Chapter 18

Hey guys!!! Sorry I didn't upload yesterday but it was Christmas!! And I went to the beach and had fun! And accidentally stood on a jellyfish! :O luckily I didn't stand on the tentacles it it was a clear one and it looked like a shiny rock so I was curious.... You should have heard me when I stood on it... Ok maybe not... :) so how we're all your days?! Thanks for reaching the comments and votes! Whoop oh and the winner of the closest guess will be announced in chapter 21.... You guys were good! Xx ok enjoy! I'm gonna go Boxing Day shopping now! Xx

20th of November, one day before the concert.

"What? They're sending you to the One Direction concert and getting you to interview them?" Mia gasps as I pour out my story to her over the phone.

"Yup. So I guess I am going to the concert now." I reply.

"Wow, thats going to be awkward. For them, not you! You have nothing to feel bad about Aria! They're the ones who wouldn't talk to you!" Mia says and I smile.

"I guess, I'm up in the front row so I'm not going to be hard to miss." I reply.

"Hey, Aira, I have a great idea." Mia gasps, sounding like she's had an epiphany on the other end of the phone.

"Yeah, what is it?" I ask her.

"Ok, I wanted it to be a surprise, but I've just landed in Auckland!" she says.

"Really? Oh my gosh! Come stay at my place! So was that your plan? Cause it didn't really sound like one." I reply.

"I'd love to stay! But no, thats not the plan! I'll be right over to explain everything to you!" Mia chuckles.

"Ok! I'll see you in a few! I can't wait to hear what this plan is." I say, and end the call, placing my phone on my kitchen counter.

I was loving my apartment, it was awesome, with high ceilings, comfy couches, a spa, and more, what else could a girl want?

I head over and flop onto one of my black leather couches switching on the plasma t.v on the wall. I flick through a few channels and settle on watching One Day, on the movie channel.

About halfway through the movie my apartment doorbell rings and I fling open the door to find Mia grinning at me, her light wavy brown hair pulled up into a loose bun, wearing a light green sundress and black cardigan with a pair of black stilettos.

"ARIA!" she squeals, engulfing me in a huge hug.

"MIA!" I squeal back, happy to see my best friend, who I hadn't seen in person since her visit in June.

"Come on in!" I say as she strides inside, her heels clicking against my light wooden floor.

"Ahh, I missed this place so much! The last time I stayed here was when you had just moved in!" Mia sighs, leaving her suitcase by the door as she takes a seat on one of the barstools up against the kitchen counter.

"Yeah, that was fun! So hows your degree going?" I ask her, putting the jug on.

"Great! Only one more year of study after this one! And then I'm out!" she chuckles.

"Good for you!" I reply happily, making two cups of coffee.

"And how are you? Miss deputy editor for one of the hottest teen magazines ever?" Mia asks.

"Great! I'm doing what I love!" I reply.

"And getting a lot of cash too!" Mia adds, looking around my lounge.

"I guess you can say that!" I laugh, and hand her a coffee.

"Oh, thanks! You're such a sweetie Aria!" Mia says gratefully, taking a sip as I sit down in the barstool next to her.