Chapter One- First Steps!

'A few days had passed and Ryker had once again returned to his usual antics. However somthing was different'

'Ryker had been stand up on his legs quite a bit. Only managing to keep his balance for a few moments before either falling forward or backwards depending on which way his head was pointed'

'Both Charlie and Vaggie had been busy most of the day. However at the moment Ryker was with Vaggie in the back room going over some left over paper work. Playing with a Rubik's cube Charlie had gotten him'

'Ryker was surprisingly smart for his age. Having already solved three sides of the colored cube in the two days he has had it'

'After a few grueling hours of Work Vaggie decides it was time for a break. Standing up and walking over to Ryker. Crouching down to her knee's'

Vaggie: "Allright buddy. Maybe this will help" 'Vaggie says gently taking Ryker's hands into her own. Pulling him upto his feet'

'Once Vaggie let's go Ryker wobbles slightly before falling forward. A loud *thump* noise coming from him as he hits the ground'

Vaggie: "I guess these must be pretty heavy huh?" 'Vaggie says gently poking one of Ryker's horns. Earning an annoyed rumble to come from him as he squints his eyes'

'Ryker shakes his head before forcing himself upto his feet, only for him to stumble backwards and fall back against a failing cabinet. Shaking it slightly'

'Before Vaggie has time to react a Flower pot that had been stored ontop of the cabinet falls down onto Ryker's head, getting stuck on his horns'

'Clearly panicking Vaggie rushes to Ryker's aid, lifting the flower pot of Ryker's head'

'However Vaggie's panic was quickly quelled. While Ryker had a visible glowing Yellow bruise on his forehead. He seemed more annoyed than anything. His eyes glowing a dim orange color'

Vaggie: "You'll get there eventually buddy" 'Vaggie says softly, picking Ryker as she does so'

'As Vaggie takes Ryker to the washroom to take care of his bruise his glow returns to its normal bright yellow'

'It always seemed to amaze Vaggie and Charlie how affectionate Ryker was, he seemed to prioritize his two mother's over most other things'

'There have been very few times where either were stressed out around him but when they were, Ryker seemed to make it his mission to improve their mood'

'While he wasnt mature in the slightest he was very perceptive. He quickly seemed to learn what things made the two happy'

'That being said however he still very much relied on them, not that they really minded him relying on them. The two of them rather enjoyed having a child'

'However Ryker did seem to get along with most of the others in the hotel aswell. Obviously he got along the best with Nifty, likley due to their simmilar sizes'

'Angel seemed to be really good with kids, much to Charlie and Vaggie's surprise. Although he didnt go out of his way to interact with Ryker very much'

'Husk was as indifferent as possible about the situation, however there were times where Ryker got a smile out of the drunkard over his usual high energy antics'

'Then there was Alastor, surprisingly he seemed rather wary of Ryker. However the two of them seemed to get along to some extent, as long as the two kept their distance from eachother'

'Once inside the bathroom Vaggie sits Ryker on the countertop, taking out a small bottle of antiseptic'

'After placing a small bit of antiseptic on a cotton ball Vaggie lightly dabs the cotton ball on Ryker's bruise. Causing him to tense up and shake his head from it stinging'

'Ryker then reaches upto his head trying to scratch the bruise, only for Vaggie to stop him by grabbing his hands'

Vaggie: "Touching it will only make it worse hun" 'Vaggie says warningly, earning a low grumble from Ryker'

'Eventually Vaggie had taken Ryker back to the back room, continuing her work, leaving him to his own devices'

'Instead of playing with his new toy Ryker found himself sitting in silence, before looking up at the cabinet infront of him, noticing his reflection'

'Ryker tilts his head as he grabs one of his horns curiously before a look of realization crosses her face'

'While Vaggie continues working Ryker forces himself to his feet stumbling slightly before gaining his balance'

'Pleased with his achievement Ryker let's out a loud but excited hum, catching Vaggie's attention'

'When Vaggie looks up her eyes widen as she places down her pen'

Vaggie: "Oh my god..." 'Vaggie says before turning towards Ryker fully, an excited look crossing her face'

Vaggie: "Come on! Walk to mommy!" 'Vaggie says getting off her chair, crouching down onto her knee's'

'Ryker looks at his feet with a light tilt of his head before carefully taking a step forward, using his arms to keep his balance'

'Slowly but surely Ryker inches his way over to Vaggie, losing his balance right infront of her, causing her to catch him'

Vaggie: "look at you! You did it!" 'Vaggie says with a wide smile, picking up Ryker, a clearly proud tone in her voice'

Vaggie: "We have to go show Charlie okay? This will make her day!" 'Vaggie says excitedly as she walks out of the room, Ryker in her arms'

*To Be Continued*