Chapter 16 : Rhuifen & Noah Interlude ~The girl I love~

Rhuifen POV

I was 11 years old the first time I met her. Her family is tasked to welcome us to their kingdom as delegation. We were here to strengthen our bond as an ally. It was just a social visit for the sake of appearance. They were our escort before we met the royal family the next day.

Her father, Prime Minister Duke Asagi Fern Wallace-sama and his wife Duchess Sakura Fern Wallace-sama decided to bring along their children for our companion. My esteemed Brother, the Crown Prince immediately take a liking to their eldest son Akai. Akai was my age but he was quite mature so he get along well with esteemed brother and I. My little brother and sisters the third prince and the first and second princess also immediately taken by Aoi, their youngest son.

Their first daughter never leave Akai's side and Aoi took the youngest anywhere he went. My little siblings were a handful though so sometimes Aoi would have hard time with them. Especially when the princess were involved. That make the youngest, Kii sometime spend her time alone.

At first I was paying attention to her because I worry she was lonely as Aoi was busy with my siblings. I felt guilty. As the years passed though, even when we (princes and princesses didn't need to come along for a visit anymore) I always came. We never talked much or spent time together. I usually spent my time in Akai's company and became good friend with him. But I liked to watch her.

At first she had this cold and mysterious aura around her. It was enchanting. As she got older, her expression got brighter. She would smile more when she was with Aoi. Only with Aoi though, she seem distant with her other siblings. I decided to study in this kingdom to show our trust in this kingdom. My personal reason was to get to know her.

I was patiently waiting for her to attend this Academy. I had many expectations of how she would react. Whether she would remember me or not. I already become a good friend with his brother, Akai and then also got closer to prince Arren. The three of us become close friends not long after we attended this school. I thought everything would went smoothly.

Then he comes.

Two years later he attended the Academy. The Crown Prince. Arren's little brother, Arzen A Fern Rhein. Kii's fiance.

I was heartbroken and regretted the fact that I never tried to get closer to her earlier. I knew the woman I love was already unreachable then. Yet my heart can't stop hoping that they were not really together because they want it. Hoping that I still have chance to steal her heart from Arzen.

It's funny how Prince Arzen never mind me and never know that I think of him as my rival.

Arzen has a very close relationship with Arren. It was quite opposite of what the rumours said about them. He will come to pester him here and then. Arren seems to fond of him as well. He will let him hang around us or will do what he wants him to do. I was worry it was because Arzen position as a crown prince but when I asked him about that, he gave this chilling fake smile and told me that I don't need to worry and that he was perfectly fine. That was proof that I need to know that he was really really love his little brother.

Frankly speaking they're rival. With only two Princes people will think that they are compete for the Crown. They're not.

I've been observing Arzen for 2 and half years now. I found that he doesn't likes to give speeches, he doesn't likes politic. He doesn't hate Arren. He is a rule breaker and carefree. Arzen doesn't seem to worry that he will lose to Arren.

Esteemed brother and I get along well but we never as close as them. I knew deep down my brother is worry that I will take over his title. It's endearing to see Arzen and Arren. Looking at Arzen, my jealousy of him keep filling up. Especially after Kii come to the Academy.