Chapter Two- A Big Heart

'Over the past few days Ryker had begun to grow more and more lethargic. He hardly wanted to move or do much of anything really'

'He had begun to miss both of his mother's, who have been very busy as of late, having to give Ryker to either angel dust or Nifty to babysit him'

'Anytime he would interact with them they would have to shoo him away in the nicest way they could so they could work. They obviously felt bad for doing so but it was clear that it had begun to effect Ryker'

'Ryker had begun to slink away from Charlie or Vaggie whenever they did try to interact with him, likley feeling like he was going to interrupt them'

'One key factor Charlie and Vaggie seemed to forget about Ryker was that even if he wasnt a normal hell spawn. He still was one'

'They had learned over the past eleven months that hell spawn were very family oriented, even if Ryker was more so than the average hell spawn'

'However Both Charlie and Vaggie realized this a tad bit too late, as Ryker had already adopted the instinct to leave them alone'

'So for today both of them had decided they were going to try and spend as much time as possible with him, to try and get things to go back to normal'

Charlie: "Come on sweetie, come to mommy!" 'Charlie says with a sweet smile, holding out her hands'

'Ryker stops in thought for a moment, seeming to second guess himself before he decides to move further backwards into the space under the couch'

'Charlie simply sighs in defeat, a somber expression crossing her face'

Charlie: "What did we do...." 'Charlie says in a whisper, having realized the mistake she and Vaggie had made'

Vaggie: "We forgot that our son isn't like normal children, which also means he needs different method's of Care" 'Vaggie says sitting down next to Charlie, an equally defeated look on her face'

Charlie: "I've tried everything, but he just refuses to come near me..." 'Charlie says with her voice beginning to shake'

'A look of realization crosses Vaggie's face as she turns to Charlie, noticing her girlfriend's sad state'

Vaggie: "Well...you didn't try everything" 'Vaggie  says catching Charlie's attention'

'As Ryker sits under the couch, his glow being rather dull, a guilty look on his face, his head perks up for a moment, believing he heard something' 

'Sure enough he did hear something, he was hearing crying. it was muffled but he very well knew what that sound was'

'One more key thing that Ryker was noticing was his telepathic abilities were flaring up, causing him to move himself into a crawling position' 

'Slowly but surely Ryker crawls out from under the couch, making sure to be as silent as possible. Once fully out from under the couch Ryker looks around inevitably finding Charlie sitting on the ground with her knee's pulled up to her chest'

'Not entirely being sure on what to do, Ryker crouches back down, momentarily moving back under the couch before he freezes, hearing Charlie's crying grow louder'

'As Charlie sits crying Ryker moves up to her, gently poking her leg earning no response from her'

'Ryker then quickly climbs up onto her legs, a soft rumble coming from him as he gently headbutts one of her arms'

'Earning no response a worried expression grow's on Ryker's face causing him to let out a distressed hum, gently prying Charlie's arms away from being crossed atop her knee's, finally getting her attention'

'Upon Charlie looking up at Ryker Charlie is visibly upset, but she doesn't seem to have been actually crying as her makeup is still in pristine condition'

'Lunging forward Charlie grabs Ryker pulling him into a hug, earning a startled rumble to come from him'

Charlie: "Gotcha!" 'Charlie says in victory as Vaggie leans around the corner, a light grin on her face'

'Upon sitting up fully Ryker looks at her as she smiles, his glow turning a dull orange as he rips himself free from her grasp, a frustrated rumble coming from him accompanied by a burst of orange smoke from his nose'

'It would seem Ryker realized that Charlie had been faking her crying just to get him to come out, but what neither of the parents had expected was for him to be so upset about it'

'As Ryker continues his non verbal berating, a stream of glowing orange tears starts to form on his face as he starts crying out of sheer frustration, earning a surprised look from both Charlie and Vaggie'

Charlie: "Hey, Hey, Hey. I'm sorry I wont do it again" 'Charlie says with guilt evident in her voice, picking Ryker up softly as Vaggie kneels down next to her'

'Slowly but surely Ryker's frustrated vocalizations devolve into a series of sobs, his glow turning back to its previously yellow state as he starts shaking, his sobbing growing worse causing Charlie to bring him into a hug'

Charlie: "I'm sorry sweetie, but I had to get you to come out some how" 'Charlie says softly as Ryker grips her tightly, a series of quiet hums coming from him in-between his labored breaths'

Charlie: "NO! of course not, we weren't upset with you, we were just busy" 'Charlie says in a slightly horrified tone, pulling Ryker back to look at him'

'Ryker looked heart broken to say the least, for nearly a week Ryker had been trying to avoid both Charlie and Vaggie thinking they were mad at him'

Vaggie: "Hun, even if we were mad at you we wouldn't just ignore you, you're our little man! you can always trust us" 'Vaggie says softly poking Ryker's nose'

'Much to Vaggie and Charlie's dismay this only seems cause Ryker to cry even more, even if he was quiet about it, it broke both Charlie and Vaggie's Heart seeing him like this'

Charlie: "Hey! your birthday is coming up! were going to make sure you have the best birthday ever!" 'Charlie says with a  bright smile, doing her best to cheer Ryker up'

'However Ryker doesn't seem to care much as he rests his head under Charlie's chin, letting out a soft hum'

*To Be Continued*