Chapter 30: Ace's Tale ~Ace and Arzen~

"Who are you?" I asked him again

"Who am I?" He raised his brows.

"That what I asked," I told him.

"You seem to be happy here. Why don't you stay here and give her to me too?" He asked.

"What?" what is this fellow talking about.

"You want to be here, right? With them." he pointed at where my brothers are. "So, just stay here. Live in this illusion." he continues.

"They're not an illusion!" I protested. 

"You should know as well as I do, that sometimes, what we have lost, can't be back," he said in sorrow.

"I know" I whisper.

"You said that you're going to protect her. You vow that you won't hurt her as I did. So, what are you doing now? Isn't it the time for you to let go of your guilt, Ace?. I'm sure they never hold grudges toward you" He said softly.

"I know" I whisper again. No, I don't know but I know. It's hard to explain. I don't know this man, yet I feel like I know him.

"Do you know that she was pregnant when she died the first time around?" He whispers with a really sad voice.

I snapped my wide eyes to him. Mouth gaped in surprise.

"She was. I found out after I did my own investigation. I guess she wanted to save the baby. Do you know that if her pregnancy was found out that time, she would be moved until she gives birth, after that she would have been executed? The baby either would be given to her family, given to the father, exiled or killed." his voice turns hoarse at every word.

"No..." I denied.

"With me, who had to marry that girl as its father and her family that never loved her, it was the best choice, in her conscience that time. I was a coward and always hesitate to step up. I knew that, but if I knew, only if I knew before she gone. I would have taken her away. I love her after all. Having a family with her would have been wonderful, don't you think?" he asked me with a tearful expression.

"Yeah, yeah. I have that dream as well." I told him. I don't know why I told him that or who was it that we were talking about. I just understand it. I know I understand it.

"Yet, you forgot about her" he complains.

"I don't think I forgot. I had this vision of a girl so many times. I knew she is my treasure, but every time I am about to call her, something always comes up. After that, I only able to recall her voice. Sweet and enchanting. Even if I am not able to remember how she looks, how she feels, I know she is precious to me" I explain.

"Of course, she is precious. She is different from other ladies. She doesn't need makeup to be pretty. She is able to stands by herself. Strong-willed. People say she is cold, but if you know her, she is the most caring person you will ever know" He recalls with a smile.

"I know, right. She is brave and never scared to face her problem. Her eyes when she was excited are beautiful. Shining with curiosity. Kii is... Ah..." I trailed. Kii, her name is Kii. My Kii.

"Do you remember her now? Your treasure?" he asked again.

"Yeah," I smiled faintly. "My treasure..." I close my eyes, her figures materialised in my mind. Her hair dancing by the wind, her smile is sweet, her eyes sparkling with vigour. 'Ace-kun, let's go on adventures!' her voice echoed.

I smiled to myself. "Yes, I remember her. My treasure. My precious, My Kii. My treasure is my fiancee whom I just proposed to, Kii Fern Wallace" I open my eyes and smiled at him.