Chapter one

"So, I'm thinking this would look best for the concert tonight." Kathryn said, holding up at black and red dress.

"Not edgy enough." I said, leaning back into my chair.

Rolling her eyes, my best friend hung the dress up and pulled out another.

"This one?" she asked.

"Liam would kill me." I said.

"You're impossible!" she exclaimed, throwing the dress back onto the rack.

Laughing, I stood up and carefully leafed through the endless amount of clothes.

One shirt particularly caught my eye.

I held it up for Kathryn. "Look at this." I said.

She looked at it, sizing it up. It was a skintight, backless, lacy black shirt that ended just above my belly button. The neckline dropped, but not too far.

"Your brother wouldn't like it." She said. "But Harry wouldn't mind at all."

I rolled my eyes. My brother was Liam Payne. He was completely overprotective most of the time, but I couldn't say I minded. He took care of me. I couldn't ask for more.

Harry Styles was my boyfriend. If it was possible, he was even more protective than Liam. He loved me, and I loved him, and we'd been together for almost seven months now.

"Harry wouldn't mind until he figured out that I wouldn't be wearing it for him." I said.

Kathryn laughed. "That's true." She said. "But hey, Louis would like it."

Louis Tomlinson was like another brother to me. Although most people called him my husband, since he'd told everyone we were married when I first came to live with Liam about a year ago. He never seemed to mind what I wore on stage, although you could never tell with him.

"Louis is crazy." I told Kathryn.

"True." she agreed.

My phone rang. Niall was calling me. He was like another brother, but he was so childish I was often referred to as his mother. And, like people used to call Liam Daddy Direction, fans had begun to call me Mommy Direction.

"Hello?"

"Lena, find any clothes yet?" he asked.

"Um, not yet.Why?" I asked.

"Just wondering. Text when you're on the way." He said, hanging up quickly.

"Well, that was just weird." I said.

"What was?" kat asked.

I repeated the conversation to her.

"Weird." She said.

Then she shrugged. "Are you going to get the shirt?" she asked.

"Probably. If I can find something to wear with it." I said.

"Sweet. Hey, text Zayn and ask him what he thinks." she said.

"About?"

"Getting a skirt or pants."

I sighed. Kathryn was typically absentminded. She'd ask an opinion on something without even telling you what it was until you asked. And when you did, she'd fail to realize and say it like it was obvious.

But I pulled out my phone and texted Zayn anyway. Zayn was like my best friend. Next to Kathryn, he was the only person who I could say literally anything to and I knew he'd never judge me. And after I moved to London with my brother, he'd been all I had. Until Kathryn came to live with me here in London to be my entourage.

Oh, did I mention I was famous too?

Seven months ago, Simon Cowell, One Direction's manager, came to me. Liam had been shot outside a hotel, and was unable to perform the next few concerts of the tour. As his sister, I replaced him in the Sydney, Paris, Rome, and Calgary shows. I was more of a hit onstage than he expected, and he asked me to do a solo career. But, in order to keep from being known as Liam Payne's baby sister instead of Lena Cooper, Simon had arranged for me to have a stage name. That name?

Stacy Kelley.

Stacy had blonde hair with blue streaks, dark blue eyes, and she likes to dress a little risqué.

I, on the other hand, had black hair, light brown eyes like Liam's-some of the time-, and dressed like a normal person.

I said some of the time because one of my eyes change color. That's one thing Stacy has that I wish I could-normal eye color.

When I moved to London, fans wanted an interview with One D and their new sister. The next day, I answered questions regarding what happened and how Liam and I had been separated as kids. After the interview, Harry took me out to see London. We got home late, and Liam flipped out. We got into a fight, and I ran.

Later on, I got hit by a car. I suffered a head injury and a broken femur. Doctors aren't completely sure what happened, but my head injury fucked up my eye, and now it changed color. My now ex boyfriend Alan Graham had always bullied me about it. He was an asshole.

After One Direction ended their tour, Simon got me a gig at a radio show they had an interview on. My connection with them was explained by my fake friendship with Louis' sister Lottie.

Well, at the time it had been fake. Lottie was my other entourage member. Now, we were pretty close.

The song I sang, Money, had been a big hit. I got another gig to sing it on another radio show a week later, and then stations all over the UK were playing it. After that, Simon called and said the single had gone virile in America as well.

After that I got more interviews,and more and more exposure. Then, I got to perform at the Brit Awards, where I sang Money, and I got rewarded with thousands of people screaming for me.

After that Simon said it was time to get a new song. I got into the studio and recorded another song, this one called Broken Music Box, which actually topped the charts, and then was asked to perform it at the Billboard Music Awards.

I was also nominated for New Artist of the Year, which I won, and people went crazy when I performed.

I was now about to release my next song, Take Me, and my first album, which was called Broken Music Box.

I had a performance tomorrow night actually, which was where I'd be releasing the new song.

My phone dinged. zayn had texted back. he liked the shirt.

Kathryn pulled out miniskirt.

"Good?" she asked. I stared at it. "Bad? Terrible?"

I smiled. "Perfect."