Chapter 26

Caution is the Key

I walked towards her room, it had been three days since that incident and I am still very much shaken from that event. I don't know why the thought of losing her and my child still gripping my mind. I haven't left her alone after that. I shifted all my work to my home, even the meetings will not keep me away. 

Not from her or my little princess. But what eating me up is why that massage whoever it was that was texting her either was just messing with me making me think that Iris was associated, or they didn't think I would notice the text.

Either way, caution is the key of my success here. I cannot just ignore the signs here. If there is a possibility even a slight bit then I have to act on it. I walked towards our room carrying a tray in my hand. I heard something. She was talking to someone in hushed tone.

"Look I know it is important, but have your ever think what it will do to him when he finds out?" She said. What? Who will find out what? "Look Ursula, I know you are my family, you are my sister, but still have you ever thought the same about me?" She asked. Why she is talking to the sea witch? Was it the same reason why they were meeting in the first place? Maybe so.

"You cannot say that, you know I do love him more than anything. I will do anything possible to make sure he is safe." Who is she talking about? "Samuel doesn't know yet, but I don't know if he begins to figure all this out already. He is after all a agile and clever businessman, nothing escapes his trained eyes" Is she actually praising me or insulting me? Why it feels like something I am not supposed to do?

"You know what he means to me. I fell for him first time I saw him there, with you, I was there too in that engagement party where he sat down on his knee singing that song. I wished someday it was me, I wished someone loved me that much someday, but my rotten luck, even when I am married to him, he is still do not love me like he did to you" 

But I never did loved Ursula, I just had this idea about loving her. But I never loved her like I love you and you still manage to hurt me again and again. Why you hurt me like this?

"I don't want to hurt anyone, not anymore please believe me, I never wanted to hurt anyone" She said. You have hurt me again and again. Why you are doing this? I love you Iris, I have always love you. I have never loved someone like that. I never love someone other than you, never Iris. Why you are hurting me?

"I will try my best Ursula, but I cannot promise anything to you at this point." She said. That is enough chit chat for now my darling, now you need to pay little attention to me too. I knocked and she as I suspected she quickly said goodbye to the sea witch. And that hurt me that whatever going on she isn't going to share, and that is something I really don't want to face again, betrayal of someone I love with all my heart and soul.

I opened the door to see, she was sitting up and smiling at me. If only... I tried to shove out the thought from my mind, but somehow I cannot. But still I gave her a smile. She is my wife after all, even if she does betrays me, I cannot leave her and my princess alone, because she is something that is innocent in this whole playoff. She shouldn't suffer because of her mother's action, I cannot do that. Her smile falter as soon as looked at my expression.

"What is bothering you love?" She asked reaching out for me. I placed the tray in front of her. "Here as you wanted, clam chowder, you were carving it haven't you?" I asked. She held my hand. 

" what is it Sam, you know you can share everything will me right?" so could you, but you chose not to do that, do you? "It's nothing, just some shipment that was about to come haven't arrived yet and that is why my London Project is in halt. I was thinking about going there, but not until I see my baby girl." I said.