Chapter 24

The shady sea witch

I was waiting for my dear wife, in my office, today was a sonogram had scheduled. And she is making me wait too much. I don't know if I can wait any longer and not pass out of the separation anxiety. These days it is getting particularly harder for me now. I cannot seem to function without her, but then her betrayal keeps me awake at night.

I wonder if I get this much dependent on her and then she pulls back the support then what? Then what? My lifeline will be cut. She had done this before. And she haven't thought about all the what ifs like I do. Now, I want to trust her with all my heart. But something about my father's words are just too much to ignore. And that is eating me up little by little.

Speaking of which I need to call Landon to see how his new position as the CEO of Prince Enterprises is going on. I know very well that Leona is now keeping a close eye on him. So that he will not do anything he shouldn't. And I trust Leona to keep him on his toes. But still as a good big brother I shall check on him anyway.

I called Landon and he picked up after few rings. "Samuel" He said his voice sounded pained. I know something was very wrong with him. "Landon? You sound sad is everything is alright?" I asked. "No, it is not." He told me. "Where are you, can we meet?" I asked. "Outside her house watching her and my little boy." Oh Landon, why don't you just tell her you want to be part of their lives?

"Landon why don't you talk to her?" I suggested. "I cannot. I just cannot, I cannot show her my face and demand her to let me be with my boy. Not after I accused her of cheating on me. I cannot, I just cannot." I shied. "Landon, listen to me very carefully, you were a victim of your father's schemes and you too got played, like I did. It wasn't your fault, it was his." I told him.

"Was it? Because from where I stand now, I had a choice of holding on to her, I believed my father when I should have believed her, she cried she begged, she begged on her knees for me to believe her, but I didn't I pushed her away, I broke her bad. And my little boy? He calls someone else his father. I think I am cursed Samuel, that is what happens when you have to bear your father's burden. I have no one to call my own now. No one" He whispered softly.

"But you have me, I am your big brother Landon, and you have a baby sister too, don't you want to meet her? And you niece? April?" I asked. "I don't think I deserve to, because I tried to harm them in the worst way possible. No one in the right mind will accept me." He is not right. 

Once they know what I know they sure will accept him as I do. "I have to go, they are coming out I don't want them to see me." With that said he cut the call.

I am worried about my brother. Now that his life had been turned upside down, I don't know how he is going to ever get out of the guilt. And if he couldn't then he might just destroy himself. I cannot let it happen and I know one person that can knock some sense into him. It is Leona. I dialed her number. "Hey King, you have forgotten all about me. Haven't you? How is the little girl of yours?" She asked.

"I am waiting to see her and the appointment is scheduled for three this afternoon. And I am waiting on my darling wife." I told her. "And looks like she has no intention of meeting you sooner than that King" She said. 

"Tell me Leona do you know something I should?" I asked. "And shouldn't, why don't you check your mail? I think your wife is keeping secrets and those secrets can ruin your family. I am sure that is the last thing you want to happen, don't you?" She cut the call.

I checked my mail and saw a picture in it. I downloaded the attachment. There she was my lovely Iris, with I cannot believe, how could she? She is with Ursula the sea witch? She knows better than be in contact with her, even when they are sisters, she knew that shady sea witch is up for no good.