Chapter 14

The Great thing we call Love

I sat down satisfied on my chair. Finally, one of the assets about this company that I control. Tomorrow I will return to states. It had been a week since I am away from home. Paris is a nice place, but unfortunately, I am not here for sightseeing. I am here for expanding. And expanding I will do. That is something I need to do.

My Phone rang and it was Katie. "Hey, how is everything going?" I asked. "According to plan. The infiltration is almost complete." Oh how sweet is to hear this. "I was waiting for this news. Thank you for doing this for now." I told her. "So, I was calling you for another thing." She said. "What is it?" I asked.

"You weren't here, so I met your wife and..." "Katie I told you not to approach her, didn't I?" I asked. "I know and I am sorry, but I couldn't help it. She looked so sad, and so much depressed. She didn't say a word, just stared into the horizon, I think something is very wrong with her." Katie said. "Yes, it is that is why she chose to ignore the love I gave her didn't she? And chose my father's side." "Sam please, it had been what almost three months, four? How long you are going to punish her this way?" Katie asked.

"I am not punishing her, She had to understand her actions will have consequences, and those will not always be something she will like." I told Katie. I heard the knock on my door. And I opened it to see Miss June in flesh. "Katie I got to go now, my client just arrived" I told her. "But I thought you were done with meetings for today" Katie asked. "No, I have a special appointment to keep. See you later when I get there ok?" With that I cut the call.

"Wife?" Daisy asked. "No, ex-girlfriend." I said. She let herself in and pulled me towards her by my collar. "Liar, she is not your ex, or in the list of your lovers. She is something else, something very special." How does she notice these things? "I am profiler remember?" Yes, how can I forget. "This is what we have so far on Mr. Prince." She showed me the file.

"That is not enough to put him behind the bars." I said. "No, but it is a start." She has a point. "I know I told you about getting together when you are in States but..." "This is fine Samuel. I can take what I am getting for now. So, what are you plans for today?" She asked. "Wine and dine, how about you? Are you up for it?" She smiled. "With you? I am up for anything Samuel"

Hmmm... she is going to regret this sentence later. "Let me get my coat." I told her. I heard my phone ring. I picked it up "King" "Sam, can we talk?" I heard her voice. We haven't talked in months. "No, I am busy right now." I said. "Sam..." "What is it tell me I have important meeting to attend." I said. "Sorry, I didn't wanted to bother you. I will not again. I am sorry Samuel." With that she kept the phone down. I wonder what that was about.

"Who was that?" Daisy asked. "no one important. Shall we procced?" I asked. She gave me a smile and took my arm as I walked out of the room. "So, where are you taking me?" She asked. "You wanted dinner didn't you?" I asked. "It was a date Mr. King, but I will take what I can get, you are keeping your promise to take me out to Paris though, that is something I like about you. Always keeping your promises." She said. "That is something you can say from your perspective but not everyone shares your opinion. But Miss June not everyone shares your vision." In fact, most of the people in my life doesn't share her vision.

"So, what you want to eat today?" I asked. "are you on the menu?" She joked. "Miss June, I am afraid I am off the menu beside I am a married man" I told her. "Didn't stopped you last time did it?" She asked. "No, it didn't and unless you are in for a joy ride, you would wish that I stop myself." She smiled drinking her wine. "Ooh, How I love the joyrides" I chuckled. "Order already" I said.

As I was watching her eat, I was wondering how Miss Morgan would have liked this. In fact she always wanted to come here, roam on the streets and then I wondered what she would be doing there alone. "Your face says it all Romeo, why don't you go and check on her? Rather than pretending to enjoy this date with me?" Daisy said. "Who? I am thinking about no one"