Chapter 16

Desperate measures

First thing I did was call my pilot and told him to got the plane ready. First, I need to secure my family and that means every single one of them. I can run my company from afar for few days. This blast wasn't normal and the text proves this. I have to go and take Iris with me. There is simply no other way or option left for me.

I saw Ezra and the others in my hospital room. "Lucian called us. That looks pretty bad." Ezra said. "Tell me something I don't know." I said. He laughed. Rosa hit him hard on the arm. "What? I was just trying to lighten up the mood." "My brother is hurt if you haven't noticed and Iris clearly is in shock." Rosa told him. "Sorry, I know it was inappropriate and insensitive thing to say"

"So, did you find out who did this?" Damien asked. "No, but sometimes you do not need any proof for this. You just know who is it, like I do." My sister held my hand looking confident as I was. "Father" both of us said at the same time. There is no doubt that he is behind all this, there can be no one else who can be this much cruel to wish this fate upon his own children. No one can do this but him. There is nothing that is impossible for him.

"So, what is the next part of the plan?" Lucian asked looking at me. All the women went home. I told them to took Iris with them. She was reluctant seeing my condition but I cannot let her harm herself in a time when she is pregnant. It is a time when you are supposed to be happy and healthy. Who am I to mess with that statement?

"Nothing, no plan. I want to keep Iris and others safe. Knowing my father can go to such lengths scares me to my core. Specially since Iris is pregnant, I cannot put her or baby at risk. If something does happen to them, I can never forgive myself. And that will be something bad in reality." I said. "So you are going to just give up? Let him win? He is not going to stop you know?" I know what he is capable of more than anyone.

But there is a hidden game plan no one knows about. Just three of us Katie, David and me and I cannot risk anyone else knowing the same, it will be disastrous and that is the last thing I want to happen to any of my family. No one should suffer because of me.

 I don't want to involve anyone of them. "Sometimes it is better to give up. Sometimes it is better not to fight, When someone you love almost die in front of your eyes, that is when you know how limited your time is actually."

Lucian looked at me and said "I understand. There is nothing more important than family, so what you want all of us to do?" he asked. "Why don't we all go on a vacation?" I suggested. "Where to?" Ezra asked. "How about Paris? I was thinking about taking Iris anyway. Why don't you all come? It is long since we all taken a vacation together and it will help Iris if all the girls come too. She will be comfortable knowing that she has company."

Ezra was quite taken aback by this. I know why I wasn't a quitter. But I know Lucian knew very well something is up. "Fine, we can use my house there and from there we can go someplace else? Some beach and sun doesn't sounds bad to me." Lucian said, 

"I will call my housekeeper and tell her to get the place ready" I nodded. I looked at Ezra and handed him a paper. He looked at me questioningly. "I will see you soon brother, make sure you make those travel arrangements well." I told Ezra and thankfully he didn't question.

At night I felt some movement around my hospital room. I opened my eyes to find a very unlikely person in my room. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "seeing how satisfactory is to see you here helpless, it warms my heart." I wanted to kill him but for some reason I cannot feel my arms or legs. "What have you done?" I asked.

 "Nothing that can you undo. You have tried to take away my son from me. I will take everything away one by one. Imagine waking up tomorrow and find out you cannot move your legs? How will it feel?"