Chapter 2: I Am The Only One

AN: Thanks for the wait. Enjoy reading!
He lives two lives.They cross paths from time to time. But to keep his friends and loved ones alive, he must train through the hard process of extending his abilities. Barry will able to see how far he can take The Flash to another level.

How to train? That is a question for someone that can run faster than any man in the world. Besides the treadmill that can advance to his speed, Barry needs to test his powers and control them. So far, he knows how to use his super speed. But is there any other abilities that are hiding and is ready to pop out and surprise him.

For example, the man can handle his liquor. Alcohol does not have the affect on him like everyone. No hangovers, burning throats, and dunked mistakes for the twenty-five year-old. (Yep, that's his age alright.)

If he can heal in hours, run faster then the speed of light, and has tough genetics, what else could happen to him? Barry will find out what he can do from a bolt of lightning.

Out in the world there are other meta-humans who use their special abilities for committing crimes, revenge, or for themselves. Some meta-humans probably don't even know how to use their powers. Barry is one of the only meta-humans who can help the other ones in Central City.

Barry has a schedule planned to focus time on each if his lives he commits to. His job takes his day. Different cases here and there. The important ones draw The Flash to help. With Joe's knowledge of the secret they both can help solve cases even if it involves the impossible.

In S.T.A.R Labs, Barry contained to be tested with Caitlin to experiment with his blood to see if any changes have occurred.

"What else do we have to do?" Barry asks. "To explore any other abilities I might have."

"Besides extending your training as if you're training for a non-stop marathon," Caitlin pauses to think. She takes off her gloves and shakes her wavy brown hair out of the bun she put on to keep it away from the blood. "hope nothing dangerous occurs."

"What if Barry has something cool like telekinesis, telepathy, or even precognition?" Cisco wonders after entering the room Caitlin is testing Barry's blood sample.

Cisco turns to Barry who pulls down his sleeve after the needle was taken out. He gives Cisco a look of confusion mixed with worry.

"Being able to control objects with your mind, to read another's mind, and the access to predict the future." Cisco defines each ability he named in order.

"I knew what they are I was only thinking of how crazy it would be if I had any of them." Barry responds.

"Or all of them." Dr. Wells adds. He rolls in on his wheelchair with a button on his armrest. "That would make you become something far more dangerous."

"I wonder what powers any meta-humans could have." Barry asks.

"The power they were chosen with," Dr. Wells says with a flat tone in his voice. "Only relevant when you are fighting them."

"Speaking of which," Caitlin interrupts with a trembling voice. "Barry there is a burning building downtown."

Barry glances at Dr. Wells then leaves the room to the main lab. He rushes to the computers and looks for the address with the news they found. Cisco points out how big the fire is. "There are news reporters already there. The fire must be that noticeable."

"It's at an orphanage?" Barry asks surprised and scared.

"You should hurry Barry." Caitlin suggests.

Barry turns around but almost stumbles over Dr. Wells. "You shouldn't go and waste your speed on this mission Barry." His voice is rough and low. A serious tone gives effect.

"Kids are in danger, it's a fire-"

"That's why the universe created firemen." Dr. Wells snaps trying not to be harsh.

"I have to go and help."

"Barry you're the onto meta-human we have to text on. If you want to expand your knowledge on the abilities you've gained then you must turn down to be a superhero."

Barry stands still glaring at Dr. Wells. He turns to glance at Cisco, then Caitlin, then back at Dr. Wells.

"Cisco, Caitlin," Barry says in a low voice. "update me with the address." Barry picks up his feet and grabs his suit from the glass case.

"Barry," Dr. Wells stops Barry. "Don't get hurt when you saving those kids." Dr. Wells manages to get out before Barry walks out.

Barry nods his head at Dr. Wells then runs as fast as he can to the orphanage as Cisco gives Barry the address through the earpiece.

To protect Barry, to not let him become someone that is not just a meta-human, a murderer, he will have to crush Barry with lies. Only at his opinion should he lie with fake facts of truth.