Chapter 8: Fact or Opinion

Decisions run through Barry's head about Andi. What should he tell her? What should he do? He doesn't want to be mad at his new friend. Barry sits in a room alone with his thoughts. Andi sees him through the glass and decides to talk to him.

Andi sits down next to Barry. His head stays down as he keeps the silent tears to himself. "That was unusual for a first time meeting," Andi comments. She looks at Barry and sees his sadness within his fake smile.

"I'm sorry Barry," Andi apologizes. "I didn't know that the memory of your mother's murder would be the memory we would transport to."

"It's okay," Barry says honestly. "I'm kinda glad you know something about my past." He doesn't lift his head.

Andi gently places her hand over Barry's fists. "I never usually share anything about me. Especially not to a person I only met for one day." Andi pauses. "But I understand the feeling. Years ago, when I was sixteen, my parents were murdered," Andi hesitates to speak.

Barry lifts his head towards Andi's direction. "How?" Barry croaks.

Tears start to form Andi of the tragic memory. "B-by my ex-boyfriend." She stutters. Her voice was soft and quiet from the tears, only a whisper could come out.

"Your ex," Barry comments showing sympathy in his voice.

"My parents didn't allow me dating anyone at the time." Andi says with a small sigh meant for a laugh.

"Your ex-boyfriend wanted to kill your parents because they wouldn't let you date him?" Barry inferences.

"Not just because of that," Andi answers. "You can say he was a 'lunatic'."

Barry has more questions in his head. But he eliminates some to ask the right questions. "So your parents didn't let you see him because of their opinion," Barry asks more curious.

"It was a fact that he was a lunatic. He was eighteen and my parents were strict on dating at the time," Andi continues after taking deep breathes of air.

"What happened to him?"

"I can't tell you," Andi whispers.

Barry pushes harder. "Didn't he go to jail, did he escape?"

"Barry," Andi stops him. "I can't tell you or you'll think different of me. We are becoming friends aren't we?"

Barry squeezes Andi's hand. "We are friends." He stands up bringing Andi along. "Let me prove it to you."

In a swift motion, Barry picks up Andi and lifts her on his back. "Barry what are you doing?" She asks with panic in her voice.

"Hang on."

Before Andi could say anything next, before she could breathe, before could blink, she feels the sharp rush of air. The air hits her face and runs through her hair pushing her back with great force. Barry runs as he smiles feeling Andi holding on tightly.

Once Barry finds himself in an area in the building he's never been before, he immediately stops. Andi catches her breath and let's go of Barry's shoulders. Barry drops her legs letting her fall slowly. She pats the back of his shoulder while she walks around him.

"Uh, Barry," Andi gets Barry's attention. "Does that always happen to your shoes?"

Barry looks down where Andi is pointing. He sees his converse sneakers hurt into flames. He shouts in spite of shock He stomps the shoes onto the floor extinguishing the flames. "Awe man, I loved these sneakers,"

"Guess friction catches up with you very quickly," Andi jokes.

"Yeah well, that's why the the material of the suit is made to resist it." Barry laugh.