Chapter 5: The Awakening

Staring at her too long can blind his eyes. Only it feels that way for Barry. The light in the room shines down on Andi's her pale skin, almost white as snow. He thinks about how she looks more of a corpse then someone asleep. But that's because of the temperature being negative thirty-two degrees fahrenheit.

Andi's dark chocolate hair shines from the lights in the room making her hair turn into a lighter shade of brown. Barry wonders what color her eyes must look like. Suddenly, Barry realizes no matter how hard he tries, he can't stop thinking about her.

As Andi lays down Barry notices her slim body. Her long legs and arms, her heart-shaped face. Sometimes Barry glances down at Andi's fingers so he wouldn't miss any more movement.

Andi was covered in a dress that made her look like a hospital patient. Her arms lay at her sides along with her naturally straight hair. She's something magical, Barry tells himself.

"Barry, just don't freak her out when she wakes up," Caitlin starts off saying, "Maybe you should change out of The Flash suit."

Barry looks down seeing he still has it on. Barry forgets he still wears it when he comes back from missions. Mostly because it's comfortable, but The Flash is a part of him. It became a part of his life. Another life Barry lives.

**

Why is there light in the darkness? What is happening? I stopped dreaming! I can see a bright light while my eyes are closed? But why? There has to be only one solution, I'm awake. But I can't be awake! I shouldn't be awake!

Andi's thoughts change over time. It still takes hours for her to thaw. Although it gives her enough time to think to herself.

How long has it been since I went to sleep? Who woke me up? Why was I woken up? Her thoughts expand until the point she has to open her eyes. Why is the light in my eyes bothering me?

As soon as Andi knows it, her eyes open. It takes a few seconds for her eyes to adjust. She finds herself staring at a white ceiling. Am I in a hospital? Andi can't feel her lower body. She feels cold, but on the inside.

I can't be. I was frozen because there was no choice-

Andi overhears someone gasps. Since the voice sounded coming from a female, it gives Andi the hint that there is a women in the room. "She's awake!"

Footsteps, coming closer. Andi doesn't know if she should be afraid or stay still and close her eyes as if she was still asleep. But she can't, they know she's awake. Andi is now even more afraid as she feels warmth come from her left side. A male's presence.

Stay away from me, Andi screams in her head.

Andi sits up faster then she could blink. Her head snaps in every direction. She exams the whole room. All the equipment they have in S.T.A.R. Labs is what feared her most. She turns to her right and sees the woman she heard gasp, Caitlin.

Caitlin's face softens as Andi turns back to who is standing in front of her, Cisco. Andi holds out an open hand. Andi's face turns into a glare. She stretches out her arm in Cisco's direction. Cisco shakes his hand to try to stop her. Caitlin shouts in a reflex to stop Andi herself. But Andi is full of fear.

A ball of fire forms from her hand and shoots straight at Cisco. Before getting hit, Cisco dodges it by throwing himself on the floor. Caitlin runs to Cisco help him. As Andi has the chance, she gets on her side and pushes herself off the bed.

Before she can take another step on her bare feet, her legs wobble under her and she almost falls over. She grabs onto the bed and helps herself back on her feet. Andi walks towards Caitlin and Cisco completely ignoring Barry who is still standing on the side of her bed.

From Barry's perceptive, he is frozen still. He watches Andi in judgement. Barry did not expect Andi to wake up using her powers to hurt everyone. But it's not her fault. It's like Barry can feel her fear, her pain, her nightmare.

Suddenly Dr. Wells strolls in the room sitting in the wheel chair. He catches Andi's attention. She turns to him while her eyes turn into multi-color. She continues to raise her hand towards his direction.

"Andi it's okay," Dr. Wells says calmly. "We can help you if you calm down."

Andi snapped.

Andi pulls her hand back and pushes it out creating a big force of wind. It pushes back Dr. Wells so much he falls out of the chair. Andi stomps on her right foot and pushes out both of her hands. The lab shakes like an earthquake. The glass in all the rooms shatter into pieces.

Andi walks closer to Caitlin and Cisco. Andi can't calm down, she refuses to. For her, right now, she thinks of everyone as an enemy. She's scared, so the only way to protect herself is by using her powers. But no one, not Dr Wells, not even Andi herself knows what to predict.

As Andi's eyes glow brighter with the six colors of the rainbow. She opens both of her palms and creates balls of fire. The holds them in her grasp ready to throw them. But what's stopping her. Caitlin begs for her to stop. All Andi can hear are her thoughts snapping at each other within her conscious.

Go on, continue with what you're doing. Be the person your meant to be!

Andi rethinks and snaps at that thought. No, I can't! I have to stop! I was frozen to keep everyone safe, safe from me. I have to stop before they judge me anymore.

What should Barry do, should he just continue to stand and watch Andi using her powers on his friends. Barry realizes she made a mess within the main lab. He shakes his head and closes his eyes thinking of any ideas that are thrown at him. Barry finally thinks of a way he can reach out to her. By communication.

"Andi," Barry pauses after saying her name calmly and slowly. "We are not here to hurt you."

No matter what Andi thinks in her head next, all of those thoughts vanish. She only hears Barry, she can only listen to Barry. No matter what she can say to herself, all her thoughts channel to him.

A part of Andi can't stand still. She steps closer to Caitlin who she hasn't used her powers on yet. She raises her hands with the balls of fire. Barry doesn't know what he should do. But he has an idea of what he could. Although, it would be risking his identity and going against what Caitlin told him to not do.

Barry runs in front of Andi.

When he looks into Andi's eyes, all he sees is the sad rainbow that's glows inside of them. Andi focuses on Barry. Now she has become more afraid then she ever was of herself. Not because of Bary's powers, but now that he is just like her.

Barry holds Andi's wrist in his stiff hand. "Andi," he tries again.

Andi's eyes change color. Her eyes change into a light brown that focus on Barry's own green eyes. Her eyes examine Barry thoroughly. Andi wonders how Barry flashed in front of her faster then a blink of an eye. She backs up continuing to think of more ideas to how.

Letting go of her hand as she backs up, Barry watches her, knowing she is thinking hard based on her face expression. How was Barry able to do that? Why is he able to be that fast? More and more questions Andi asks herself.

Barry finds himself looking straight into Andi's bright eyes. He watches her eyes changes a shade darker. His mouth opens in shock.

"Andi whatever you're thinking it's okay," Barry lifts his hands up waving them with hand expressions. "I will explain everything I just did, if you can stop this."

As Andi's head snaps up so she can look into Barry's eyes, but she finds herself looking into his mind. She comes closer to Barry and touches his cheek lightly.

Andi whispers, "You're just like me." quiet enough for only Barry to hear. But before Barry can think of what to say next, Andi falls in Barry's arms.

Unconscious.