Chapter 32: Aoi's self monologue ~The Wallace House~

The only time that I ever fall in love was that time in another timeline, that time when I was in love with Angela. It was not good experiences. I disregard my own family, my own sister for that love. I lose a very important person for that love. In the end, only to find that the person I was in love with is not worth it.

That was my biggest regret. It makes me reluctant to experience it again. That's why... Somehow I kind of understand Mother feeling. It's still not right to pour all her hate to Kii, though. Especially when she herself is not innocence. She is not the victim either.

"You hate Kii because she looks like our mother, and you hate our mother because she agreed to marry Father. Mother, you are a noble. You know very well that she, our mother had no choice. The peace between the kingdoms was at stakes, of course, she agreed to marry a married man. Besides, being a second wife or even a third wife is common in this world. You are aware of that more than I do." I tell her.

We are sitting in our meeting room. The family was explaining to me that this whole time, Mother was lying to Father. She told Father that Kii is a shy person and doesn't like to be together with us. Kii doesn't like to go to a party with us, Kii also doesn't like to eat with us or joining any of our activity. Mother told Father that every time our family has a family activity, she always invites Kii to join, but Kii refuses. She makes Father believe that by leaving her alone, we show her that we care about her. What the heck?

After that time, when I told Father that Kii has been known that she wasn't Mother's daughter since she was young, Father finally confronts Mother. Father was really angry and even decide to divorce Mother.

When I was away from the house to save Kii, Mother had a tantrum. She makes Father angrier. She told them that why we even bother to find Kii, Kii is worthless and even if we manage to get her back, she won't have any value left on her anymore. 

Kii has been missing for days. Who knows what had happened to her. To her body. She might be has turned into prostitutes and no one will want her anymore. Our family should just disown her. Besides, Kii was nothing compared to Midori-Nee, our family will be okay as long as Midori-Nee here. We should take this as a chance to make Midori-Nee become Arzen's fiancee instead of Kii.

After that, she was jabbering about sending Kii away if she is found.

My Ether... A mother heart shouldn't be this cold. Even if Kii isn't her daughter, Kii never did anything bad to her. She has no reason to hate Kii.

I was livid when I heard that from Nii-sama, who looks very complicated. She is his mother, but I know he loves Kii too now. When your mother did the wrong thing, she still your mother. When your mother hurt the one you vow to protect... It must be really hard for Nii-sama.

It would be hard for me too if this happened in the past. Now though, I've lost Kii once and have decided that I will protect her at all cost. It is easier for me to decide where I stand on this matter.

Besides, I'm aware that Mother never loves me. She just wanted to make Kii feel alone, that's why she has been included me in her game of family. I was also a son of the woman she hates, after all. Like it or not, it was the truth. 

They told me about Midori-Nee who is actually Mother's daughter from her lover. The lover that has killed my mother.

Father has finally found the truth about the cause of my mother's death. It was not an accident. She was not attacked by monsters or bandits. It was this woman's lover that killed her.

The lover once comes to our house as a worker, in disguise to be able to see Midori-Nee and Mother. He saw my mother and fall in love with her beauty. He tried to seduces her but she was not interested. He even tried to force himself on her but also unsuccessful.