Chapter 15

Little Special Lady

I walked out of the kitchen with a bowl of soup in my hand. "Iris, you in their baby?" I asked. It had been three days since the incident. But she refuses to speak who did this to her and refuse to take the doctor's appointment I have fixed for her. Also, refuse to eat. I don't know what I am going to do now. I am running out of options.

"Iris" I called. I saw she was looking out of the window as always. Not uttering a single word. "Iris?" I called again. She looked at me with same blank look as always. And then turned around looking out of the window again. "Baby, come on eat something." I told her. She didn't respond. I placed the bowl on table.

And then took her hand in mine, and I took her to the couch making her sit down. She was looking down at the bowl. "Eat something. You cannot take your medicines if you don't." I told her softly. She didn't said a word again nor did she tried to touch the spoon or soup bowl. I took the spoon and blow over it before holding it in front of her face.

"Please eat, you need your strength." I told her. She took a little sip. And then few more, and then she held my hand stopping me. As soon as she did that she pulled her hand back. "What happened? You don't want to eat more? You barely ate anything" I said. She shook her head. "What happened baby, are you hurting? Where?" I asked.

She looked away not saying a word. This is frustrating how am I suppose to understand if she don't say something, or not let me get in? I saw her looking out of the window again and she was slowly caressing her abdomen. She is little chubby so if you don't look very closely you will not see the little bump. But the question remains is it mine?

Is it matters really? Even if it is not you are not going to abandon it

No, I am not. I am not that kind of person to abandon a baby just because it is not mine. I had an idea. I walked towards my room and pulled out the box I hid for all these years. I pulled it out and took out only thing I have of my childhood and of my mother.

I walked towards her and saw her sitting in the same position as before. I sat down beside her holding the handmade blanket. "See this? This is the blanket my mom made for me. When I was just a baby. It is the only thing that my father never found and destroyed. It is the only piece of innocence I have left. Only piece of my childhood I have with me that was untouched for so long"

I held it in front of her. "I want you to have this." I said. Holding it in front of her. She took it. "A present for my baby, though I don't know it is a boy or a girl yet, don't you want to know? Or see it?" She was touching the blanket rubbing her thumb over it. "It is a perfect gift for the little one don't you think?" I asked.

She again said nothing. But stood up almost wobbling and I held her before she fell down. She walked towards her closet and put it inside. "You want to get dressed? Shall I leave you to it?" I asked. She nodded. Finally, some response. I wonder how this will going to last. Most often days pass without her showing any kind of movement at all. And the guards I have fired them. Hiring some new from Ezra and Lucian's recommendation.

I walked out to give her some privacy. I didn't want her to feel trapped in her own house. That is the last thing I want her to feel. I was waiting for her to come out of the room. I wonder if she would agree for the visit. Maybe she will, maybe she will not. I don't know what she is thinking about. I just want her and her baby to be healthy. Because as I know, no person is born evil, and everyone deserve the chance of growing up in a loving environment. Some just don't have that chance sadly.

I saw her walking out on her still wobbly feet. I helped her. "here get your coat we don't want the baby to catch cold." I told her putting the coat around her. Then I helped her getting to the car and I drove towards the hospital. Same one where Katie had the appointment. Looks like she was more than happy to patch me up with her doctor.