Chapter 26: When I Look At You, I See Darkness

This past week, the continuing gut feeling Andi has will not fade away. It stays like it's pain but it doesn't hurt her, it warns her. It throbs of a marking to tell her something. She just doesn't know what it's trying to tell her.

One day, as they enter S.T.A.R. Labs, Andi can feel Barry's hand shifting into Andi's palm. Andi takes his hand while smiling at the ground. Meanwhile, a warm feeling has entered her chest. Somehow letting Andi know this is a good feeling that she had always felt around Barry. Besides that, Andi notices the difference from what she ever felt with Michael.

"Barry I told Cisco and Caitlin about us." Andi pauses shortly for Barry to react. "I hope that was okay because if they knew about us being together, then that could be one step into making make our relationship official." Barry can easily tell Andi's nervous by her change of voice.

Barry doesn't know what to say. He doesn't want to say anything. His blank expression does scare Andi but once he drops his shoulders into a sigh, she becomes relieved. "I'm actually glad you told them."

Andi raises an eyebrow in confusion. "You are? You aren't mad-at all?"

"No, I couldn't be mad." Barry says, "I actually told Joe last night."

Andi lights punches Barry on his arm. Barry pretends for it to hurt while Andi explains, "You had me worried for nothing."

What catches Andi off guard is Barry's unexpected kiss which in fact, stops all of her worries. Luckily, Andi can kiss back at a close height level with her shoes. Her black ankle boots give her some support with the small heels.

"Okay you two," Cisco tells Andi and Barry to get their attention. "There are some people who would be more comfortable if you got a room. But right now, Barry, I need your help." Cisco jokes. "Here you go." He hands Barry the flame thrower while he carries the cold gun. "Walk with me."

Barry looks back at Andi with a face saying 'Save me'. Andi giggles at his reaction then waves at him with a grin forming on her lips.

It won't be that bad, Andi says in Barry's mind.

I would have to leave you, that's already bad.

Only for a little bit. I'll be waiting for you. Then we can find that room Cisco mentioned.

I like the sound of that.

Andi exits the corridor and walks to the desk where she finds Caitlin on one of the computers. "Hey, Caitlin." Andi says with a tone telling Caitlin she needs to talk to her.

Caitlin spins her chair to Andi's direction while she holds out both hands forming her fingers to make peace signs. "What is it, girlfriend?" She says in a gangster type voice.

Andi waves her index finger around Caitlin to sympathize. "First, never do that again, that involves voice." Andi laughs. "Second, I just wanted to thank you about the advice you gave me at Jitters. I'll also have to thank Cisco later."

"No problem at all." Caitlin "I was happy to be able to talk to you about the typical men topic anyone women would causally talk about."

"You never did that type of stuff growing up, did you?" Andi teases her. Caitlin flashes a glare at Andi while pretending to laugh at her joke.

"Even though you don't remember me before you were frozen." Caitlin starts to say, causing Andi to frown by the fact she never had lost her memory. "We were best friends and I would like to continue that in any way I can."

At that moment, Andi starts to continue holding onto the reason why she won't tell Caitlin she remembers. She's keeping her safe. Both Caitlin and Cisco. Andi won't let this feeling get into the way of hurting her friends.