Chapter fourteen

Nialls POV

I finally worked out how I was going to tell Kathryn how I felt about her.

Hey, Kathryn.

Not Kat. Not Kath. Kathryn.

I just want to tell you that ever since I saw you in that airport I have loved the way you looked. I love the way you talk and the way you handle yourself. You're so cute, and so smart. I can't help but like you. And I like you a lot. Will you please go out with me?

It had to work.

Right?

I paced back and forth in my room, considering what to do. Should I go for it? Lena thought so. And I'm sure if I asked someone else, they'd agree with her.

I decided to find out.

I dialed Zayns number and listen to it ring. "Niall, I'm literally down the hall. What is it?" He asked when he answered.

"Should I tell Kathryn I like her?" I asked.

"Do birds fly?" he asked.

What was with him and Lena and the sarcasm?

"I don't know. Is said bird a penguin? An ostrich?" I asked.

Zayn groaned. "Get your skinny arse in there and ask her out before I come kick it." He said.

I laughed as I hung up. But soon the levity was gone and I was nervous again. Now both Lena and Zayn thought I should do it. But they were best friends. Of course they would think alike. I needed a third opinion.

I called my brother Gregg.

"Niall! Hello mate!" he exclaimed.

"Hey, Gregg. I've got a question for you." I said.

"Shoot."

"There's this girl I like. She's Lena's best friend. Called Kathryn Henderson. I like her...alot. But I'm afraid she likes Liam. Should I tell her I like her or not?" I asked.

Gregg thought about it.

"I think you should, mate. Follow your heart little bro. She's bound to like you back. You're a charming lad." He said finally.

I smiled. "I was hoping youd say that. Okay, thank you Gregg. I've got a girl to talk to." I said.

He laughed. "Good luck, bro. Let me know how it goes." He said.

"I will. Bye mate." I said.

"Bye."

I hung up the phone and took a deep breath. This was it. Follow your heart, Niall.

I opened my door and went to the game room, where Kathryn had been with Lottie and Liam for the past hour.

I didn't hear any voices coming from inside anymore. I decided to move on. I don't know why, but I paused before walking away from the door. Maybe I should check.

I should.

I open the door and look inside.

Only to see Liam and Kathryn locked in a passionate kiss.

Kathryn's POV

Lottie and Louis had just gone to bed. Liam and I were the winning team in ping pong, but we were now so tired we could hardly stand.

"How're you feeling?" I asked.

"About what?" Liam asked.

"About Sophia."