Chapter 27

Darling of Mine

Iris looked at me with frightened eyes. "May I help you with the search baby? It will make it easier for you to destroy me from within. Not that you already did it twice now." I said. She stood up abruptly almost falling down but I held her.

 "Careful Love, or you hurt something much more precious to you then me." I said. She tried to move away but I held her tightly against me. She yelped, and I loosen my hold, enough to not hurt her, but not enough so she can run away.

"I...I was searching for..." "The Quotation file haven't you?" I asked. I gave her the file and said "Go, and give this to your sister, it is not like you can destroy me more than you already did my love." She looked down. 

"Why are you not looking at me now? Look at me, into my eyes, see what you have destroyed yourself Love. Look at me" I said. She looked up with her eyes filled with water, however this time it had next to no effect on me. She already destroyed the part where her tears had affected me badly.

But the part which loved her unconditionally? It was still there. Still there beating for her. Only for her. The betrayal hurt more than I have anticipated it to be. This hurts so much, so much. I cannot take this, not anymore. "Go Iris, do whatever you have to do. Even if I lose Couple of Million Dollars it will not hurt me, like it is hurting me now. Nothing can hurt me anymore than you did"

Her eyes watered. "Go Iris before I do something very drastic. I do not want to get it out of hand. Go please, please just leave me alone. Leave me alone" I whispered falling down on my feet. I cannot find a stable ground underneath me. It is like someone had sucked all the oxygen from my lungs, I cannot breathe anymore. I cannot take any step further. I can do nothing right.

I am lost, I am so lost, and the pain is so much to bear now. Too much to bear. I cannot look at her face, for every time I do, I see the face I love, with my everything. And then I see the face who had betrayed me again and again. What is so much important to her than I am? Why all that family is so hell bent on taking their revenge on me? What I ever did wrong to deserve this? What I ever did to deserve everyone's resentment? Why? Why me?

"Please leave" I said again. She stood there like a stone statue. Tears falling from her eyes. I looked up in her eyes. She was silent so silent. But tears dropped from her eyes. "I am sorry Sam" She whispered in a low voice. "I don't think you are sorry my love" I felt myself nearing a panic attack. All the time it was Katie who had helped me with these things, but now? No one is here with me. No one to help me with this.

I am so alone; I am so alone. I am once again on my own. Once again no one is here with me. No one, just me. Feels like I am back from where I started. I know now what my father wanted to do. He wanted to break e beyond repair, without hope and without dreams. And he succeeded in doing just that. But it was my own foolishness, my own foolishness that had laid me to this. I should have just kept my guard up.

"Sam, breathe please baby, please" I heard her melodic voice. Still I love that sweet voice of hers. I still love how her voice tickles my ears. There is nothing better than hearing her voice, nothing better than being in her arms. She is my own safe heaven. The woman I love, more than anything. More than myself. "That's right, just relax, just relax Love." I kept hearing her voice tickling my ears still. It is so soothing, so beautiful. My beautiful Iris, just like her name, she is beautiful.

"Iris, why did you hurt me this much?" I asked. "When I love you more than anything in this whole world?" I felt her hand wiping my tears. I didn't realize I was crying. "I never meant to hurt you My Love. Not before, not now." She said softly stroking my hairs. And it had relaxed me. "Why Iris? Why you do this to me again and again?" I asked her. "I am sorry Sam. I am very sorry." I heard her whisper.