Chapter 10: Her

Andi's heart starts to race. She keeps calm on the outside but in her mind, she's screaming for everyone to go away. She just stands still and breathes out.

"Well, who's this, Barry?" Iris asks acknowledging the fact Andi is a girl. That's with Barry.

"Iris, this is Andi Brave, she's my. . ." Barry trails off as pauses as he glances at Andi.

Andi quickly steps closer to Barry. "I'm his girlfriend," Andi intertwines her arm with Barry's. Based on the short height difference between how tall Andi and Barry are, Andi leans her temple on his ear. Not long after her actions, Andi pulls off an innocent smile.

"Barry, I didn't know you had a girlfriend," Iris comments. She walks up to Barry lightly hitting him on his left arm. It is opposite from the side where Andi is standing. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?" She starts a small laugh which gives an effect on Barry leading him to smile.

I didn't even know myself, Barry tells Andi in his mind. Andi, can you explain.

Just go with it. Andi forces sounding like she has a plan.

Iris walks over to Andi and smiles at the couple. "How about I take your girlfriend, on a walk," Iris looks at Andi, "So us girls can take a break."

"Uh," Andi tries to think of an excuse.

"Oh, I think that fine," Barry takes Andi's hand our of the grip and gives it to Iris.

"I-" Iris grabs her hand before Andi can say anything next, "Oh,"

Iris leads Andi out of the doors of the precinct. Andi looks back at Barry. Oh, we'll talk about this later.

You'll like Iris.

Haven't you noticed I'm not that much of a social person.

Eddie comes over to Barry and pats his back. Eddie doesn't seem surprised about the way Iris can be social.

"Where did you find her, Barry?" Eddie wonders. "I've never seen her around."

The question made Barry think about Andi. She surprises him with excitement of whatever she can do unexpectedly. She blew him away. Well, she blew everyone away with her powers. Figuratively, she brings joy and amazement for Barry now that she's becoming more of the social type.

Andi and Iris walk outside as Barry and Eddie follow behind. They head towards the park hoping they don't accidentally walk too far from the precinct. Iris can think of many things to ask Andi. Maybe even to lecture.

"So you are Barry's best friend he grew up with." Andi says as she remembers the thoughts she found from Barry.

"I guess Barry told you about his past." Iris states with a tone.

"Why, something I shouldn't know?" Andi stops walking and barks at Iris remembering the thoughts and feeling Barry has of her.

"Oh, no!" Iris interjected. "That's not what I mean." They continue walking as Andi looks down and listens to Iris. "It's just, Barry isn't someone who usually talks about his past."

"I'm not that good at story telling either." Andi jested.

"Barry is like, my twin brother," Iris started to lecture, "we have a connection where we tell each other everything.

Iris sounds like she tries to give a lecture, Andi laughs in her head.

"Andi, you seem like a nice person and I noticed very quickly about the way Barry is around you," Iris reports.

Where is she going with this?

"Barry is one of the best people I know." Iris tries to speak with a friendly tone as she lectures. "I just don't want to see him getting hurt. Especially by someone who doesn't truly like him."

Andi snaps her head at Iris. She only stares at her best friend Andi follows her eyes and watches Barry with Eddie. Andi doesn't know herself if she truly likes Barry. Barry is her friend, for now. . .but how much longer will he be.

Iris is being honest and a good friend. That is all Andi can think about. She glances back at Iris and sees her smile.

"You're a great friend for Barry," Andi comments softly. "Iris, I don't want to see him get hurt either."

Barry cannot get hurt. Andi devotes herself, Especially not by me.

Andi stands still watching Iris walk back to Eddie. Barry waves and smiles as she does the same. Iris and Eddie leave Andi and Barry walk in another direction hand in hand All Andi can think of are the words Iris said. They stick to her mind repeating itself as if it's a audio recorder with no stop button.