Chapter Fifty-four

Chapter Fifty-four

-

Ashton had announced they were there five minutes ago, and his boyfriend was still sat in the passenger's seat staring out of the window. The older boy knew Luke wasn't just ignoring him, that he had completely zoned out.

Ashton looked over at the restaurant and smiled. This was the first restaurant date the pair have been on. Ashton had suggested it to Luke, he did often wanting to give Luke the option to decide if he wanted to do it, and to his surprise this time he agreed. He said he felt ready.

But, now the Ashton wasn't so sure. He was worried Luke had simply agreed because he felt bad for stopping Ashton doing normal relationship things - but he really didn't mind, he just wanted to be with the blonde.

Sitting with his back turned to Luke, his legs outside of the car, scrolling through his phone, Ashton simply waited for the blonde to realise where they were.

After a couple more minutes, Luke spoke up. "How long have we been here?" he asked, his voice a little hoarse.

Ashton turned around smiled sweetly. "Not long. You were in your own little world. You wouldn't budge."

Luke looked down embarrassed. He hated it when he zoned out on Ashton, he felt it was rude and disrespectful. But, any car journey he went on he felt his mind becoming more and more disconnected from reality.

"Sorry," he mumbled. "Are we going to be late?" he asked looking over at the building, the neon sign about it growing brighter with the falling sun.

"We're just on time. I told you the wrong time because I had a feeling something like this might happen. Are you sure you want to do this?" Ashton checked, not wanting to force the blonde into anything he wasn't ready for. 

Luke pouted his boyfriend. "It's sad isn't it," the blonde admitted. Ashton cocked his head and frowned confused. "That you have to plan me having a breakdown into our dates. It's not normal."

Ashton sighed sensing Luke was upset at himself. Taking both of his hand Ashton gave them a gentle squeeze. "It is, Luke. What you suffer from is sad. But, you can't help it. And I don't mind, I just want to make everything as easy as possible for you."

Luke leaned forward and kissed Ashton's lips softly. "Thank you," he whispered. "I don't think I could have met someone more considerate and understanding."

Taking a deep, content breath Ashton let go of his boyfriend's hands and stood up. "Right we will be late if we keep moping about in here."

Luke nodded, getting out of his own door and pulling down his shirt to ensure it was smooth. He ran his hand down his torso, feeling no bump and smiled satisfied at himself. Joining Ashton around the other side of the car, he took his hand and they entered the restaurant together. 

-

"Is there anything you fancy?" Ashton asked, placing his menu down, already decided on what he was going to have. He didn't know how long it had been since Luke had been to one and wondered if it was all still a bit overwhelming for him. 

Luke bit his lip and saw a salad bar behind him. Everything on the menu scared him. He was used to eating the same things every day, he had a routine. And everything on the menu was a lot bigger than he expected, and he didn't know how much they would serve.

"You can have salad Luke," Ashton confirmed simply. "You can have a few of my chips as well if you'd like?" 

Luke looked back around and smiled gratefully. "I'd like that," he nodded. "Just don't want to waste your money that's all."

Ashton knew there was more to it than that, but he wasn't going to push the blonde. "Okay, I'll go and order. Drink?" Luke told him he just wanted water and Ashton went to go and order.

Luke peered around the place, staring and peoples meals, silently judging everything they were eating. But as his eyes adverted from their plates to his faces he saw the pure happiness that was expressed. Everyone was talking happily whilst they ate, and whilst Luke inspected their bodies he realised that they were all normal, healthy people. He knew that they were just rational.

Looking back over at Ashton he saw the boy was nearly at the front of the queue. Taking a deep breath, Luke stood up and quickly walked over to his boyfriend. 

Ashton jumped when he heard the younger boy quietly mention his name. "What's wrong?" he asked worriedly. 

Looking down, Luke asked. "Can I have a coke instead?"

"Of course!" Ashton smiled, taking his boyfriend's hand and squeezing it proudly. "Normal, diet or -"

"Normal," Luke confirmed. "I don't like the other ones. But with no ice please, I don't like it too cold!"

Ashton nodded and watched the younger boy sit back down, not realising it was his turn to get served.

Luke had gone over to his boyfriend with the intention of asking for the same as Ashton. But, Luke realised that he wasn't quite ready for that. He wasn't like these normal people who could eat a burger without a second thought. He had to take steps, work his way to eating as everyone else did. 

He knew that he might never get to that point again, he had been constantly reminded that this wasn't something that would just disappear. It was something rather that could be controlled. And now that Luke had realised that no one was going to criticise him for eating, that his father didn't truly mean what he said. He could eat something outside of his plan and not be deemed a failure by anyone else other than himself. For the first time in years, Luke felt in control. Now all he needed was time.

-

I am sorry they all the chapters are similar!

Please comment what you think.

Thank you so much for reading.