Chapter 3: Fire Trap

AN: Thank you all for waiting. Happy Thanksgiving! For all of my fans who love this story...here I present *drumroll*...chapter three.

Barry picks up his feet and starts to run. Straight ahead he runs with a blank mind. He pushed all of the sad thoughts in the back of his mind. They could disturb him and stop him from running. He can't be distracted.

When Barry runs, he feels the air in his face. Nothing stops him. He goes faster then the world can reach him giving him access to his own time. You would think since he can run faster then time he can use it to think. But Barry runs to not think.

Once he gets back, he knows Dr. Wells will be angry for him running off. On the other hand everyone is already used to him being late and running off before anyone can blink their eyes. Right now, Barry has to focus on the mission.

"Barry do you see the smoke up ahead?" Barry hears Cisco asks through his earpiece.

Barry stops and sees a long path of smoke that reaches up to the clouds. "Yeah, and I smell it to. It can't be that big of a fire for a small building?"

"Well we will know once you get there, won't we?" Dr. Wells says putting his fate in Barry's speed to keep him safe.

"Doctor-"

"Barry, just do what you have to. But no matter what, you can't get hurt." Dr. Wells says back.

Caitlin stares at her worried boss only wanting Barry's safety. She turns her head back to the screen. Her eyes examine Barry's senses on the monitor that connects to his suit. "Barry turn this next corner.." Caitlin gives directions to Barry. "There's an alleyway you can take as a shortcut."

Once Barry arrives at the allyway, he sees terror and fear of everyone at the scene. "I'm here." Barry responds after swallowing the lump in his throat.

Civilians run with fright and scream. Some people stay and call help. Most just came to watch and take videos of pictures of the fire. He can feel how scared everyone is at this moment. Who has the time to do that instead of helping? Barry asks himself.

"What's happening Barry?" Caitlin is worried of curiosity.

"There's so much happening. There are people every wher-wait the children!" Barry snaps at himself.

"Try to find a higher ground to receive a better view of the fire." Cisco suggests

Choosing to run on top of the closet building to see a better view, Barry can see children crying and screaming. Female social workers try to calm the the panicking children. Barry overhears one's conversation.

"I checked all of the children! Kyle and Bailey must be inside!" The blonde woman shouts over the cries.

"Oh my, what do we do?" The older woman begs looking up.

That makes it more personal towards Barry. There is too much smoke surrounding the area; it catches into their lungs. Too many people are there witnessing everything. Too many people are coughing the smoke out of their lungs. Barry knows what he should do.

"There are kids inside." Barry summarizes the situation into his earpiece.

"Barry you will have to-"

Caitlin is stopped mid sentence by Dr. Wells. "To not do what you're thinking. You can't risk going inside."

"What will happen to the children inside if I don't go?" Barry asks with his tone telling them they know the answer.

Barry still remembers Dr. Wells taking Girder out of his cell. He died in front of Barry's eyes. He had to witness death once more. He will not witness it again.