Chapter 9

A/N

Hey guys! exams are over! WOOOOO! time for chapter number nine! enjoy!!! xxxx

From: Mum
Hey sweetie! Where are you? We are waiting in the main area now, by the main airport cafe :) You know what I’m talking about! C u soon!
xx Mum.

“I cant do this.” I mutter to the boys as we all step off the plane, luckily they could come with me, management were happy that they had finished the tour with a bang and said they deserved a break.
Phew, now they can come and join me in the drama that is my life.
Yay.
“Yes you can Aria! They’re your parents, they won’t suddenly disown you because you are twenty, they’ll probably be happy because they wont have to pay your school fees anymore and stuff.” Says Niall, trying to cheer me up.
“Aww thanks, you know what, if this all goes down well, I’ll take you to the Nando’s that just opened in Dunedin as a treat.” I say to him and he grins.
“Sounds like a deal.” He replies.
Louis grabs hold of my hand as we walk down the corridor towards the main area of the airport and I tense up for a short second in shock until he squeezes my hand for reassurance.
Oh, thats sweet, he’s holding my hand to try and keep me calm. Little does he know that it’s sorta failing, because my heart is racing a hundred times faster now. Not saying that I don’t mind.
The corridor seems to take hours to walk down, although it’s probably only a few seconds, must be because of how much I’m dreading explaining this mess to my parents.
We are nearing the end of the corridor when I see them, my parents, in the main cafe casually sipping cups of coffee. How can they even be this calm, when they thought their daughter had gone missing the other day? Maybe this is some sort of punishment, you know the one, when your parents are too calm but you know they are just going to snap and give you a huge lecture at any second. Well at least I have five guys to help if that happens. No. Maybe having five guys around will make it worse.
This should be interesting.
We head into the main area and just stand there for a few seconds, before realizing we should probably do something.
“Uh, guys, how about you go and hide for a minute or something, you know, cause of fans and stuff, and I’ll try to talk to my parents. I’ll text you when I’m done.” I whisper to them as we stand in a concealed corner of the room.
“Aria, you don’t have any of our numbers.” Liam chuckles.
“Oh, uh, well...” I mumble.
“Here, give me your phone.” Liam says, and I grab it out of my pocket and pass it to him. A few seconds later he stops typing into it and hands it back to me.
“Thanks.” I reply, and give him a small smile.
“Good luck Aria.” Says Niall, and all five of them give me a hug.
“Ok, hopefully I’ll see you all soon.” I say, knotting my fingers together in nervousness about what I have to do. They all smile at me and head over to a small cafe in a different part of the airport.
I stand still for a few seconds, trying to calm myself, which doesn’t work, at all. I give up and begin to slowly walk over to them. They don’t look up, too engrossed in something in the news paper. Ok, take some deep breaths Aria. In, out, in, out.
“Uh, excuse me, miss, what are you doing?” my mum asks, looking up at me, where I am standing next to the table, breathing in and out.
Whoops.
“Ah, n-nothing. Hi.” I say, and give her a small smile.
“Hello, is there anything you would like?” she asks, and my dad looks up.
Oh my god, they don’t recognize me. Wow, this sucks.
“It-it’s me.” I stutter.
“Sorry sweetie, have we met before? Are you one of my customers?” mum asks and my jaw drops.
“No...” I mumble, shoving my hands inside my pockets.
“Ah, is that all?” my dad asks, talking for the first time.
“Yeah, I guess it is.” I mutter, then I turn around and stride off, over to some random tourist shop, just for something to do. I stare absentmindedly at the toy kiwis and sheep soft toys on one of the shelves, trying to look interested in them, but I’m just thinking about my parents. Why didn’t they recognize me? I don’t look that different, do I? This is great, just great, until I can find some way to get them to believe me, I’m going to have to live on the streets or something, yay, the boys are going to just love that-
“Aria, you ok?” someone asks, resting their hand on my shoulder, making me jump half a meter in the air.
“Oh, shoot! Sorry.” I mumble, rubbing my head, which I knocked on another shelf when jumping.
“No, I’m sorry, Aria, what happened?” they ask, pulling me into a hug in the middle of the store, and rubbing my head. I glance up and realize I’m hugging Liam, and all the other boys are standing around us.
“They, they didn’t recognize me.” I whisper, and a stray tear slips out of my eye and runs down my cheek.
“Oh.” Is all I hear Liam whisper and then I feel four more sets of arms wrap around me.
“Don’t worry Aria.” I hear, Harry-I think-whisper. Niall brings a hand up to my face and wipes the tear off it.
“Don’t cry Aria, lets go to Nando’s then everything will be better.” He says, and I let a small smile pass my lips.
“Ok then, but shouldn’t we get our bags first?” I ask, and they all nod.
Whilst the boys are getting their bags, I decide to text my parents.

To: Mum
Hey mum, sorry, I slept in and missed my flight, went to book another but the next flight I can get is in about two to three weeks! Sorry! I’ll keep in contact, but I’m fine and if you want to contact the friends I am staying with, here is the dads number. Ok, love you, xx

I insert Liam’s number into the text and then shove the phone back into my pocket.
“Who were you texting?” Zayn asks as the boys wheel their bags over to where I am standing at the doors to outside.
“My mum, oh and Liam, I gave her your number, so if you get a call from a number you don’t know, please pretend you are a dad.” I say and Liam’s eyes widen in shock.
Just then, his phone goes off. Wow, my mum is fast.
“Hello?” he says, in his best New Zealand accent, which isn’t too bad.
“Aha, yeah, my name is...er, Leonard, I’m Stacey’s dad, she knows Aria from when they went to school a few years back, but then we moved up here to Wellington. Mmm, hmm, no it’s fine, Aria’s great at the moment, Stacey is so happy to see her. No of course we don’t mind looking after Aria for a few more weeks, ok. Yup, see you, bye Mrs Ferguson.” Liam says, and then ends the call.
“Wow, impressive.” Louis says, and the rest of the boys congratulate him on a job well done. We are all to busy joking that we don’t notice the people coming up behind Louis.
“Ah, excuse me.” Says my mum, tapping Louis on the shoulder.
My eyes widen, wow, maybe they’ve come back for me, I guess they would be leaving the airport now, seeing as I’m ‘supposedly’ still in Wellington.
“Yeah?” Louis asks, looking quite surprised as well.
“We were wondering if you were a boy band that our daughter absolutely loves, called One Direction?” my mum asks.
“Yes, yes we are.” Louis says, smirking a little and the rest of the boys smile and give my parents a little wave.
I just stand there in shock. This is strange.
“Wow, you guys are in Dunedin, our poor daughter is in Wellington right now, but she just went to your concert a few days ago, and she loves you guys so much, I can’t believe she is missing out on seeing you guys here.” My mum says.
“Aww, thats a shame.” Niall says, his cheeks red, like he’s about to burst out laughing.
I flash him a ‘Don’t you dare’ look.
“Would you guys mind signing this for her? It was her birthday the other day and it would mean the word to her if you did.” My mum says, holding out a napkin.
“Of course!” They all say, over-enthusiastically, and I just cringe.
“Who should we sign it to?” Louis asks my parents.
“Our daughter is called Aria.” My mum says and Louis grins.
“Aria, thats a beautiful name.” He says, and I almost face-palm myself.
“Why thank you, you don’t know how much she would love to hear that, she loves all of you so much, especially Louis I’m pretty sure.” My mum says, and I’m almost about to die on the floor. Yay, Louis is going to love knowing that I used to fangirl over him.
Louis takes the napkin and signs ‘To Aria, you are such a babe, and you have such sweet parents. xx Louis’ and it only gets worse from there.
Zayn signs, ‘Oh Aria, if only you knew how amazing you are, btw thanks for using up all of my body-wash in the shower. x Zayn’
Harry signs, ‘Aria, you are a great kisser, ok, luv ya! xxxx Harry
Liam signs, ‘Hey Aria! Hope you are having a great day, you sound like an awesome chick, love Liam’
And Niall just signs. ‘Can we go to Nando’s now? I’m sorta hungry. xx Niall’ and he makes a huge point of showing it to me, before handing it back to my surprised parents.
“Do you guys always write stuff like that when you sign things?” asks my dad.
“Yeah, it’s more personal and fun, don’t you think?” replies Harry.
“I guess, you really sound like you know Aria from all the messages.” My mum says.
“We like to write things that make our fans laugh, it’s just what we do.” Harry says.
Just then my parents notice me.
“You’re the girl who came by our table before!” says my mum.
“Aha, yeah, ah, I just thought I knew you from somewhere, sorry.” I mumble.
“Who are you?” Asks my dad.
“She’s Louis’ girlfriend.” Says Zayn, like it’s the most normal thing in the world.
“Oh, wow, my daughter would be jealous! Aww, well have a nice day, all of you, enjoy your time in Dunedin.” My parents say, and I am on the verge of hiding in a cupboard from embarrassment again.
“Bye.” We all say, and my parents head out the sliding glass doors.
“Why do you guys always say I’m Louis girlfriend to people?!” I say, yelling a little.
All the boys chuckle, apart from Louis, who looks just as embarrassed as me.
“Just cause.” Niall replies. “Can we go to town now?”
“I guess, well, lets go get a rental car.” I mutter, picking up my bags, the boys following as I head out the door.
On the way over to the rental car Harry comes up to me and whispers in my ear.
“I think your good for Louis, he’s just been through a break up, but I think you are helping.” Harry says.
“I don’t think so, I think I’m just annoying him, anyway, he just broke up with Eleanor, like, two days ago, he probably thinks I’m annoying with all my problems.” I mutter.
“He actually broke up with her a month ago, the press only just found out, and they ended it on good terms, they are still friends, so don’t worry Aria.” Harry replies.
“Harry, seriously, stop being so nice. I heard you two talking about me the other day, I asked Louis about it, be he said it had nothing to do with me, but I know it did, I’m bringing him down, aren’t I.” I ask.
“No, you aren’t, you really want to know what he was talking about yesterday?” Harry asks, and I give him a small nod. All the other boys are up ahead, choosing which car they want to rent.
“He was asking me if it was right to like someone that he had only known for a morning, at the time. And you and I both know what kind of ‘like’ he was talking about.” Harry says, and my eyes widen.
“Really?” I ask.
“Mmm, hmm, as real as my hair is curly.” Harry says, trying to lighten the conversation and I chuckle a little.
“Well your hair is pretty curly...” I mutter, and Harry grins.
“Go get him, Aria.” Harry says to me and I give him a grateful smile.
“Thanks Harry, I’ll try.” I reply and he gives me a hug.
“Oi! You two, stop hugging and get in the car!” Niall yells, laughing a little, making Harry and I race over to the vehicle and hop in. I end up in the back, conveniently seated in between Harry, and Niall, whilst Louis is in the drivers seat.
I tell Louis where we need to go to and once he’s set up the navigation system, we’re off.
“Oh! Turn up the radio please Li!” I ask Liam who is sitting in the front with Louis. He puts the volume up and the adorable voice of Taylor Swift blasts through the speakers.
“What song is this?” Liam asks.
“It’s off Red, it’s called 22!” I say, humming along.
“But I’m going to change the lyrics, oh and only Lou and I can sing it, because the rest of you are teenagers!” I laugh. Louis seems to get the lyric change I’m getting at and we both sing in time to the chorus whilst the other boys laugh.
“I DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I’M FEELING TWENTY TOO!” we sing/yell, nice play on words Aria! Now the song is about being twenty instead! Yay!
When that song is over I being to sing along to the next song, by my absolute favorite singer/band, Marina And The Diamonds.
“Rule number one, is that you’ve gotta have fun, but baby when your done, you’ve gotta be the first to run.” I sing and all the boys look at me.
“What is this song about?” asks Harry, but I ssh him and sing the next part.
“Rule number two, just don’t get attached to, somebody you could loose, so l-let me tell you...” I sing, “This is how to be a heartbreaker!”
The boys laugh as I continue to sing and when the song is over I get a round of applause.
“Nope. Stop. And don’t you dare tell me that I’m a good singer and should be your opening act for your next tour, because that is way to cliché!” I interrupt, and the boys crack up laughing.
“Fine! Is this another thing you’ve gotten from reading fanfic’s?” Niall asks and I nod.
“What? I liked reading them! There are some really good ones!” I protest and they all raise their eyebrows at me.
“I know you read them too!” I say.
“I’ve read a few, it’s a little strange reading about yourself. Some fans’ imaginations can be a little out of control!” Liam says and all the boys chuckle.
Hmmm, I’m guessing they’ve read a few of the more er... ‘older’ fanfics.
By now we are nearing the city and the boys all begin to look out the windows at the scenery. Louis is still keeping an eye on the road though, as well as the navigation system so he can find Nando’s.
“You like it? Yeah Dunedin is a little small compared to London, but I like living here.” I say and all the boys smile at me.
“It’s cute, you’ll have to show us around tomorrow.” Says Zayn and I nod in agreement.
“We can go to the beach, and the gardens and stuff.” I say.
Just then Louis pulls the rental car up into a park and we all hop out and walk the few meters to the front of Nando’s.
“Let’s get some food!” Niall says and we all head inside the restaurant.
Now I just have to hope that there are no fans in Nando’s right now.
Because like, no One Direction fans would be at Nando’s a few days after their concert, on the weekend at the busiest time...
Oh, who am I kidding.

A/N

ohhh, time to head back home :D ok, hope you guys all enjoyed it!!! please tell me what you think will happen, and what you want to happen next! :D

hope you are having an awesome day, love you all!

now go pet a llama! xxxx

:D

vote/comment/fan too - if you want! :D

mwah! xxxxxxxxx