Chapter 22

From Paris With Love

I looked at the busy streets of Paris. By this point my arm started to feel numb. "Drive faster please" I urged her. "I am trying my best; this isn't very convenient path to take. Sorry, but it is the fastest way around, and the busiest. Still I am trying" Leona said. And then her eyes darted on my arm. "You sure you don't need any help with that?" She asked. "I am fine just please, make sure I reach them in time"

All kind of bad thoughts graced my mind. And the anticipation and wait were killing me. Not knowing that they are unharmed... it is just too much for me. It was supposed to be a vacation, not another life-threatening situation. Not another place they have to hide and run for. Can I not have a break from all this ever? All I need is a quite and peaceful life with my family.

I saw his mansion approaching and all looked very quiet, too quiet for my liking. "Leona..."I said. "I know I feel it too King, I will check and then you enter ok?" I held her hand, "Why don't we both go in together?" I suggested.

 "You are hurt, no offense King, but you are a liability then you are a protection at this point." She does have a point. But still it was my family so I should be the one to protect them. "Please King, you are in no position to fight be wise just once in your life." She said.

I was torn between responsibility and my own safety. "Stay put Samuel, I promise I will not let any harm come to your wife or your child, trust me on this." With that said she cocked her gun and ran towards the mansion. I hope I am not doing anything wrong, because if I was, I couldn't forgive myself for anything.

I was getting anxious, it seem little too futile to stay here and wait for something to happen. But what could I have done in my present state anyway? It was hardly even matter where I am present now, my injuries were too grave to be doing any movement. As each minute passed my anxiousness grew stronger, and my patience grew thinner. I couldn't take it anymore. I took the gun from the dashboard and got out of the car.

As I made way towards the house the door opened and I hid from the view. Minutes latter someone touched me and I turned around to see Leona. "Where were you?" I asked. "I was getting worried sick." "Relax King I am in one piece no need to worry." She said. "I was not talking about you, I was talking about my family." She looked at me with raised eyebrows.

 "What is it with you? I am helping you and you are not even a bit concerned weather I live or die? Aren't you suppose to be the compassionate one?" She asked.

"Quit fooling around ok? Where are they?" I asked. "Safe and sound without a scratch, someone was just trying to spook you Love. Now where is my payment for my services? I want something shiny and deadly or you can just become my slave for one whole day and show me some good time" She said moving her fingers on my torso. Is she serious?

I saw someone looking at me from the balcony. It was Iris, and her eyes were looking at her, Leona. She was hurt I can say that. "Leona, I am a married man, how many times I have to say this? I don't exactly do that anymore. Think of something else" I told her. 

"Ok, King, I will come to you when I need a favour. Consider this business concluded, for now." She leaned placing her lips on mine. "Take care king, until we meet again." With that she drove off.

She is something, something very different. I walked towards the house knowing that now I have to do the damage control. I looked at their sullen faces. "You are alright, thank god, we heard the car you were in went up in flames." That was not all. But that is not something I want to discuss, right now I have a marriage to salvage. And that is something cannot wait. "Where is Iris?" I asked. "Cooped up in the room since she had heard the news crying" No, I don't want her to cry.