Chapter One- The Boy

'Within the Hotel's bar area Alastor and Charlie are sitting at a table, Charlie had become rather curious about the "Hell Spawn" as Alastor called it'

'Charlie had put the hell spawn back into its cradle, letting the infant sleep. While Vaggie was skeptical of it, Charlie didnt see any reason too'

Charlie: "So...what EXACTLY IS a hell spawn? All I know about them is the stories my dad told me when I was little." 'Charlie asks curiously, gaining Alastor's attention, his ever present smile widening slightly'

Alastor: "Well you see my dear, Hell Spawn are rather rare. I myself have only encountered one up untill now. They arent a mortal soul that is being punished, nor are they a being born in hell" 'Alastor explains, his radio static filtered voice having a tone of amusement to it'

Charlie: "Then how did it get here?" 'Charlie asks even more confused than before'

Alastor: "They are rare due to the fact that they manifest themselves into a form, usually they manifest around an adult however it would seem this one's parents left him behind" 'Alastor explains tapping his walking stick on the ground lightly'

Charlie: "That doesn't make much...se- Wait. Him? How do you know if it's a boy or girl?"

Alastor: "The horns dear, only Male's have horns like that. The female's have more ram like horns" 'Alastor says gesturing to his head, as if he had horns aswell'

Charlie: "W-Well...why did you say he was dangerous? He's just a baby!" 'Charlie asks clearly in a state of deep confusion'

Alastor: "Because they are dangerous my dear Charlotte. Even most infants are rather dangerous" 'Alastor says earning a low sigh from Charlie, she prefers to not be called her full name'

'Charlie sighs to herself crossing her arms, a clearly conflicted look crossing her face as she leans back in her chair'

Alastor: "However that does bring up the question" 'Alastor says catching Charlie's attention'

Alastor: "Why was he left behind?" 'Alastor says with his smile widening, the sound of a ticking clock coming from him'

Charlie: "Well....when I picked him up he seemed pretty tame" 'Charlie says with a thoughtful tone'

Alastor: "Precisely my dear! It is very rare for a Hell Spawn to be passive. They are considered "worthless" among their clan if they are" 'Alastor says before standing up'

Alastor: "Well I'm afraid I must cut this conversation short. I have some business to attend too" 'Alastor says twirling his walking stick before the lights flicker briefly and he disappears, sending a slightly frightened shiver down Charlie's spine'

'While she didnt particlularily enjoy his presence, Alastor certainly was helpful at times like this'

'However she couldn't help but feel he was wrong about this, the day was already almost over. And they hadnt figured out a single plan for the child'

'After a moment of deliberation Charlie stands up turning her head towards the cradle before quietly walking over to it'

'Charlie quietly lifts the cover of the Cradle open, a soft smile forming on her face when she see's the child sleeping'

'After a moment the child tenses up, his horns glowing once again as he starts to wake up. A soft high pitched rumble escaping from him as he sits up, shaking his head'

'The moment he notices Charlie his eyes widen, his eyesockets glowing brightly as he tilts his head'

'Charlie bounces on the fronts of her feet momentarily, her usual giddy nature taking over once more before she crouches down picking him up'

Charlie: "You arent as as Bad as Al' thinks you are, are you?" 'Charlie says as if asking the child. Holding him carefully'

Charlie: "I dont think you are" 'Charlie says softly. sitting down on the couch behind her'

'Once Charlie sits down she pokes the child's nose making a *Boop* sound as she does so'

'Much to her surprise the child then grabs her finger with his hands before pulling himself up out of a sitting position'

'As the child stands using Charlie's hand as a support he can only do what can be described as a smile. Even without a mouth it wasnt hard to tell'

'Charlie was used to being the odd ball of hell. Always making the best out of a bad situation, she was one of the few people who openly found things cute'

'And this current situation was absolutley adorable to her. Of course her dad had told her stories about Hell Spawn when she was little, but that was almost a hundred and fourty years ago. Most of them were bad anyway'

'And here she is with a baby Hell spawn standing on her lap. And rather ironically, it wasnt big nor was it scary like her father told her stories about'

'It was small. Smaller than a demon baby actually, yet it seemed to be much more developed physically. It almost looked helpless'

'Then it dawned on her, maybe it wasnt another Hell Spawn that left it on the doorstep, it was much more likley that a family who had tried to raise it just gave up'

'Charlie wasnt sure what she was supposed to do with a child, let alone a child from some sort of mythical hell species. But she didnt want to give him to an orphanage. It would feel right'

'A light knock at the door way catches Charlie's attention causing her to jump for a moment and look over to it'

'Vaggie had come to check on Charlie, while she didnt exactly trust that the hell spawn wouldnt hurt charlie, she also knows Charlie could handle herself'

Vaggie: "Hey, just thought I'd come check on you, it's getting late" 'Vaggie says softly as Charlie places the child in the cradle, softly closing the lid'

Charlie: "I'm allright, just trying to figure out what to do...." 'Charlie says with a reassuring smile'

Vaggie: "With the...Hell Spawn?" 'Vaggie asks, still not exactly thrilled with the name'

Charlie: "Yeah. I mean. We could hive him to an orphanage, but most of them arent exactly open for.....reputable reasons" 'Charlie says with a conflicted tone in her voice'

Vaggie: "I know hun....but would it be all that much better keeping it here?" 'Vaggie says to Charlie softly, earning a sigh from her'

Charlie: "I dont know....I mean, maybe it wouldnt be that bad for him? I mean I'm sure he'll get along with Nifty, and Al dosent seem too focused on him" 'Charlie says quietly, begining to think outloud'

Vaggie: "How do you know it's a boy?" 'Vaggie asks clearly confused'

Charlie: "Oh, Al said he was, apparently you can tell from the horns on his head" 'Charlie says with a chuckle before falling silent'

'Vaggie sighs to herself for a moment, collecting herself before turning to Charlie, a look of hesitation on her face'

Vaggie: "Look, if you think it's for the best...we can keep him here, but it's probably not going to be easy" 'Vaggie says causing a hopeful look to cross Charlie's face'

Charlie: "Is anything?" 'Charlie asks placing a hand on her hip'

*To Be Continued*