Chapter 34

An unprecedented baby shower

I was looking at Iris who was getting ready. Last night we decided that we will call our baby girl Serenity, Serenity Amber King. She is just that, serene and peaceful memory for us. Something that is untouched by our past.

 After last night, we have mended our differences and I think I am ready to accept whatever life is going to offer me, love and the family of my own that I deserve. And this time I hope I don't lose it for my own mistakes.

"I know that look Sam, you are not going to lose me" I looked at Iris, she was looking beautiful in her red floor length gown, who I am kidding she looks beautiful in everything. So, this was just a little family gathering, only us and few friends of Katie and David's some of them I know, some I don't. And then there is Landon and Leona, I hope so nothing goes wrong, for whenever we gather together something does goes wrong.

"Nothing will go wrong again, please don't think things like this" She said kissing on top of my head. I smile softly at her. She has the power to turn my world significantly brighter, and that too without even trying. Don't I love her. 

I do and I do love her too much for my own good. Sometimes I wonder even when we have hurt each other too much, even after everything, how it is that we come back to each other. It is like we are drawn to each other or something.

"Come on we are going to be late and then Katie will have your head off." Another thing is she wasn't bothered by how close I and Katie are. She doesn't care that I was her first, and that once we were in a relationship. "Don't you feel jealous of her?" I asked as we drove towards the designated place. "Frankly speaking, once I was, but not anymore. Instead I am grateful that she was there to take care of you when I couldn't."

I parked the car into their driveway. And then took out the stroller. So she can put Serenity in the stroller. "You have come prepared husband," She said. "When I took her out I always carried this with me. I mean when you were..." She placed a finger on my lips. "Say no more husband, that was in the past, and past shall remain in past." I nodded. She is right, past shall remain in past.

We walked in and everyone greeted us. I hugged my sister followed by Ezra and David. Then I pulled Landon into a hug. I saw someone was hiding behind him. "And who is this little young man?" I asked. He pushed the boy forward, "Ronin, say hello to your uncle" The boy looked at me and then looked down shyly.

"hmmm... that means you both made up and you kept my advice?" I asked Landon. "it's complicated but I am trying to make it simple and easy so that my family don't have to suffer because of my foolishness." Oh Landon, why you always blame yourself. "Did you meet your sister?" I asked. He looked down. So, he and Ronin, shares the same expression. Like father, like son, now I know where Ronin gets his shyness from.

"It can be the trait of the uncle, I know exactly how shy you were when we first met brother." I heard Rosa's voice. My words were supposed to be a thought, not something for her to hear. "Rosa, hey, I didn't saw you standing and listening to my silent thoughts." She laughed. 

"When you live with someone like Ezra, you get habituated about certain things including this. Now you wanted me to meet with someone?" She asked. I shied and moved back. "Rosa, you remember Landon?" Her eyes shifted towards him. Her eyes turned icy. Before she can say anything, I pulled her aside.

"How can you bring him here? Knowing what he did to you, to Iris? Iris, I can forgive, him I don't think I can." I looked at her. "Do you trust me Rosa?" I asked. "I do brother, I do because you are my brother" She pointed out. "He too is your brother, he too have suffered too much, he also was a victim of our father's cruel ways." I said. "I don't know, I don't trust him brother."