Chapter fifteen

Kathryn's POV

"Niall let me in." I said outside his door. It was hard to see the sweet blue eyed boy so heartbroken.

There was no answer.

"Niall! Please?" I begged.

Nothing.

I groaned and headed back towards my door when I ran into Liam.

"Kathryn, are you alright?" he asked.

"I'm fine. But I think Niall's upset." I said.

"He'll get over it." He said. "He always does."

I frowned. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"He never gets in too deep with a girl. He'll be fine." Liam told me.

Would he?

"Lena said she was going to talk to him." I said.

A strange look crossed Liam's face at the mention of his sister.

"Don't bring Lena into this." He said.

I stared at him. "What? Why?" I asked.

"She doesn't need to deal with this. Not after....you know. With her family." He said.

"Actually I don't know. And you don't either. None of us do. It's been six months since whatever happened happened, and none of us know what they did to her." I said.

"When she's ready to talk about it she will." Liam said.

"Well, that doesn't mean I can't have my best friend." I snapped.

Liam sighed and took me by the arm, leading me gently into his room.

"I know what happened." He said.

"What? You do?" I asked.

He glanced out into the hallway and then shut the door.

"Yes. But I can't tell you what happened." He said.

"Why? And how did you find out?" i asked.

"Because I'm not supposed to know. And I found out by....by my parents." Liam said.

"Your parents?"

He nodded. "You can't say a word to Lena. But they know something about it. And by what I figured out from them, I figured out what the Coopers did." He said.

"Liam you have to tell me. Please." I begged. I'd been worrying over this for who knows how long, and I needed to know.

Liam looked down, knowing this was a big secret.

"Kathryn, I don't know." He said.

"Please Liam. I won't tell Lena. I swear." I promised. I hated to keep secrets from her, but I needed to know.

Liam sighed. "Okay. So...here it is."

Harrys POV

"We have to go talk to him." Lena said.

"Lena, love. You can't fix everyone." I told her.

"I can try." She said.

I wrapped my arms around her. "Don't feel bad." I said.

Lena rubbed her face with her hands, something she did when she was stressed and fighting tears.

"Lena, baby, what is it?" I asked, worried.

"It's my fault. It's my fault Niall's upset." She said.

"Babe, don't do this to yourself. It's not your fault Kathryn kissed Liam." I said.

"But I told Niall to go talk to her!" she sobbed.

"Lena, love. I'm going to take you home. You're tired." I said. Being both Stacey and Lena must be exhausting her.

"Go home and deal with Niall looking at me while Kathryn makes out with my brother!?" she demanded.

"Shhh. We'll go home and go to bed. I'll lay with you. I'll even sing if you want me to." I said.

"But-"

"Shhh. Come on love."

I began to lead her towards the car when I heard a familiar voice across the parking lot.

"Harry! Lena! Hey mates!"

I turned and saw Calum coming towards us. Lena quickly wiped her few tears and smiled at him. "Hey, Calum. How are you?" she asked.

I wrapped an arm around her.

"Hello mate." I said.

"What are you guys doing out here?" Calum asked. He needed to stop eyeing my girlfriend.

"Oh, we just decided to have a date night. It's been awhile." Lena said.

"You seem upset." Calum frowned, glancing at me.

Never had I wanted to kick this guys ass. I did now.

"I'm fine. The movie was emotional." Lena lied. She was good at lying.

"Oh. Well, that's good. Listen, there's a party coming up. We haven't heard you sing a word since One D's last tour. Come and duet with Luke, yeah?" he asked.

Lena blushed a little bit at Luke's name.

"That sounds great. When's the party?" she asked.

"Next weekend. Of course you five are invited too. And bring your friends." Calum said.

"Will do. Thanks Calum." Lena said.

I nodded at him and we walked to the car after saying a quick goodbye. I opened Lena's door for her and watched Calum as he walked to his own car. Luke was standing by it. As I closed the door, I could barely hear Calum's voice.

"I saw Harry and Liam's sister." He said.

Luke met his eyes. "She's much more than Liam's sister. Have you heard that girl sing?" he asked.

I walked slowly to my side of the car, waiting to hear the end of the conversation.

"Yeah. I told her to come duet with you." Calum said.

Luke grinned. "That's not all I want to do with her." He said.

I angrily got into the car and slammed the door. I turned to Lena, full ready to tell her she was going nowhere near Luke Hemmings without me, when I saw she was already sound asleep in her seat.

I smiled and started for home.

(So this was a bit of an uneventful chapter. Sorry about that. Don't worry though, the drama is on the way. This was just kind of a filler chapter. Thanks so much for all the reads and votes and comments! I love reading them!

Question of the chapter: What should Harry do about Luke?

Thanks so much! Love you all!

-Amy)