Chapter twenty seven

Lena's POV

Harry held my gaze for what felt like forever before Ashton caught my attention.

"Angel, what do you want?" He asked.

I looked at the table full of alcoholic drinks lined up. There was all different kinds, flavors, and mixtures. For some reason, none of them looked appealing.

"Angel?" Ashton asked.

"I'm thinking." I said.

There was something telling me not to pick one. Not to drink any alcohol. Maybe I just had a feeling all of the boys would get wasted and i would have to drive home.

"You guys just go ahead. I'll be the designated driver." I finally said.

"Suit yourself." Calum said, grabbing a beer.

Ashton got his own drink and luke leaned down into my ear. "Who are you and what have you done with Lena?" He asked.

I smiled. "I'm fine, Lukey." I promised.

"Angel, dance with me." Ashton prodded.

"Come on then." I said, and let him pull me on the dance floor.

Nialls POV

"Kathryn, come dance with me." I said, grabbing her hand.

"Let me get a drink first." She said.

I let her go and moved to find an open spot on the floor. That's when a familiar laugh cut through the music.

I looked and saw Lena, dancing with Ashton. So it was true. She was dating him now.

It had been so long since I'd seen her, I felt my heart tug a little. Although I'd called her my "mum", Lena had always been like a little sister to me. When she'd left i had been upset. And seeing her now was not helping. How would Kathryn react?

Speak of the devil, my beautiful girlfriend was already on her way back.

"Niall!" She cried.

Lena's POV

"Niall!" Someone cried.

I knew that voice. My laughter died down as I turned. Kathryn was taking Niall's hand. Oh my god. My best friends. I'd missed them. I thought about going to talk to them, but Luke ran up and stole me from Ashton.

"I get to dance too!" He shouted.

Kathryn's POV

"I get to dance too!" Shouted an Australian voice.

I turned to see Luke Hemmings laughing and picking up a girl while carrying her away from Ashton Irwin.

"Put down my angel!" Ashton cried.

Luke just laughed and darted past us. Then I saw who he was carrying.

Lena.

My best friend.

*****

Liam's POV

"Someone should sing!" Sophia shouted from the stage. There were instruments set up, and ample amount of people to play them, but no one had touched them yet.

"Five Sauce!" Shouted Lottie. She was standing under Michael Clifford's arm. He looked down at her, clearly confused.

"Please?" She begged.

Luke appeared, with Ashton and Lena behind him. Calum appeared next to Lena.

"I don't mind singing." Luke said.