Chapter thirty four

Lena POV

I screamed as Alan slowly dragged the blade down my thigh. Pain was an understatement. I was in total agony.

"That's right baby. Scream for me." Alan laughed.

He moved the knife to my throat.

"It'll be fun to watch you bleed to death from the cut in your throat." He said.

I don't know what came over me. Maybe it was my survival instinct finally giving me strength. Or maybe it was the fact that I just remembered it wasn't just me he was going to kill, but my baby too.

No.

I leaned forward and bit Alan's lip, as that was the closest thing to me. I bit down as hard as possible, and a moment later I felt blood in my mouth.

"Ah!" He shouted. He jerked away.

I began to thrash. The flimsy rope began to tear. It finally came loose around my ankles and Alan came at me again. I lifted my heel and kicked him as hard as as I could in between his legs. He fell down with a shout, and I'd bought myself some more time. Taking advantage of it, I pushed the chair back against the wall, scraping the ropes that bound my wrists against it. It finally gave and I was free.

"Well done." Alan said.

I whirled, backing against the wall with my heart pounding so hard I was sure he could hear it.

"Did you really think I'd let you go?" He asked. His lip was bleeding pretty badly, and there was a maniacal smile on his face.

"Because I'll never lose you again." He said.

I spotted the knife on the floor. God. I couldn't kill a man, could I?

I suddenly realized my hand was placed over my stomach.

I would have to.

I moved as quickly as I could, ducking under his arm and diving for the knife. He caught my ankle, dragging me back, and I turned on him and stabbed him in the leg. He hissed in pain and I took the opportunity to snatch my ankle free.

As soon as I stood up, I turned to stab Alan in the back. But I paused. No. He was distracted, I had to run.

I ran.

I shot out the door and crashed into a bucket of water.

Did he plan to drown me?

The thought came and went like water vapor. Because the water splashed onto a cord, and it began to spark. I screamed as they caught onto the wall and set it aflame.

I stood there, frozen in fear, and watched as the fire spread up the wall, to the roof, and around the room.

Then the flames licked out and burned my arm.

I screamed and ran for it. I was almost out of the place, which was now fully ablaze, when I stopped.

Harry.

I knew Alan said Harry was gone. But I wouldn't believe that.

I ran through the warehouse, calling for him. I held on to the knife, in case Alan caught me.

"Harry!" I screamed. "Harry where are you?!"

There was no answer, but I didn't give up.

I would never give up.

Liam's POV

We were speeding down the highway towards the address Lottie gave us. But I saw the flames already.

"Liam hurry." Ashton pressed.

I pressed my foot harder on the gas, for once agreeing with him.

"Don't kill us." Michael warned.

"Fuck off asshole." Louis hissed.

I finally made it there. I threw the door open and launched myself out of the car, looking at the warehouse. It was totally engulfed in flames.

"Harry!" I heard someone scream.

Lena.

"Lena!" I shouted.

"Harry?!"

I took off running.

I knew it was stupid, but I didn't care. That was my sister in there. I was going after her.

Lena's POV

"Harry?!" I called. "Harry!"

Where was he?

"Lena!" Someone shouted.

I whirled. "Harry?" I called.

"Lena! Love, it's Liam. Where are you sweetheart?!" He called.

Liam? He was here? Did he plan to take me out of here?

No. I wasn't leaving without Harry.

"Harry!" I screamed.

"Lena, we can find Harry later. We've got to get you out of here!" Liam shouted.

"No! I won't leave without him!" I yelled.

I felt his hands on my arms. "Lena I have to get you out of here." He said.

"No!" I screamed.

"Lena I'm sorry." He whispered in my ear.

He lifted me up and carried me out of the warehouse.

"Harry! No! Liam put me down! Let me go!" I shrieked.

He dragged me out of the place and I thrashed.

"No please." I sobbed.

"Lena!" Someone shouted.

I ignored him and thrashed against Liam. But he was stronger than Alan.

"Harry!" I sobbed.

Liam's POV

It was safe to see Lena had lost all sense. She thrashed against me, screaming for Harry and sobbing. I felt bad, but I wasn't leaving her in there to burn.

"Harry," she sobbed, still throwing her weight against me.

Suddenly the worst thing happened.

The roof caved in.

Lena screamed and went limp in my arms. I felt tears in my own eyes.

Harry was dead.