Chapter 35

Heartfelt confessions and the sweet lies

I sat down on the bench as the surgery went on. I don't know what outcome it will be. But there are much of questions then answers. I felt a gentle hand on my shoulder. I saw Iris who was looking at me. "Iris, I don't know why is this all happening with us, with me, with you. And somehow, I feel responsible." I said.

"I love you, you know that don't you" She asked. I nodded; her love is only thing I am leaning onto now. It is keeping me upright. I linked my fingers through hers feeling her warmth right next to her. "I am sorry, I couldn't protect your sister Love, I should have been a little more careful about all this. She is hurt because of me, because my father have some strange grudge against me. And you all are just wind up in my issues because of my mistakes." I said.

"No, it is not, it is not true. Don't blame yourself for the workings of a mad man," She said looking into my eyes. "Iris, I have to go to Canada, my mother doesn't have a clue, but I cannot leave Ursula or you unprotected." I told her. "Go Samuel, do what you have to. She is your family too and I have Ezra, Lucian, David, Rosa, Landon, Mira, Damien and Leona. I think I would be safe." My heart doesn't want me to leave you like this, for you can be his next target. And then there is our Princess too.

"I think you better leave with Samuel too," I looked up and see Lucian looking at us. How much he did hear? I saw Leona too peeking from behind him. Don't tell me he managed to charm her too? So much like Lucian Night attracting the woman population like bees. "Leona, why don't you tell them what we just found out?" Lucian looked at her sharply.

"Ursula's Son, we might trace his location somewhere near your former home, in Ottawa. And I think Natasha is there with him." Great two toxic people makes the world toxic together. "Natasha, why am I not surprised even. She knew all along didn't she? Very well, but why Iris cannot stay by her sister's side?" I asked them. It is only logical she does when she is still in surgery and it had been hours since that light turned on.

"I am going with you, he is right, you need me for whatever reason Lucian thinks you do, I do to and for that same reason, I cannot leave you alone, forget about everything, just let's go and save your mother. You have always chosen us before you, now it is my turn." Iris said as I saw our fingers were still linked. 

"I have my jet ready whenever you wish to my driver will drop you off," I nodded. "And Serenity?" I asked. "Landon and his boy Ron is taking care of her. He is very fond of her new Cousin sister." I nodded picking my jacket and we walked towards the car.

The car dropped us to airport in record time and as Lucian promised the jet was ready for our service. Once I clarified it with the pilot, he took us in the air, "Go get changed your clothes are bloody, I am sure Lucian have some clothes in there." I said. 

"Your clothes are bloody too, come in" She pulled my hand and as soon as we are in that door, she hugged me tightly. Her body shook and she broke down completely into my arms.

Her strong face just crumpled. And now I can see the pain she was in. "Iris, baby don't cry please don't cry. I am here next to you am I not?" I asked. I now know why she decided to come with me. Because she needed to have her mind on something else rather than just her sister. "Iris I am very sorry I didn't just realize she is your family, the only one..." She placed a finger on my lips.

"Not the only one, Sam, do you not consider yourself as my family." She asked. "It was not my intention, I do consider you as my family Iris, you are my other half, my love, my life. I wasn't saying that, I was just telling you she is only one left from your life you had before me, I know that your mother died few years earlier." She looked away.