Chapter twenty

Lena's POV

FLASHBACK

I was busy getting ready to be Stacey when my phone rang. It was my mom. My adopted mom, that is. I hesitated. I was releasing Money today. I was already so nervous, I wasn't sure I could talk to anyone.

Oh, screw it.

"Hello?"

"Lena, we need to talk." Mom said.

"Okay. I don't have much time though." I said, nervously applying eyeliner. I'm sure most celebrity's would think it was hardly any, but I didn't like to wear a lot. This already seemed like too much.

"This will be quick." Mom said.

"Okay. Shoot." I said.

"We don't want you to claim us anymore." She said.

I paused. "What?" I asked.

"We know we technically adopted you, but we don't want you anymore. You're Miranda's daughter now." She said.

"Mom, I hate Miranda. And Jake too. They're bitches." I said.

"No. Lena, we said we didn't want you." I heard my dad say.

I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. "Dad, you guys can't mean that! You raised me! You're supposed to love me!" I cried.

"And you were suppose to love us." Mom argued.

"What are you talking about?! I do love you!" I said. The tears were about to fall.

"If you loved us you wouldn't have left!" Dad yelled loudly.

I finally felt the tears stream down my cheeks and I gasped, realizing I was holding my breath.

"P-please." I sobbed.

"Goodbye, Lena." Mom said.

They hung up. "Mom!" I cried. "Dad!"

Of course there was nothing. I tried to call them back, but it said the number was blocked.

"No!" I yelled.

My door opened and Liam came in.

"Lena!" He cried when he saw me. He immediately came over and put his arms around me. "What's wrong?"

"M-my parents." I sobbed.

"What? What did they do?" He asked.

I started to tell him but stopped. The people who'd raised me didn't want me anymore. Why should Liam want me? Especially after how much we've fought. He was going to try and get rid of me soon enough. I couldn't give him an excuse.

"I don't want to talk about it." I sobbed.

"Lena, tell me." Liam said.

"I just need to be alone." I said.

He pulled away. "Ill get Harry if you want." He said. "Or Zayn."

I shook my head. "No. I just want to be alone." I said.

Liam wiped a tear away. "Okay." He said. "Call me if you need me." He said.

I nodded and he walked away. The second he did I pressed my hand to my mouth and leaned against the wall, crying like i had never cried before.

That's when I got the idea. I'd been trying to write a song for Stacey. Money had been a hit with Simon and I was about to release it. Liam had told me I needed a song for when Money was no longer huge.