Chapter 6: Rambling Questions & Explanations

AN: Thank you for waiting to read this story. Enjoy!

Now more questions and thoughts rush into Barry's mind. All of them about Andi. The way she reacted when she woke. She became a danger, but does she stay one?

Barry carries her and lays her back on the bed. Barry pushes her hair out of her face while her eyes stay close. He checks for her pulse from her neck and keeps his other hand on her cheek. She's breathing but it took a while for Barry to feel her pulse.

Once Dr. Wells, Caitlin, and Cisco are back up they walk towards Andi and Barry (Expect for Dr. Wells who is in the electric wheelchair). Dr. Wells gives Caitlin and Cisco commands that Barry doesn't pay much attention to. They prepare themselves with objects and equipment that someone would see in a hospital. Barry watches Caitlin injects Andi with a needle into her veins that connects to an IV. (The bag of water hanging from a pole.)

"Why does she need that?" Barry softly asks with concern.

"She passed out," Caitlin answers in an insist. "We have to check to see what caused her to."

"It could be because of the temperature difference, because she was scared, it could be because of anything." Dr. Wells hinted. "It might be because of you, Mr. Allen."

"Me?" Barry laughed. "Never has a girl fainted over me?"

"Please, Barry. I'm sure it wasn't because of that reason." Caitlin teases.

"Well, she fell in my arms-"

"It could be because of a natural human effect." Dr. Wells stops Barry.

"So could of she fainted because she was overheated?" Barry asks in a tone showing how he is acknowledging the situation.

"Actually yes," Cisco comments in the background. "According to the her body temperature. Her temperature is higher then a normal human could reach."

"She isn't just human, Cisco." Dr. Wells comments.

"Hey, she threw a fireball at me!" Cisco nagged. "I can pretty tell she's a meta-human."

"But throwing fire balls is our least concern," Dr. Wells replies. "We know that's not all she can do."

"What made her body temperature increase?" Barry asks.

"Maybe her power," Cisco suggests. "She can't control it so the powers she used to throw fire must of increased her body temperature."

Shocked, Barry feels right now. His eyebrows raise and his eyes widen. Crazy to believe in this impossible fact. Barry only believes since he knows he is the impossible himself.

Meanwhile the conversation between Barry, Cisco, and Dr. Wells, Caitlin watches Andi lie on the bed sedated. Caitlin looks heart broken. One of her old friends attacked everyone because of her fear. She used her powers to protect herself against everyone. But why?

She looked me in the eyes, Caitlin thinks to herself. It's like she didn't recognize me. She was going to hurt everyone. . .expect Barry.

Barry catches a glimpse of Caitlin standing next to Andi. He notices how she looks sad based on her face expression. Caitlin uses a finger to wipe her eyes, to wipe her tears. Barry sighs and walks towards her.

"Andi, Cisco, and I were interns together. You can say we were best friends at the time. If she hadn't done that stupid experiment." Caitlin chokes on her sobs.

"Caitlin," Barry sighs feeling sympathy.

"She used her powers on use." Caitlin cries. "She didn't recognize us as she looked into our eyes."

Barry grabs Caitlin's arms and pulls her into a hug. He wraps his arms around her back as Caitlin does the same. Caitlin's tears fall on Barry's black sweater sinking into his shoulder.

Over Caitlin's shoulder, he looks down on Andi. He sees an innocent girl who made a decision that lead her to this place. A decision she made that gave her powers. She became dangerous, she is unpredictable. Overthinking what Andi can be or is already, Barry knows one thing about Andi for sure. He knows that she is scared.

"What are we going to do about Andi?" Barry tries to ask as he lets go of Caitlin.

"Help her use her powers." Dr. Wells answers as he enters the room.

"Help her?" Barry asks for clarification. "How?"

"Andi was scared when she threw the fireballs," Caitlin starts off.

"And if she's calm or happy then we can make some improvement with her using her powers along the way." Dr. Wells moves closer to Andi. "We can know Andi's strength" He doesn't look at anyone expect Andi while he speaks.

"So you're asking Barry to help Andi learn to control her powers." Cisco summarizes.

"We can all pitch into the process. Andi has many powers to control." Dr. Wells says. "It's not going to be easy."

"Maybe not for Barry since it seems they already have some sort of 'bond' ." Cisco jokes lightly.

Barry snaps his head at his friend. He doesn't glare or at Cisco. Barry's face expression is emotionless because he knows Cisco is right. He can feel some sort of bond start between himself and Andi. But the scary part is that they never shared a conversation with one another.

Unfortunately, the opportunity slips for Barry to overthink this. "Once she learns how to control her powers she can maybe help me as The Flash!"

"Barry we can't overthink the possibilities," Caitlin calm down Barry's thoughts. "She was asleep for a long time and now is asleep again. We can't plan her untrue when she can't have a say in."

After Caitlin stops talking, Barry thinks about how Caitlin defends one of her good friends. He has those same feelings to defend Andi. But his mind is the one who overthinks. Why would he think about so much with Andi's future and wouldn't remember to think about Andi's feelings?

"I don't think I can force her to control her powers." Barry says quietly.

"Excuse me Mr. Allen," Dr. Wells tries to stop Barry.

"It would be too hard for her-"

"Is this too hard for Andi or too hard for you Barry?" Dr. Wells demands.

"This seems a lot for Andi to go through since she we know what happens when she's scared." Barry raises his voice. "I remember this being a lot for me when I first found out that I was the fastest man alive."

"Barry has a point." Caitlin brings up. "If she's stressed or even mad she could," Caitlin pauses to think. "she could do something far more dangerous like creating earthquakes in seconds."

"The same way you were able to a just to your powers, Barry," Dr. Wells sorts out. "You can help her."

After exiting the room, Barry shakes his head saying no more words. He closes his mouth and walks to Andi. He sits down on a chair at the right side of the bed. Barry looks at the monitor for her heart beat which doesn't change. She's sleeping still and only her chest rising and sinking in pattern can show proof.

Barry reaches for Andi. He takes her cold pale hand in his warm ones. He stares at her as if he is waiting for her to sit up and say something to him. Barry doesn't want to give up on her. Now that responsibility lies on his hands to help her. Turning around to walk away, Barry almost let's go of her hand, it a stronger grip holds onto his hand. A voice speaks soft and quiet as the wind stops Barry completely.

"Barry Allen."