Chapter 24: You Should Know Where I'm Coming From

What do I tell her? How do I start a normal conversation with her? Say something?Barry thinks to himself. 'Hey Andi I like your aniline jacket.' No, not something nerdy. It's Andi I'm going to talk to. Wait, it's Andi. I can talk to her about anything. Barry turns around to his friend laughing leaving him confused.

"I heard that cute conversation in your head." Andi says through her laughter.

She thought it was cute.

"Yes I did." She replies. "Your rambling conversations are a big turn on for me."

She must of read my mind again.

And yes again to answer your question, Andi starts to communicate with Barry with telepathy. "What did you want to talk to me about?"

"Us."

Andi immediately frowns.

Barry waves his hand and softens his face expression as he sees Andi worry. "Oh no, its nothing bad, but it's something important." He reassures her.

"So talk." Andi allows. "I'm listening."

"You might want to sit down for this."

"Okay, anything else?" Andi asks sarcastically. "You want me to raise my hand every time I have a question."

Barry smiles as he says, "Just please listen, before you stop me."

"Now it's sounding serious." Andi says as she sits down.

Barry lifts one of his shoulders and leans against the desk at her side. "What happened between us before you left me unconscious, by the way I forgive you," Andi laughs to herself. "But what you did. It left me to think about us."

Andi can hear the rushing thoughts shout from Barry's mind. She frowns and rolls her eyes annoyed of what he will say. She decides to walk out, it's what she can do best. Andi stands up so quickly, too quickly, that she ends up pushing her chair back.

Barry pushes himself against the desk to stand. "I remember the kiss." He blurts out.

Andi stops in her tracks. "You weren't suppose to." She sighs.

"Then why did you kiss me if you didn't want me to remember?" Barry asks stepping closer.

Andi turns around on her heels. Andi knows she is caught off guard. She can't deny the real reason she kissed him. Barry can figure out the truth from lies. Barry decides to say something.

"Andi," Barry starts to say with sweet emotion. "I-" Andi holds out a hand to tell him to stop before he says any more words.

Tears form in Andi's eyes. She stares deeply into each of Barry's eyes. Three words shock Andi. As if electricity is running through her veins, giving her goose bumps. She shivers and shallows the lump in her throat. Should she say it back? Should she refuse to make him think, to make him feel different from love towards her?

"Why would you want to say something like that?" Andi manages to whisper through her breath. Her heart burns from the aching that is making her become dizzy. "To me."

"Because I mean it."

Andi thinks of what to say next. "No one has said they loved me in a long time." She tries to hold in her sobs. "Not since, Michael."

"I guess it would feel nice to hear those words again?" Barry comments.

Andi shakes her head. "I don't want you to say something you don't mean."

Andi turns to face Barry even with tears she doesn't want him to see. She doesn't want him to feel sorry. She has her own reasons to not let anyone, more importantly Barry, to see her cry.

"Do you want me to prove it to you?" Barry asks the rhetorical question as he walks closer to her.

Andi doesn't know what he will do next. She watches Barry's next movements. He leans his head down a few inches to reach her height. What do I do? Do I reach up? Do I close my eyes and lean in? Why am I so nervous?

Barry closes his eyes. He trusts Andi closing the gap and will kiss him back. Andi thinks about anything she can to avoid this. But somewhere, her heart wants her to kiss Barry. Her mind tries to think of something to stop the kiss before she has a kiss of regret.

As their soft lips brushes against each other, pulling back is Andi's option. She sighs a large breathe of air, in and out. Andi turns around so Barry won't have to look at her with his melting green eyes.

"What about Iris?" Andi croaks.

"What about Iris?" Barry repeats.

"Don't act like you're dumb, Barry. I saw your memories of what you feel for her." Andi reminds him. "I know you love her-"

"Loved." He looks up and thinks of something else to say. To make sure it's the right words. "But that was before I realized I love someone else." Barry speaks in an engrossed tone.

He grabs Andi's left shoulder and turns her around to face him. His hand trails down the same arm to her hand. Their hands fold together and link fingers.

What will she say now? Barry asks in his head.

Before he can thin about anything else. Andi decides to do something that even surprises herself. She can't stop herself once she does this. Andi acts without thinking.

Andi grabs the back of Barry's head. It doesn't take much force to pull him down as Barry allows her. He lets her take control. Barry glances into the color of chocolate brown that makes him feel lost. The light catches on their eyes. Barry's hand attaches itself on the back of Andi's waist.

They both lean in. Turn their heads, close their eyes, and brush their lips against each other. Soon as they know it, their lips collide against each other. Their bodies more in sync. Andi feels a burning fire in her heart as for Barry, he feels a rush of cold surrounding his body.

Together they are close. Together they stay. Moments later, they release the tense but passionate grip, although they don't unlink their hands. They both gasp for air as their first reflex. Barry uses his free hand to grab a hold of Andi's waist pulling her closer.

Andi hungers for more. Again, she commands.

Barry unlinks their hands so he can cup her cheeks. He pushes some loose curls of Andi's hair away from her face.

Suddenly they both stop. Something pushes them away. They now breathe the same air as their faces are close. Out of breathe they are left in that position.

No words are said, no words can explain what they feel, what they did. They stare into each other's eyes and close the gap leaning their foreheads on each other.

AN: More questions; What will this lead for them both? Can something at this point hold each other back? I appreciate the feedback with the hilarious but honest reactions. Continue reading this adventure because only a few chapter until the first book is done.