear up again'

'Discarding the pillow she had been previously crushing she gently brings Ryker closer to herself, causing him to rest his chin on her shoulder'

'Feeling his sudden burst of strength begining to fade, Ryker let's out a quiet hum, leaning his head further into Charlie's'

Charlie: "I-Im okay sweetie" 'Charlie says softly. Earning another soft hum from Ryker as he tightens his grip on her'

'Charlie falls silent, knowing fully well despite his age that she cant fool Ryker'

'Shortly later Charlie begins humming softly, the same song she sang during her interview for the hotel. Only at a much slower speed'

'In the doorway Vaggie had been standing for a few minutes, only now being noticed by Charlie'

'While initially she had been confused as to how Ryker got out of his room. She decided to not press the details too hard. Watching the heart warming scene from the sidelines'

'However Ryker looks over to her letting out a loud hum, earning a slight smile from Charlie as she gestures for Vaggie to come over'

'Wanting to comfort Charlie, she complies sitting down on the bed next to Charlie'

*To Be Continued*