Chapter 1

The Goodbye

It had been five whole months since she had left me. No, it is not right, she hasn't left me. I have pushed her away. She had broken everything I had in me. She had broken my already broken pieces. She had betrayed me and she didn't even deny it. If I haven't come home when I did, I might never saw it with my own eyes. My fiancee kissing another man in our home. No, she never felt home there.

"What are you doing Sam?" I heard my mother call. "Getting ready to help Aunt Anette what more? You can see me, can't you?" She shied taking hand in hers. I didn't mean to snap on her but as it feels like she had taken everything, every little happiness every good thing I had in me. "I didn't mean now; I mean what you are doing with your life Sam? It is like..."

"Don't mother, you know I hate that name. I hate that name and that face." She smiled. "I know, you do. But maybe you shouldn't. You are only hurting yourself thinking about her." I cannot forget her, no matter how much I want to because she is skin deep. She is embedded in my skin; nothing can take away the pain she gives. "Sam, I love you and I want to see you happy. Nothing else son. You should try to forgive her and be happy"

Try and forgive her? "Can you forgive father after all he did?" I asked her. "I have Son, I have found my happiness in that forgiveness, and that forgiveness can bring mental peace. Maybe you can do the same. Maybe this is your salvation." I don't want it; I want my revenge. I want to make her suffer. And for that I am ready to do anything and everything that is there to do.

"Mom, the Diner should open. I am going to see that it does." "Son, stop punishing yourself and stop thinking that you don't deserve to be happy" She said. I don't think so mother the whole world is against me being happy.

 "I know that look nino, don't think low about yourself. You are not like whatever you are thinking right now. You are better than that nino, you are better. I know you. I know what you are and I believe in what you can do." Not we all do mother. I believe that my broken self only can be repaired when my revenge will be satisfied. Not before that.

"You will destroy yourself this way, Sam and I cannot see that happen. I think you should return to your company, Katie and David cannot do it all by themselves they need you;your sister needs you besides her. Much more now, more than before. She is going through difficult time. Ezra cannot make her understand. You don't want her to think that you are not beside her, do you?" I don't want to abandon my friends and my family specially after she is given birth to her daughter. She needs me there. Specially after her premature delivery and her daughter being in coma. I need to be there for her.

"You are right mother; I know I have to be there for my baby sister." But the pain that place had caused me all those memories I am trying to hide and I am failing so far. "But you cannot because you think you are not ready isn't it so nino? "She stroked my hairs softly. 

"it's hurts too much Mumma, her betrayal hurts too much. I loved her Mumma, how can she do this to me? How can she be so heartless? She stomped all over my heart, torn it from my chest now all the left is a hole. I don't know what to do with it now. I am trying Mumma, but it so hard. I wonder if it is what you and Rosa felt when you got your heart broken for the first time." She looked at me lovingly.

"One time or more than once son, it is never easy. I know you are hurting now; time will heal this too. All you need to do now is let go of this all and start a fresh a new, maybe she wasn't your soul mate, Sam, you need to understand that before this destroys you from within. You need to give up this foolish quest for vengeance." 

 Oh no mother, I do not seek vengeance what I seek is way more destructive. I am going to make her do my bidding, no one else other than me will have her. Whether I get her for myself or no one gets her. She had to pay for how she had played me and what is better fitting then being my slave?