Chapter four

Lena's POV

Harry was up, pacing around the room. He was angry. Very angry.

"Call that asshole back." He ordered.

"No, Harry." I said, reaching for my bra. I put it on and pulled my shirt over my head. Harry paid me no attention, he was still pacing around in his boxers.

"Call him back!" he cried.

I flinched. "Harry, please don't yell at me." I said quietly.

He didn't seem to hear me.

"Lena, my god. If you won't call him back let me." He said, approaching me.

I shrank back against the bed, holding onto my phone and praying he wouldn't try to take it from me.

"Harry, no. I don't want to. I don't want to call him." I said.

"Let me call him." Harry said.

"No." I said.

"Lena god dammit! Give me the fucking phone!" he yelled.

I got off the bed, grabbing my jeans. I yanked them up my legs and started for the door. Harry caught my wrist.

"Tell me what he said." He ordered.

I was too afraid to answer.

"Give me the phone."

I shook my head.

"Give it to me now Lena!" he shouted.

Zayns POV

I walked in the door, placing my keys on the table. That's when I heard a shout.

"Give it to me now Lena!" I heard.

Harry? What the hell was he doing to Lena?

I ran up the stairs, finding Harry's room.

"Harry what the hell are you doing?" I demanded.

Lena was pressed up against the wall. She was fully dressed, but Harry wore nothing but boxers. There were tears on Lena's face, and she was clutching her phone. I'd never seen her look so afraid of someone.

He was trying to rape her.

"Harry!" I shouted. Lena saw me and ducked under his arm, throwing herself into my arms. She was full on sobbing now.

I held her, watching Harry furiously. "What the hell, Harry?! You're supposed to love her! and you pin her up against the wall and try to rape her?!"

Lena looked up at me. "He didn't. He-he wasn't." She said.

I looked down. "Don't lie for him." I said.

"No, Zayn. He wasn't. I swear. He just scared me." She said.

I looked back to Harry.

"You be glad Liam didn't walk in that door." I said.

He looked a little less angry. Then he looked horrified.

"Lena," he murmured.

She cringed away into my chest.

"Don't touch her. Just don't." I warned. I pulled her away from his room and led her back to hers.

"It's okay." I said. "It's okay. Harry didn't mean to scare you, I think. That doesn't excuse him, but he's sorry."

She sobbed in my arms. "I-I-I thought he was going to hurt me." She hiccuped.

I heard the door open downstairs.

"Lena? Harry? We're back!" Liam called. Lena pulled away.

"He can't see me like this." She said. I wiped her tears.

"It's going to be okay. I'll stall him. Tell him you've gone to bed." I said.

"Okay." She said.

She went and lay down in her bed. And I went downstairs to take care of Liam.

*****

Lena's POV

It must've been four in the morning when I woke up to my door opening. I sat up, still halfway in the dream where Alan had me cornered in a bedroom like Harry had earlier.

"Lena," I heard. It was Harry.

I tensed. I knew Harry hadn't meant to scare me earlier, and that he'd never had any intention of hurting me, but he'd scared the hell out of me. I was still wary now.

He came to my side and touched my cheek. I flinched.

Harry sighed. "Lena, my love, I'm so sorry. I don't know what got into me. I was so angry that he called you-and then you wouldn't give me the phone-"

"Zayn thought you were raping me, Harry. That's what it sounded like when you were yelling. Whatever got into you, you lost it." I said.

"I know. I know. I've talked to Zayn, and he's agreed not to tell Liam-"

"So I'm supposed to pretend that you didn't scare me earlier? You want me to lie to my brother? let me guess: I'm not supposed to say anything to Kathryn or Lottie either. You want me to lie to my friends too. Classy, Harry." I interrupted.

"If you want to tell them then fine. But you know as well as I do that Liam is gonna lose it, and I don't want you to be afraid of him again." He said.

"Of course you don't." I muttered.

"Lena, I said I was sorry. I can't make it go away. I didn't mean to frighten you, i really didn't. You've got to believe me." He said.

"I know you didn't mean to. But the thing I'm worried about is the same thing happening again." I said.

"It won't. I swear. Lena, when you ran from me to Zayn....when I saw the fear in your eyes....i felt like a monster. I don't ever want to feel that way again. I don't want to be the reason you're afraid. You already have enough to deal with." Harry said.

"How do I know I can trust you?" I asked, voice breaking.

He put his hands on my cheeks, leaning his forehead against mine.

"You're just going to have to trust me, baby." He said.

Could I trust him? Oh, what was I saying? Of course I could trust him.

"Okay." I breathed.

He pulled away and gave me a kiss. "Are you okay? Do you want to go back to sleep?" he asked.

I nodded, lying back down. He kissed my forehead and started for the door.

"Harry?" I asked.

"Yes love?"

"Stay with me."

He lay down in the bed with me and I put my head on his chest.

"I love you." I mumbled.

"I love you too."