Chapter Twenty-four

Chapter Twenty-four

-

Victoria's eyes flickered up from her papers. "Luke, eat."

He'd been sat in front of her for half an hour and hadn't even attempted to do so. This was the second time he'd been in her office this week and whilst she was growing concerned for the blondes lack of interest in food, she remained calm and professional.

They hadn't managed to get the boy to eat more than one hundred calories in the past three days and didn't know what was going to work.

Luke closed his eyes and picked up a chunk of apple and took the smallest of bites and slowly chewed, throwing the rest of the apple back on the plate hoping that would please her.

Taking her glasses off, Victoria stood up and went at sat in the chair next to Luke. "Luke, we really need to know what's going on and why you're not eating? Had anyone said anything to you? Called you names?"

The raised his eyebrows at the thought, that may be behind his back someone was. Maybe even Alex or Ashton had, and that only made him feel sicker. He simply shrugged in response.

"Okay. Is it voices in your head still?" she asked taking one of his apple slices and placing it in his hand, only for him to drop it in the floor. The action was rude and disrespectful but she didn't act upon it knowing that the blonde couldn't help it.

Luke shook his head. "Just don't feel like eating," he dismissed looking at the fruit that was on the carpet.

Victoria nodded understandingly, knowing that he was unable to access the information right now. "Luke, your mothers' visiting today, I don't know if you knew?"

"Alex told me," he stated putting the plate on the desk and standing up.

"Where are you going?" she asked, watching the small boy head over to the door.

"To get ready." What she had just said reminded him and he decided he wanted to look decent for his mother, to make her feel slightly pleased.

"You need to take your meds first Luke, okay?" She wasn't going to argue with him. She and Alex were going to have to talk to his mother and discuss what path they should follow next.

Luke groaned in annoyance. "I don't want to. They make me numb."

She looked at a Luke. The dark lines under his eyes. The unusually pale skin and the vacant expression in his eyes. Luke had been on the medication for just over a month and it was bound to be in full swing now and she was wondering if the medication was causing him to be like this, depressed almost.

"Please, can you just take them for today Luke and I promise later we can all talk about it and see if there is a better option."

-

Luke sat slouched in the sofa in the day room, his eyes closed as he listened to the conversations between other patients and their parents. Their parents telling them how well they looked and what they've missed out on at home.

The blonde didn't notice Alex enter the room, his mother beside him, her face pained when she saw her son. "What's he doing? Is he asleep?" she asked.

She took in her soon. It was clear that he'd gained weight. His face was fuller, still not healthy, but he looked better.

"Think he's just resting. He sleeps quite a lot, that way he doesn't have to deal with reality," Alex said, taking a seat beside the blonde, causing the sofa to go down. At the sudden movement, Luke's eyes flickered open and he tilted his head to look at his therapist, then letting his eyes settle on his mother and gave her a small smile.