Chapter eighteen

Liam's POV

"Lena, I need you to-" I broke off opened her door.

"Fucking shit!" I shouted.

Harry was lying on top of my sister, with her legs wrapped around his waist.

"Oh my fucking god! Get off my sister!" I shouted, moving into her room.

"Liam!" Lena cried. "Would you calm down? We weren't fucking!"

"He was sure as hell about to!" I cried.

"Calm down." She said. "It's okay."

"Oh my god. Gross." I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Calm down Liam." Lena told me.

"Okay. What I was going to say is Lena, I need you to call Simon he's blowing up my phone. Harry, I need to talk to you." I said.

It had been a week since Alan sent that message. Harry and I had managed to keep it quiet.

"I can't call Simon. I lost my phone." Lena said.

"Here. Take mine." I said, handing it to her. I grabbed Harry and dragged him out of her room.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I know what Alan wants." I said.

"Really? What? Can we give it to him?" Harry asked.

"Yeah I think so. For some reason he wants Lena's adopted moms phone number." I said.

Harry was clearly confused. "What the hell does he want Miley's number for?" He asked.

I shrugged. "Maybe he wants to tell her what a horrid person Lena is. But the thing is they already think she is horrid and won't speak to her. And the number is in Lena's phone. Maybe we should just give it to him so he'll leave her alone." I said.

Harry eyed me. "Do you know what happened with her parents?" He asked.

I looked away. "No." I lied.

"Liam?" Harry asked.

I sighed. "Yes. But I can't tell you." I said.

"Liam, how did you find out?!" He demanded.

"I can't say. So, what do we do? Do we send him the number?" I asked.

Harry was in thinking mode. "Wait. Lena didn't want us to know about what the Coopers did to her." He said.

"And?" I asked.

"And I've been wondering how it could even be possible for Alan to know Lena is Stacey." He said.

"Harry, what are you going on about?" I demanded.

"I'm saying that Lena's family doing whatever it was they did was something she wanted to keep a secret. One that was much easier to figure out than her being Stacey Kelley. So my point is-"

"He doesn't know Lena's Stacey." I finally said, catching on.

Harry nodded. "He knows what happened with the Coopers." He said.

I couldn't help but feel incredibly relieved. "Oh, god." I breathed.

Harry sighed. "Send him Miley's number. And then keep Lena's phone a little longer so we're sure that's the secret he knows." He said.

I nodded and pulled out Lena's phone.

The door opened and Lena stepped in. She had her arms crossed, and one hell of a pissed off look on her face.

"Okay, Liam." She said. "Two questions. What the hell does who know about me and why haven't you told me?"

Fuck.

Kathryn's POV

I was cooking myself some food while planning Lena's birthday party at the same time when someone came downstairs.

I turned to see Niall in the kitchen, retrieving a beer from the fridge.

"Niall!" I exclaimed. It had been forever since I'd talked to him.

"Hi." He said.

I sighed. "Niall, come on. Please stop hating me." I said.

"I don't hate you." He said quietly.

"Yes you do! Ever since you caught Liam kissing me you haven't hardly spoken to me! What, Niall?! If you don't hate me then what the hell?! Do you like me?! Do you wish I'd go away? Do you think I'm a bitch? Do you think pretty? Or ugly? Tell me Niall because I'm so sick of all this wondering! Just say something!"

Niall slammed his beer down on the counter. "I fucking love you Kathryn! And I've never been in love before! And you kissing Liam tore me to pieces!" He shouted.

I gasped at his confession. Nobody had ever been in love with me before. How the hell did Niall love me? Niall Horan, of One Direction loved me. What was so special about me?

"Niall..." I breathed.

He sighed and stepped towards me. He touched my cheeks. "I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too." I surprised myself by saying.

Niall grinned, a grin I had missed in the past week.

Then his lips were on mine.

I kissed him back passionately, wrapping my arms around his neck and savoring the taste of his lips.

Our moment was ruined by someone shouting.

"Kathryn! You fucking bitch! Liam told you!"

It was Lena. And she must know that Liam knew about her parents and told me.

Well fuck.

"Oh hell. Run." I said to Niall.

"Why?" He asked. "What did Liam tell you?" Niall asked.

"I'll tell you everything in the car. Run." I said.

Niall began to laugh as we rushed out the door away from my pissed off best friend.